Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:51 pm

Where is Graham, seriously is he still with us :?:

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:37 am

Yes Yes I'm still here

These are hard times. Nothing real, just speculations

Looks like Schumacher is really worried :shock: (I mean Schuey Snr of course)

How couldn't he be when Montoya is in a Mac :bouncec:

That other Schumacher, well if he reckons Williams aren't professional (he only bagged Williams and not BMW), wonder what on earth is he doing in a Toyota that seems to be going backwards :furious:
Oh perhaps he is hoping for BMW to supply engines to Toyota :rolling:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:31 am

One can't take what Ralf says seriously. Just have a good laugh!
Same applies to Jarno (always blames the car), Michael (always plays games), Rubens (says what Michael likes to hear :lol: ), Kimi (gets mixed up translating from Finnish), Juan (tries to sound modest), Fisichella (thinks he can win in Melbourne :roll:), Button (better check with Williams before I say this), Webber (like julian thinks he'll win this year), Villeneuve (joined Sauber cause they respect him) and DC (what is his target this year ?)

Have I left out anyone ?
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:50 am

Sato, ex- kamikaze pilot. :rolling:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:27 pm

Rubinho is worried that Ferrari would struggle in Oz,Webber's saying time is running out for Williams to get ready for Melbourne and that they'll not win the 1st race,Ron Dennis want to re-introduce the humour in his team a day after he revealed that he didnt want to sign MS :wink: Button is ready to come out of his Boy band image,Fisi is confident of his win in Australia :blah: :blah: and lots more....Isnt all this story floating making interesting news to discuss instead of fighting between us...

I guess most of the ppl around the world wants the number 1's to go down,they want to see a new champion everytime.But wouldnt it be an act of fluke if the champion is changed every season??Champions are meant to be on top for a long time before they are overthroned by another champion.
Unlike the Australian Cricket team or Roger Federer or Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods , Michael Schumacher is one of the most hated champion.
I cant figure out why?
Only because he has a team that supports him throughout as everyone says with"Team Orders"?Didnt DC move over for Mika Hakkinen,werent team orders used to make him the champion in 1998.Well i guess Mika & Mclaren can get away with this cos they dont drive the RED car!!!

Or incident with Damon Hill or JV makes Schumi a bad champion??Please let me know of one driver (exclude Jordan,Manardi drivers)who in his driving career has not put another driver out of the race ,either to win a race or championship or to help his teammate win the championship(DC at Spa with MS)

Or cos his teammate is not allowed to race against him?Everyone must agree,Irvine or Rubens are not as consistent performers as Michael.Ferrari or any other team doesnt pump in so much money to see their drivers take off each other and damage the cars.(Remember Ralf-Montoya crashing.Were they appreciated or they looked stupid?)When Senna -Prost were teammate ,the annual budget of the top team was not more than 25million$ (which got sponsored easily)and which nowdays is earned by any top 10 drivers(with personal endorsement). Isnt motorsport a form of business??

:blah:
Ferrari are struggling this year and looks like Mclaren would take the constructors(provided Fire & Ice dont collide)and Renault would lose speed on long runs,but i hope Schumi takes the drivers title again though at this moment look a bit tight.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:27 pm

Kapel,

Don't know if Michael is one of the most hated champions. I am sure he sells more merchandise than any other driver. That would make him one of the most loved won't it ?

I'll admit I don't like Schumacher and yes mainly because of those reasons you mentioned. Why because:

Team Orders at Ferrari are unlike any other. Michael gets priority in everything from testing to the spare car to when Rubens should yield.
To mention the McLaren "Team Order" in Melbourne (which I didn't like either) you should also mention Spa 99 when Coulthard finished in front of Hakkinen yet it was Hakkinen fighting with Irvine for the championship. In that same year Ferrari told Salo to move over for Irvine. You cannot compare any team with Ferrari on this matter.

All drivers make mistakes, that we all agree on. When one driver puts another driver out of contention not once, not twice but three times, come'on. In soccer you get a red card and you're out.
DC at Spa with MS, obviously you are siding with Michael's theory. To me it was bad luck, DC slowed at the wrong time unintentionally.
Last year Montoya ran into MS in the tunnel at Monaco ? Wasn't that Michael at fault ?

