The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 pm

JayVee wrote:
The Qualiflyer wrote:I do believe the day of the red car is about to dawn, but I think that the Finn still has (just) enough to hold off the charge for another race or 2 -

KR (and Pole)
MS
RB
the rest!
Qualiflyer, with all due respect, Michael wasn't even catching Button to even worry the McLarens or the Renaults

They lucked out in Canada, what makes you think they'll catch up in a race or two ?
**cough**

He was the one putting the preasure on Button, to the extent that Button cracked.

8)
K-D

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:53 pm

I'm with KD, I don't think MS would have had much trouble passing Button. He was definately closing on him.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:17 am

To me he wasn't. Even if he was, it would have been a very slow catch.

Also Michael had the least fuel, he stuffed up his start but even then he couldn't get close to those in front of him. They were actually pulling away even though they had more fuel

What does that tell you ?

::COUGH::

Also Did you notice Button had more fuel than Michael yet outqualified him

::END COUGH:: :D

But we can all have our dreams
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:20 am

Yes I agree on all, he was very close to Button, and he would have overtaken him through the pitstops.

8)
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:24 am

K-D wrote:Yes I agree on all, he was very close to Button, and he would have overtaken him through the pitstops.

8)
That is assuming Button was pitting first :wink:

Good night Experimenter (is there such a word :shock: )
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 am

JayVee wrote:..

That is assuming Button was pitting first :wink: - No, the one thing that most will agree to is that Michael Schumacher with a clear track in front of him, will be able to race as quickly as the car is capable of, and since his fastest lap times, were faster than Button, then he would have overtaken him the non-retro way, of through the pitstops.

Good night Experimenter (is there such a word :shock: ) - If there was'nt. There is now.
Good night to you as well.

8)
K-D

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:14 am

1. KR - McLaren has the package to beat at the moment
2. FA - dont write him off because of one mistake
3. MS - The tide has turned, but its not a Spring tide yet
4. JPM - If he can turn his bad USA luck around
5. NH - The thinking williams driver
6. RS - hopefully accident free (and the track is smooth which seems to work for toyota)
7. RB - If he can find the right "balance"
8. DC- 30hp more from cosworth!

pole FA - on a light fuel load
Prediction:
MW - will make his usual detour off track at the first Fosters sign. (super quick for one lap only then brain fade sets in......:)

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Webber Fans Go Bananas?

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:35 am

:wha: Julian, Bundy & Rah all have the Webbo on the podium, two of them have him winning his first GP! :roll: I think there's something wierd in the water, maybe all those glaciers have melted releasing some prehistoric "mad F1 fan" disease?

Remember, race fans, the Webbo is driving (at least the last I heard he was driving) a BMW/Williams!!?? These are the engines Sir Frank's partner is quoted as having dismissed as hardly up to Cosworth standards!! Do you think Indy is a low to medium speed course that punishes decent engines? And then there's the driving record: maybe some of the Webber fans can enlighten me on his record so far this year (I haven't kept up), but isn't little Nick Hiedfeld's better? I mean, come on, think of the scorn one would receive for picking Hiedfeld to win his inaugural GP this sunday at Indy!! I mean, come on: if you're picking Webber to win you have to pick Sato for second place and whoever the second driver is for Red Bull for third! This result is made possible by some kind of alien suction beam which makes the tyres of the top 12 cars lose all traction thus depositing the entire group in the gravel beds.

And as to the Qualiflyer, for a moment there I thought you were the real Qualifier. The rest? The REST! You're lumping Fernando & Jenson & JPM & D.C. & R.S. & J.T. with Webber & Hiedfeld & Sato & the other chauffers?!!

I think you guys are messing with my mind, or checking to see if I'm awake.

:lol: Jim Watt

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Webber Fans Go Bananas?

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:14 am

Jim Watt wrote::wha: Julian, Bundy & Rah all have the Webbo on the podium, two of them have him winning his first GP! :roll: I think there's something wierd in the water, maybe all those glaciers have melted releasing some prehistoric "mad F1 fan" disease?

Remember, race fans, the Webbo is driving (at least the last I heard he was driving) a BMW/Williams!!?? These are the engines Sir Frank's partner is quoted as having dismissed as hardly up to Cosworth standards!! Do you think Indy is a low to medium speed course that punishes decent engines? And then there's the driving record: maybe some of the Webber fans can enlighten me on his record so far this year (I haven't kept up), but isn't little Nick Hiedfeld's better? I mean, come on, think of the scorn one would receive for picking Hiedfeld to win his inaugural GP this sunday at Indy!! I mean, come on: if you're picking Webber to win you have to pick Sato for second place and whoever the second driver is for Red Bull for third! This result is made possible by some kind of alien suction beam which makes the tyres of the top 12 cars lose all traction thus depositing the entire group in the gravel beds.

And as to the Qualiflyer, for a moment there I thought you were the real Qualifier. The rest? The REST! You're lumping Fernando & Jenson & JPM & D.C. & R.S. & J.T. with Webber & Hiedfeld & Sato & the other chauffers?!!

I think you guys are messing with my mind, or checking to see if I'm awake.

:lol: Jim Watt
\

JUm, we are the ones who ride kangaroos to work, the glaciers are on that beautiful country on the other side of the ditch called the Tasman,, crikey its a twenty minute swim.
You have given me food for thought tho, and I raced over and changed my picks . Of course Sato will finish second, and DC third, how silly of me . Thanks :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:47 am

Julian wrote:
JUm, we are the ones who ride kangaroos to work, the glaciers are on that beautiful country on the other side of the ditch called the Tasman,, crikey its a twenty minute swim.
You have given me food for thought tho, and I raced over and changed my picks . Of course Sato will finish second, and DC third, how silly of me . Thanks

No problem me lad, I rather suspected there was something working besides Fosters (I know, I know, you never touch the stuff; we've been through that). It's the bounding Roos that throws off your concentration!

Actually, it WOULD be a lark to see Webber win. Just to see how Motorsport would labor to make it seem inevitable! What a job: make wild guesses --and never have to account for them. AND get paid to cover up your incredible lapses. I think we've missed our calling!!

At any rate, you have to love the season so far! :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:04 am

Jim Watt wrote:Julian wrote:

You have given me food for thought tho, and I raced over and changed my picks . Of course Sato will finish second, and DC third, how silly of me . Thanks

No problem me lad, I rather suspected there was something working besides Fosters (I know, I know, you never touch the stuff; we've been through that). It's the bounding Roos that throws off your concentration!

Actually, it WOULD be a lark to see Webber win. Just to see how Motorsport would labor to make it seem inevitable! What a job: make wild guesses --and never have to account for them. AND get paid to cover up your incredible lapses. I think we've missed our calling!!

At any rate, you have to love the season so far! :D

That I do Jum, ,and as silly as it might seem to pick Webber for the win (and remember, none of us see peoples REAL picks :lol: ), if I had gone around trumpeting that Alonso would be leading at this stage and the williams drivers would be where they are, you would have been calling for the blokes with the white coats to pay me a visit, and take me for a little holiday :lol:

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:03 am

julian mayo wrote:(and remember, none of us see peoples REAL picks :lol: )
I think some clarification is required here:

Players can of course change their picks however players who post different picks here than what they actually submit are told to either post their real picks or nothing at all. Trying to mislead others is not part of this game.

Having said that, the vast majority of those posting their picks here don't change their picks.

I'd suggest that those who don't want to show their picks before the deadline can easily do so after the deadline knowing that no one will copy their picks (if they are that worried)
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 am

8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:

Players can of course change their picks however players who post different picks here than what they actually submit are told to either post their real picks or nothing at all. Trying to mislead others is not part of this game.

Having said that, the vast majority of those posting their picks here don't change their picks.

I'd suggest that those who don't want to show their picks before the deadline can easily do so after the deadline knowing that no one will copy their picks (if they are that worried)
Somebody would have to be really stupid to copy my pics. At any event. Ever.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:24 pm

rah wrote:
8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:

Somebody would have to be really stupid to copy my pics. At any event. Ever.

But not your GF,s :crush: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:45 pm

She beat me again this round.