General Chat Forum?

Any suggestions you may have on these Forums (including new categories) or on the main NewsOnF1 site

Moderator: Ed

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

General Chat Forum?

Post by lemon_martini2 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:17 am

We've got the racing forums up...it'd be nice to have a place where folks can chat about any non-racing topics rather than have it cluttering up the F1 threads.
Other sites have worked this very well,going on to have as time progresses separate areas for discussing politics, sport, cars, computers, etc.etc.
But for now it would nice to have a general chat area which would have the benefit of being able to keep the racing forum (relatively) confined to things on four wheels going brrm brrm.
I will quite happily volunteer if they need someone to keep an eye on the new place to make sure it runs smoothly :D
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:35 am

Hi lemon_martini2,

Thanks for your offer (you already contribute with your Trivia!) and we will consider it following the San Marino race however we don't intend on ever having politics or religion discussed over here.

I agree though that some of the threads are starting to have many off topic posts so a general discussion forum may be needed. For the time being however there is the Completely Irrelevant Random Thoughts thread :wink:

Thanks again

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Post by lemon_martini2 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:37 pm

We also need a nice Lounge thread with comfortable chairs,a plasma TV,snooker table,computers and drinks cabinet for the Mods after a hard day's work :lol:
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:28 pm

We'll consider!

In the meantime, perhaps we can get K-D to draw up something resembling the Lounge thread :wink:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:36 pm

I too think there should be a General Chat forum. Too much cricket and golf over at the F1 forum!

I am happy to help too (sounds like a nice lounge) but not during school holidays!!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:17 am

lemon_martini2 wrote:We also need a nice Lounge thread with comfortable chairs,a plasma TV,snooker table,computers and drinks cabinet for the Mods after a hard day's work :lol:
And some bunks,DON'T DRINK N DRIVE :beer:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.