races pages

Any suggestions you may have on these Forums (including new categories) or on the main NewsOnF1 site

Moderator: Ed

sgd
Racer
Racer

races pages

Post by sgd » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:39 am

first just a comment on the races' pages (e.g. http://www.newsonf1.com/2005/races/australia/main.htm) I want to say that it's just GREAT!! all the statistics there, past years' results, great! it's qute complete! :) don't change it please!! (I've been disappointed by other sites getting worse).
and the suggestion is to make it's link more visible in http://www.newsonf1.com/ so even knowing about it's existence it took some time to find it again...(I was expecting it to be 'bigger')

more suggestions comming... ;)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:03 am

Thanks sgd for the compliment and the suggestions.

We'll look into making the main grand prix page more visible from the main page as well as other pages as well.

Woogle
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Woogle » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:46 am

As a newbie here...nice place, like the look & feel. But hey you'all should consider 'speeding up the house' after all it is a racing forum.

When posting to a topic/thread immediately take the poster back to the topic/thread right after pressing the submit button. You already have a 'Preview button' so don't ask us to view our post (did you mean - return to the topic?)

Lets not waste time here-it could be a race weekend in the middle of qualy or the race. Just like the race-time & money cost (bandwidth)
Minardi Rules!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:52 am

Thanks Woogle for the suggestion. We'll check and see if that can be done.

Note that the page automatically takes you back to the topic/thread after a few seconds. Maybe we can shorten that (if it is easier to implement :wink: )

Welcome to the forums

Woogle
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Woogle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:20 am

Ed wrote:Thanks Woogle for the suggestion. We'll check and see if that can be done.

Note that the page automatically takes you back to the topic/thread after a few seconds. Maybe we can shorten that (if it is easier to implement :wink: )

Welcome to the forums
Thanks! :D

But tt appears that your 'sister forum' is a tad bit upset about their departure ...judging by their Senior Admin's comments to me in a private PM after I registered here :roll:
Minardi Rules!

Woogle
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Please Clean Up The 'Date Bugs'! Please!!

Post by Woogle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:14 am

Woogle

Getting Started

Posted: Mar Fri , 2005 3:20 am

Friday What???? 4th, 11th or 18th?? Mmm.. :(
Minardi Rules!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Re: Please Clean Up The 'Date Bugs'! Please!!

Post by Ed » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:32 am

Woogle wrote:Woogle

Getting Started

Posted: Mar Fri , 2005 3:20 am

Friday What???? 4th, 11th or 18th?? Mmm.. :(
Hi Woogle,

I see a date when I view my posts. Did you customise your date format in your profile ?

On my profile it is D M d, Y g:i a

Let us know and if that isn't the problem, I'll get someone more technical to have a look at it.

Mark
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:20 pm

Woogle wrote:But tt appears that your 'sister forum' is a tad bit upset about their departure ...judging by their Senior Admin's comments to me in a private PM after I registered here :roll:
On the contrary, we didn't even know until you were kind enough to point it out, :) , but good luck to them I say. :D