Sebastien Bourdais confirmed with Toro Rosso for 2009

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Sebastien Bourdais confirmed with Toro Rosso for 2009

Post by Ed » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:59 pm

Following months of uncertainty, Sebastien Bourdais is staying in Formula 1 and will race in 2009 with the Toro Rosso team alongside Sebastien Buemi.
Recently Bourdais and Sato tested for the Toro Rosso team in what was seen as a shootout between the two.

Team Principal Franz Tost said:
We are pleased that Sebastien will be with us again for another season. After one year with Toro Rosso, we expect him to profit from the experience he gained last season. He now knows the F1 environment, the race tracks and the team. In addition, the slick tyres, which make a comeback this year, should suit his driving style very well. Therefore he will tackle the coming season with much more experience under his belt. This will be especially valuable given that our other driver, Sebastien Buemi, is an F1 rookie, who has come up through the ranks of the Red Bull Junior Driver programme.
Sebastien Bourdais said:
It has been a very long and difficult winter, but now the waiting is finally over and I am really excited about tackling my second season with Scuderia Toro Rosso. I would like to thank Red Bull and Dietrich Mateschitz for this opportunity to continue with a team that made so much progress last year. Now, I can focus on preparing for the coming season. It promises to be a very interesting one, thanks to all the rule changes and I'm also looking forward to establishing a good relationship with my new team-mate, Sebastien Buemi, to ensure both of us do the best
possible job for the team and for Red Bull.
Related: Toro Rosso confirms Bourdais, not Sato

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:54 am

Money talks.......... 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:33 am

Go get 'em, SeaBass! :up: :box1: :knight: :drive: :drive:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 am

In my very humble opinion he and PK would be a lot happier in sports cars. 8)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:15 pm

I really thought Bourdais will do wonders in the Toro Rosso. It turned out that his team-mates did that! Maybe his magic stuck to his team-mates

Seriously, I think he is quickly becoming another driver that couldn't repeat his success when crossing from North America
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 pm

JayVee wrote:I really thought Bourdais will do wonders in the Toro Rosso. It turned out that his team-mates did that! Maybe his magic stuck to his team-mates

Seriously, I think he is quickly becoming another driver that couldn't repeat his success when crossing from North America

Sadly it would seem so. He did not want the race to start, when they were behind the safety car, but glasses under a visor in those conditions would not be pretty :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:49 pm

JayVee wrote:I really thought Bourdais will do wonders in the Toro Rosso. It turned out that his team-mates did that! Maybe his magic stuck to his team-mates

Yes there are not many that make the transition. It seems to work better the other way round. At least there should be no rain for SeaBass in Bahrain.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:19 pm

jacfan wrote:

Yes there are not many that make the transition. It seems to work better the other way round. At least there should be no rain for SeaBass in Bahrain.
Just the odd sandstorm.................... 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:

Possibly (slightly) better than watching rain. :roll:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote: Yes there are not many that make the transition. It seems to work better the other way round. At least there should be no rain for SeaBass in Bahrain.
Possibly (slightly) better than watching rain. :roll:
Nah, the sand gets into everything, most cars will dnf...imagine the g-forces the drivers endure while sitting on highly abrasive sandpaper for 2 hours.
:!: Webbo has a heap of scar tissue on his a#%& from the time the water pipe let go in the cockpit of the car.........BACK HIM IN FOR THE WIN :P

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 am

Just to bring the thread back on topic, Sebastian had best take note, if his crew are heard practicing their Italian..............while making a new seat for his Torro Rosso 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 am

Hhhmmmm.......seems it was spanish.
And full of youthful, very youthful, slang 8)