Mclaren iz out of date

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:51 pm

Bundy, that's a fair comment Some people seem to think he has been aruond the sharp end of things for years! His mistakes per Km are way down on a lot of people, like, ahem, Kimi, or The great schumaker. :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:04 pm

nick out qualified him (by the narrowest of margins) but once again was shown to be a far inferior driver to MW.

should be a few humdinger races coming up should the ferrari's start to challenge. Renault/McLaren/Toyota/Williams/Ferrari all pushing for wins would make for a great year (NOT A GOODYEAR...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:41 pm

isn't that a fact. I would love to see a three way battle on the last lap, regardless of car or driver :lol:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:02 pm

i would love to see a race like they have in motogp. with constant lead changes & 2 - 4 blokes challenging for the lead going into the last corner.

i would also like to get rid of pitstops. no pitstops unless you puncture a tyre or need to replace a nose cone etc.

JUST LET THE DRIVERS RACE!!

but i doubt that will get much support
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:16 pm

I agree with you. I have never liked the artificiality of pit stops. Annoyed the hell out of me when V8 supercars copied them :twisted:

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:31 pm

bundy wrote:graham, i would agree with your evaluation of MW however, suggesting that malaysia was a webber mistake is a bit rich, especially when fisichella was warned over the incident.
bundy, at the time I said that Fisichella was at fault but Webber still made a mistake of not avoiding him. I never said the accident was Webber's fault.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm

Imagine a car with fuel for the whole race on Bridgestones :shock: :shock: :D 8)

They'll not only melt, they'll evaporate :smokin:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:38 pm

thats why it'll never happen...ferrari like to oppose anything that disadvantages them and makes for good close racing

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:47 pm

And they thought a tyre that lasts a whole race will advantage them

best brains, yeah right :rolling:

is it hot out there bundy ?

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:58 pm

they had obviously assumed that with all the extra testing they do compared to everyone else that bridgestone would be able to get it right.

i don't doubt however that with 3 weeks testing up their sleeve the ferrari/bridgestone combo will be a lot stronger. its only a matter of time.

30 degrees with a nice sea breeze blowing....i hope winter bypasses us this year!!! :up:

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:07 pm

bundy wrote:i don't doubt however that with 3 weeks testing up their sleeve the ferrari/bridgestone combo will be a lot stronger. its only a matter of time.
I think at least you'll continue to amuse yourself 8) :D
bundy wrote:30 degrees with a nice sea breeze blowing
it was 28 degrees out east today :smokin:
bundy wrote:....i hope winter bypasses us this year!!! :up:
that means it will be HOT down there :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Responding to Friendly Greetings

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:37 am

My thanks to SGD for his advice on my starting a thread or threads; I see the wisdom of that now. I think I was just trolling along and found what appeared to be some more substantial chatter, and so dipped in there.

As to Ferrari, I understand the irritation at the Todt Brawn Schumacher axis and the cool arrogance just begging to be smacked. But my love of the red cars is longer lived and more emotional than that; for me the great year (my senior year in highschool; I was 18) was 1958 when Mike Hawthorne battled for Enzo Ferrari against Stirling Moss (who drove a Vanwall!) and managed to earn the driver's championship with a single win to Stirling's four! In fact, Hawthorne carried Ferrari to the number 2 spot in the Constructors Championship that year [the first ever]; they lost to Vanwall, showing that those points, at least, were more fairly distributed.

And I remained a Ferrari fan during the long sojurn in the wilderness from '64 to '74. This doesn't mean that I don't love Frank Williams (though he almost always drives me crazy with his treatment of his drivers), or that I don't have a soft spot for McLaren --but mostly this is yearning for the good old days of the McLaren/Hondas. I am afraid the Mercs are just not up to it. I mean what can I say when I see Kimi struggling with his last year's mate who is driving under Cosworth power!

So also, while I'm handing out thank you's; here's one to Julian Mayo, whose many posts are fun (are you retired, Julian!? I barely have time these days to get my pole 'n 8's together in time!) No I have no relatives in NZ that I know of. Oh and I'm sure you asked me a real trick question when you asked about Courage and Rindt. Of course, everyone knows that Rindt was a [posthumous] world champ in a Lotus sometime in the late 60's I think. And I DO remember a Piers Courage ... so I know he's an F1 driver, but after that my mind is blank: I'm pretty sure he didn't drive for Ferrari; was he Rindt's team-mate? Anyway, I know a trick question when I see it, so I guess I'm supposed to say Courage, but I haven't a clue why?

Finally, as to the mysterious "Ax" on the bottom of my posting: it was something left over from a previous post I was using as a way to get into the discussion; not knowing that I could just announce myself and wait for responses.

So. On to San Marino and, I expect, more long faces at Ferrari. I just hope JPM is back in the cockpit.

Jim Watt

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:21 am

No Jim, I'm not retired, just tired.I have 2 very small companies and work very odd hours at times,which enables me to spend a lot of time annoying the hell out of serious posters on the forum. Life is too short to be too serious :lol: I also have 2 kids in primary school and the teenage bush princess who must be obeyed at all times :cry: so I need to be around before and after school
The Rindt, Courage thing was simply a device to quickly determine your depth of knowledge about F1, so I would know whether I could safely wind you up, or bow, fawn and scrape to your superior Knowledge,..sigh it looks like its the latter :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:55 pm

julian mayo wrote:just tired
Tired of what, having two very small companies, a princess and a mod'd VS, you should have it made :shock: :D
julian mayo wrote:Life is too short to be too serious :lol:
Absolutely
julian mayo wrote: I also have 2 kids in primary school
Must be enjoying the school holidays then :shock: :crush:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:03 pm

day I, aaarrrgggghhhh> thank you for your touching concern :twisted:
Be careful, I'm on the lookout, your irony would fit in well around here :ROTFLMAO: