Round of Italy (jack1983 extends the lead!)

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:06 pm

cmlean wrote:I'm glad that JayVee knows something about 20 quid (pounds,dollars) 'cause I don't have a clue what is going on.
Some time ago someone posted a bet of 20 pounds, he lost, Kapel n I thought it was U, I must admit I thought it a bit strange that it was in pounds. No doubt the indominatable JV wi ll smack both Kappy n me up the side of the head with the fact. :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:07 pm

KAPPY, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT...AGAIN 8)

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:24 pm

At least I understand the 20 quid thing now.

Back to the strand. I was impressed with the speed of the Williams in the last test. It did sway my decision away from RBR & Toyota.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:26 pm

cmlean wrote:At least I understand the 20 quid thing now.

Back to the strand. I was impressed with the speed of the Williams in the last test. It did sway my decision away from RBR & Toyota.

Yes, and they, and Michelin, are confident the tyre problem has been rectified.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:37 pm

Has there been any "official" word yet from Williams or Michelin or is it still just speculation? I did hear/read that MW complained about bodywork rubbing but have heard no more since.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:03 pm

cmlean wrote:Has there been any "official" word yet from Williams or Michelin or is it still just speculation? I did hear/read that MW complained about bodywork rubbing but have heard no more since.
I have only heard a "neither confirm nor deny" that it was the curbing causing body flex onto the trye, not the curbing damaging the tyre :?

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:38 am

julian mayo wrote:
cmlean wrote:I'm glad that JayVee knows something about 20 quid (pounds,dollars) 'cause I don't have a clue what is going on.
Some time ago someone posted a bet of 20 pounds, he lost, Kapel n I thought it was U, I must admit I thought it a bit strange that it was in pounds. No doubt the indominatable JV wi ll smack both Kappy n me up the side of the head with the fact. :cry:
As cmlean is from oz, it would be pretty weird to bett in pounds. You guys hitting the iced tea too hard.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:05 am

rah wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
As cmlean is from oz, it would be pretty weird to bett in pounds. You guys hitting the iced tea too hard.

Hmmm? Who has been on the iced tea? if you look at my post, about 6 above yours I think you might find that has been mentioned.
Now just because you are locked in mortal combat with JV, don't come storming in here trying to upset people 8)

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:43 am

No it was all you fault! you guys just don't listen or read or......... ohhhh, thats right JayVee, not everyone else. Nice calm breaths, thats it. Time to call the doctor again to renew the prescription. Must also let him know I am typing to myself.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:49 pm

I just like Schui in Italy. If Ferrari is going to do something, this is the place. The car still isn't fast enough to beat Kimi, JPM and the Renaults though.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 pm

cmlean wrote:Has there been any "official" word yet from Williams or Michelin or is it still just speculation? I did hear/read that MW complained about bodywork rubbing but have heard no more since.
The "official" word from Williams is
The team has concluded its enquiry into the tyre incidents in Turkey, determining as far as possible that a set of conditions spanning mechanical set-up, bodywork configuration and tyre deflections caused the problems experienced at the last race. Although the car specification in this area had raced without incident in previous Grands Prix, a number of precautionary changes have been made to the car and engineers are confident the team will not experience a repeat of the problems.
Sam Michael (Technical Director - Williams) also said:
To address the tyre incidents that we experienced in Istanbul, we have worked through all the possible variables, such as pressure and camber, with Michelin. In the Williams R&D labs at Grove we also performed some loaded tyre tests to check what type of deflections the tyres would have seen during the lap. Finally, at the test in Monza last week, we went through various trims of the bodywork to ensure that there is no possibility for the tyre to touch anything on the car. We also worked through cooling levels, brake set-ups and tyre evaluations to select the optimum configuration for the FW27 in preparation for the race.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:59 pm

Thanks Ed

Hopefully this will not happen again and we may see the Williams continue to improve. Coming out of the Parabolica would induce similar continuous loads to Turkey.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm

cmlean wrote:I just like Schui in Italy. If Ferrari is going to do something, this is the place. The car still isn't fast enough to beat Kimi, JPM and the Renaults though.
Nor, I think, the tyres to beat michelin. That' s why I favour Mark to beat Schuey home.
With a fresh engine he may also beat all but 2 or 3 home. 8)

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:48 pm

These are the most boring pics I have done. But after the hit I took last race, I need a few points.

Winner: Fernando Alonso
Second: Kimi Raikkonen
Third: Juan Pablo Montoya
Fourth: Giancarlo Fisichella
Fifth: Mark Webber
Sixth: Jenson Button
Seventh: Nick Heidfeld
Eighth: Michael Schumacher
Pole: Giancarlo Fisichella

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:15 pm

rah wrote:These are the most boring pics I have done. But after the hit I took last race, I need a few points.

Winner: Fernando Alonso
Second: Kimi Raikkonen
Third: Juan Pablo Montoya
Fourth: Giancarlo Fisichella
Fifth: Mark Webber
Sixth: Jenson Button
Seventh: Nick Heidfeld
Eighth: Michael Schumacher
Pole: Giancarlo Fisichella
The Mclarens were faster in testing here than the Renaults, I thought.
Iam gambling, and I mean gambling on the motor racing gods being kind to us, and Alonso having a dnf, to keep the ch'ship alive