No votes
Giancarlo Fisichella
5%

Total votes: 20

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 am

Congrats to Kimi and Fernando for getting the better of their hotshoe teammates. :o

Congrats to Felipe and Lewis for being the real deal. :D

Congrats to BMW Sauber for clearly being the third best team in Formula 1 with at least the third best driver line up in Heidfeld and Kubica. :clap:

My driver of the day goes to Giancarlo Fisichella who has scored points in every race except for Indy when he was taken out by Ralf (a la Imola years back when they were Jordan teammates). I don't know why so many of you are Fisico haters. Many of you have predicted he will be replaced at the end of the year. If either driver gets replaced, it will be the more inconsistent Kovalainnen. :x

I missed watching this race because I was sitting on an airplane that didn't work! :evil:
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
GhoGho wrote:Seems like both Kimi and Sweet FA have finally figured out the Bridgstones...
Welcome back to both of them
Yup, a good wake up call for Massa n Hambone, lets see what happens from here.
Let the Racers race. :D
Yeah, the season's getting exciting, competition becoming hot!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:58 am

Snowy wrote:The McLaren isn't particularly quick without the Ferrari parts on it :twisted:
You cynical bunny you....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do like Ferrari's non-spinning spinners though, more space for advertising! 8)
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:37 pm

RE30B#16 wrote:Congrats to Kimi and Fernando for getting the better of their hotshoe teammates. :o

Congrats to BMW Sauber for clearly being the third best team in Formula 1 with at least the third best driver line up in Heidfeld and Kubica. :clap:

My driver of the day goes to Giancarlo Fisichella who has scored points in every race except for Indy when he was taken out by Ralf (a la Imola years back when they were Jordan teammates). I don't know why so many of you are Fisico haters. Many of you have predicted he will be replaced at the end of the year. If either driver gets replaced, it will be the more inconsistent Kovalainnen. :x

I missed watching this race because I was sitting on an airplane that didn't work! :evil:
I don't believe that anyone actually hates Fisi. He hasn't exactly taken the world by storm though has he???
Sorry you missed the race. As for the airplane that didn't work.... I just hope it wasn't in the air when it decided not to work. Yikes!!!!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:50 pm

jacfan wrote:
RE30B#16 wrote:Congrats to Kimi and Fernando for getting the better of their hotshoe teammates. :o

I don't believe that anyone actually hates Fisi. He hasn't exactly taken the world by storm though has he???
Sorry you missed the race. As for the airplane that didn't work.... I just hope it wasn't in the air when it decided not to work. Yikes!!!!!!
Thankfully, it wasn't!! :fly2:
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:54 pm

Could have been an interesting ride, tho. 8) Might have arrived at the scene of an accident at the same time as the accident was happening :lol:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Could have been an interesting ride, tho. 8) Might have arrived at the scene of an accident at the same time as the accident was happening :lol:
With all those storms you have had experience first hand :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Kimi gets my driver of the day just ahead of Massa. I only got to watch parts of the replay of the race. :(

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:46 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Could have been an interesting ride, tho. 8) Might have arrived at the scene of an accident at the same time as the accident was happening :lol:
I didn't have to travel :cry:
New roof looks good on the neighbours house :D
We used his to replace my patio roof, when we got it down from my roof :lol:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:17 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
I didn't have to travel :cry:
New roof looks good on the neighbours house :D
We used his to replace my patio roof, when we got it down from my roof :lol:
Mix-n-match kinda deal eh? :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:19 pm

Nah, laziness :D

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:20 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Nah, laziness :D
:rolling:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:37 am

:juggle: Well, Mates, the British G.P. was what they call an "interesting" contest.

For some reason (and none of your guesses seemed convincing to me) Ron Dennis's boys couldn't find enough speed OR strategy to put enough space between them and the red ones to nail the season shut.

I can guarantee you that if the situation had been reversed and Ross Braun were still running things, not even two time WDC Fernando Alonso would have found his way to the podium, let alone the soon to be youngest WDC in history! It would have been blood red with bottom step taken by one of the BMW lads, probably Nick. Result 18 points to Ferarri and, maybe 6 for McLaren.

But, alas, Ross (the most feared man in Maranello since Mr. F. himself) is on vac. Result: one of the most beautiful and most expensive pieces of machinery in the world embarrassed itself on the starting grid and had to be launched, humiliatingly, from the back markers like an errant Spyker.

True, little Massa tore up the track, but hey; he's only driving a car that is three or four times better than everything on the grid save the McLarens! If he HADN'T made it to fifth, and I were managing the scuderia, he'd have been FIRED. Heikki could have made it to fifth in that car! Hell, even Ralphie could have!!

On that subject, I have to say, had Michael (or Lewis Hamilton) been in Felipe's car, he'd have been on the podium.

I was certainly gratified in that I picked Lewis to get the pole and Kimi to get the win :lucky: Of course, I expected Lewis to be slightly FASTER than Kimi in quals (as you know if you watched, had Kimi not overdriven the last corner, HE'D have taken the pole by a couple of tenths if not more!) and I thought Kimi would get Lewis on the first lap. As it was, Kimi had to do a Michael to get out front.

I haven't got my points back from pole n 8 yet, but I think I'll do O.K. I know I had Nick and Kubica in the top six or seven

Fernando drove a fine race. But I rather think the situation calls for more than that. Ah well, though, two time, back to back WDC both years beating Michael Schumacher. None of his mates will ever be able to make THAT boast! :drink:

So. Drive of the Day. Kimi, natch. He won, by the by.

So now we can see how goofy the so-called point system is: Kimi and Felipe each have five podiums; Fernando has six podiums and Lewis has 8. But each driver (except Kimi) has two wins. And Kimi has three. Cut to the WDC points chase.

Is there something goofy here?

Cheers and on to Germany.

Jim Watt

:updown:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Good report Jim,

I was thinking about giving driver of the day to FELIPE but decided he should have actually passed ROBERT so I gave it for the first time to ROBERT - for beating FELIPE and NICK!

KIMI was smooth as silk again and maybe the Championships are far from decided....

Either of the FERRARI drivers can still become WDC, especially since you can also expect LEWIS to find some bad luck in one or the other race and lose 8 or 10 points advantage...not that I wish him bad, he is the greatest rookie - maybe ever, but also the first in a long time in an exceptional car.

Before the season started I expected FELIPE to win at least 7 GP and the Championship and that looks difficult now but who knows? In the dry he is a sure winner at the Ring.

NICK could destroy the field at the Nurburgring if it rains...

All the best and looking forward to an exciting GP :shock:
YOURS IN SPORT

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:33 am

F1greyhound wrote: KIMI was smooth as silk again and maybe the Championships are far from decided....
True. Especially with Ferrari vs McLaren deal still at hand...