Sao Paulo IndyCar Circuit Unveiled.............

All about Indy Racing League (IRL)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Sao Paulo IndyCar Circuit Unveiled.............

Post by mlittle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 am

IndyCar Series officials, track consultants and event organized unveiled earlier today the course to be used in Sao Paulo for the season-opening Sao Paulo Indy 300.............

Quotes from today's announcement....................

----Tony Cotman, President, NZR Consulting
Two of the long straightaways have relatively slow corners leading onto them. There are some good 90-degree turns at the end of them, and on one occasion a little tighter than that. It's a track that's challenging but can create some exciting racing. I like to see a course that is really quite challenging on a driver and has potential for the driver to either A, take multiple lines or B. entice them into mistakes. Running through the middle of the stadium that hosts Carnival, which holds about 30,000 people, I think will be an electric atmosphere for the drivers. That portion of the track through the stadium is concrete and everywhere else will be asphalt, so there will be some surface changes. That's always good for the racing.
Everybody we're working with is incredibly motivated to showcase the event. I'm sure there will be some fine-tuning in the future, but to be perfectly honest it's no different than going to any of the temporary circuits where we currently race. It will be fast. It will be fun. It will be exciting. It will be safe. Most importantly, from a fan's perspective, they'll see a lot of action.
----Helio Castroneves, Team Penske
With long straightaways, it's certainly going to be fast, and you definitely will have challenges. No question it will be a good race and the people are so excited to have the IZOD IndyCar Series come to Brazil.
----Milton Longobardi, Director of Marketing-Sao Paulo Tourism Board
Brazilians love motor racing and most Brazilians know the names of the drivers - not only the five Brazilian drivers in the (IZOD IndyCar Series) - but all of them, the cars they drive and even the owners of the teams. This is really exciting for the people of São Paulo; they're waiting for the race and very proud to host the opening of the 2010 season.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: