Canadian GP Info & Experience

Been to a Formula 1 event ? Share with us your experience. Want to go and after some advice ? Just ask

Moderators: Ed, Tickets & Tours

mrmojo
Getting Started
Getting Started

Canadian GP Info & Experience

Post by mrmojo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Last year I booked into the Canadian GP very late, two weeks before the race. Had a good time sat in Grandstand 12 at the first turn. I stayed downtown on the corner of Sherbrooke and Peel. Great location for activities.

This year I am planning my trip now. I was looking for others who have attended the Canadian GP and knowledge of the activities and seat locations. I was wondering if the hairpin is a better place to sit than turn one?
Also are there websites or forums for the Canadian GP. They had a lot of shows, activities all over Montreal, I just stayed in the immediate area.
Another question is GP tours worth it? Can anyone get into the parties or must you go through GP tours.

I thank you all in advance for your help.

The few the proud US F1 fan.

Tickets & Tours

Post by Tickets & Tours » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:25 pm

Hi mrmojo,

Seat location is really down to each individual's preference. Some like to be on the main straight where they can see all the activities in the pits and on the grid as well as the start and the end while others like to be at a corner/turn where they can see the different driving styles and possibly some overtaking.

The hairpin at Montreal is pretty unique and it is worth trying stand 15 as you get the view of the cars coming straight towards you. If you are into photography it is great for front shots but if you want to capture the glowing brake discs then stand 21 would be ideal

A TV screen is also important although most of the tracks now offer plenty of those.

Concerning activities, Tourism Montreal and Bonjour Quebec offer a wealth of information on the activities happening around that time.

There are many F1 parties but are generally by invitation. They are usually sponsor functions.

Can't really comment on GP Tours as I haven't tried them.

Hope this helps
NewsOnF1 Travel

jjs
Getting Started
Getting Started

Canadian Grand Prix

Post by jjs » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:11 am

Any advice for downtown hotels? All of the hotels I have called are either full or asking over 500/night. How about info on staying just outside of Montreal?
thanks for the help,
Jim