I absolutely agree that Irvine and Barrichello are not as consistent but why is the question ? When one is considered inferior it is rare that they succeed. When Ferrari gives all the attention to Michael's garage what do you expect from the other garage ?
Michael has the final say on who drives alongside him and that is why we haven't seen Montoya, Kimi, Villeneuve, Fisichella, etc .... drive for Ferrari

Formula 1 is a business but also a passion and that is why I admire Ron Dennis for having Kimi and Juan Pablo as teammates. Two proven winners in the same team. Something it seems Ferrari will never do but who cares, I don't think they'll be grabbing much attention this year
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:51 pm

Jack Brabham, Alan Jones,Graham Hill, Alain Prost(1st year), and all the years of brave young men in ridiculously flimsy contractions i.e. lotus, who won the title against all the odds of surviving a race in those machines, much less the wheel banging, get a ride over the top, into monaco harbour, full on racing they gave us. And, um just a thought about about why ppl feel the way they feel about Schumaker. Once is an accident. twice is a coincidence, three times,"dirty ,arrogant,unfair,arrogant unsafe,arrogant,scheming,arrogant, rude,arrogant, as described by,motoring Journalists, team mates, spectatators, fellow competitors(GMT), and me pretty well somes up Michaels on track performances,don't you think

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:04 am

People do like to see change but Michael will go down on his own will when he decides to retire and not by any other driver.

Also people don't like Michael because of his perceived arrogance which I totally disagree with. I've read so many articles about him that explain him better than what is made of him when he's on TV. Add to that the unfortunate few incidents he got involved in (a very long time ago may I remind you) and you get this anti Schumacher feeling.

Anyway :welcome: Kapel. We need some Ferrari suppoters here :wink:
Ferrari - 6 World Championships in a row
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:43 am

Guys, people don't like Ferrari and Michael because they play above the rules.

A team has two drivers and they should be treated equally and compete against each other. I'd prefer having team-mates crashing into each other than a team with a driver and a helper :roll:

Yes Formula 1 is a business but like any business there are rules. Ferrari and Michael exploit those rules to no end.

Did you ask yourselves why does the FIA try to strictly enforce the ban on team orders ?
Purely because of Ferrari. Just remember the farce they made at Austria and the US a few years ago.

350Z
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by 350Z » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:42 pm

Kapel wrote:....Isnt all this story floating making interesting news to discuss instead of fighting between us...
Hello Champ :wink:

I haven't noticed anyone fighting. Just a bunch of people passionate about their sport. Besides do you expect us to beleive the :bs: from the teams and the drivers ? They have their own agenda.

I'd like to speculate on my own and discuss/argue with others why my speculation is right!

Which reminds me, I need to think of picks for Melbourne. Sooo hard :shock:

Any tips Champ ?
The Montoya/Raikkonen battle is on!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:25 pm

Hey 350Z, I didnt mean anyone is fighting in literal terms,just that it was getting a bit messier.I completely agree ppl being passionate abt this sport,everyone who follows this should be :D ,its a great sport!!! Lets enjoy rather accusing each others fan.I mean , i'm a die-hard fan of MS,love the way Ferrari has come on top over the years.I know Mclaren are their traditional rivals,but if Ferrari has to be beaten i would want Mclaren to beat not some BAR,who by the way i think came 2nd last year only cos Mclaren and Williams tried to do something drastic.I'm here for the Joy & passion of the sport.
And Yeah i need to pick my choices too...1st race is always difficult,but come what may MS will be on my list 8)

Dear Graham Ross,lets not talk about exploiting rules.Every team in the sport would exploit it to their advantage,remember Michelin tyre treads in 2003??if Ferrari would have done tht you'll would hanged them to death!!!Well Ross, we both can come out with all the allegations in the world,You against Ms & Ferrari and me against for any other team or the team you support.

Dear Julian Mayo,

Dirty: DC at Spa with MS
Unfair:Montoya with MS at Monaco(not saying it was Montoya's mistake)
Unsafe:Sato with Rubinho
Scheming:Ron Dennis ,Frnak Williams
Rude:Arton Senna with Johny Herbert before his Imola GP
Arrogant: Yes,but so is Kimi,Button,Alonso,JV.....

If you want i can give you a complete data of Jack Brabham, Alan Jones,Graham Hill, Alain Prost wheel banging,not once,not twice much more...On cos Schumi has done it in the last race of the season u want to nail him down.N dude it was a long time ago ..Bro start living in future and not past....Lets discuss and argue of recent races...
An F1 Idiot!!!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:28 pm

Kapel, so you support the idea of a team with a driver and a helper do you ? I don't think that is called racing!

As for Michelin, their tyres were declared legit after every event so what are you talking about. When Ferrari and Bridgestone figured out the genious thinking of Michelin, they went to the FIA asking for clarification (read telling them the rules must be clarified the way we understood them). What sore losers they are.
Even then Michelin produced tyres that complied with the newly rewriten Ferrari influenced tyre rule.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:36 pm

Montoya and Schoe in the tunnel, but it wasn't Montoya's fault u said.!! Well there were only 2 drivers in the incident :alright:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:38 pm

I think that michelin were completely within the rules,and passed every test post race! So Ferrari had the rules changed,sigh, yet again :roll:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Kapel, wouldn't be great to see just how good Barichello is, if he was allowed to race his ferrari? :up: