8 'n' Pole

After some help or advice on a Formula 1 related topic ? Ask here!

Moderator: Ed

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

8 'n' Pole

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 am

How long has the 8 'n' Pole competition been going? I thought I had been tipping on this site for quite a few years, but I can only find posts going back to 2005. I am now totally confused :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Formula1.com used to have one too and I joined both at about the same time.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: 8 'n' Pole

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:26 pm

jacfan wrote:How long has the 8 'n' Pole competition been going? I thought I had been tipping on this site for quite a few years, but I can only find posts going back to 2005. I am now totally confused :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Formula1.com used to have one too and I joined both at about the same time.
http://www.newsonf1.com/2001/6npole/results.htm

If there is anything before that I dunno :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:27 pm

Of course it was 6 n pole at the time :wink:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Jacfan,

The NewsOnF1 Forums started in January 2005. The 8 'n' Pole Competition was announced publicly at the start of the 2001 season. (Impressive gkaytaz given that you only joined the competition recently :wink: )

8 'n' Pole or 6 'n' Pole as it used to be called actually started as the Pick 3+ competition. It was a personal competition were staff and friends at a certain company participated. At that time only the top 3 finishers where picked plus the pole.
Pick 3+ started in 1997 and in 2001 it was made public and was incorporated into the NewsOnF1.com site. It was called 6 'n' Pole allowing players to pick the top 6 finishers plus Pole. (The top 6 being the point scorers).
When the top 8 finishers scored points, the competition was changed to 8 'n' Pole to reflect that.

On the right hand side of any 8 'n' Pole page you'll see links to the results from all the past seasons.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:59 pm

8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:(Impressive gkaytaz given that you only joined the competition recently :wink: )
Thanks. I like your site quite a bit. Funny but I have been following newsonf1 for quite some time but only decided to join the forum last month :)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:Jacfan,

The NewsOnF1 Forums started in January 2005. The 8 'n' Pole Competition was announced publicly at the start of the 2001 season. (Impressive gkaytaz given that you only joined the competition recently :wink: )

8 'n' Pole or 6 'n' Pole as it used to be called actually started as the Pick 3+ competition. It was a personal competition were staff and friends at a certain company participated. At that time only the top 3 finishers where picked plus the pole.
Pick 3+ started in 1997 and in 2001 it was made public and was incorporated into the NewsOnF1.com site. It was called 6 'n' Pole allowing players to pick the top 6 finishers plus Pole. (The top 6 being the point scorers).
When the top 8 finishers scored points, the competition was changed to 8 'n' Pole to reflect that.

On the right hand side of any 8 'n' Pole page you'll see links to the results from all the past seasons.
I believe I joined in the first year. You are right it was 6 'n' pole... shows how quickly we get used to something. :D :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!