Round of Belgium - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

8 n Pole Admin

Round of Belgium - Picks and comments

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:20 am

8 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the twelvth race of the season at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit.

Note: Luca Badoer is the temporary replacement for Felipe Massa. If you want to pick Luca Badoer, select Felipe Massa from the drop down menu, you will be scored according to the position Luca Badoer finishes.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/8npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks for Belgium is the 28th of August prior to the start of the first Friday practice session.

Good luck
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Me early :shock:

Winner : Mark Webber

Second : Kimi Raikkonen

Third : Sebastian Vettel

Fourth : Jarno Trulli

Fifth : Rubens Barrichello

Sixth : Heikki Kovalainen

Seventh : Jenson Button

Eighth : Nico Rosberg

Pole : Mark Webber
I dont need to explain :wink:
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

DanoF1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by DanoF1 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Second: Kimi Raikkonen

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Lewis Hamilton

Fifth: Jenson Button

Sixth: Nico Rosberg

Seventh: Fernando Alonso

Eighth: Rubens Barrichello

Pole: Sebastian Vettel

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Kimi Raikkonen

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Sebastian Vettel

Fifth: Nico Rosberg

Sixth: Fernando Alonso

Seventh: Heikki Kovalainen

Eighth: Rubens Barrichello

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Because I am totally insane or totally optimistic. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 am

:D Goodness! Two of you chaps are still believing in A. Newey!! You picked the Webbo to win! Well, I hope for his sake you're right, but I believe you're living in denial. the McLaren's, evil though the silver beasts may be, and as aloof and unapproachable as their drivers and technicians may be, they DO know how to up-grade and improve their machines. From now on out you need to get used to the old dominance by the Dennis gang! 8)

So I pick the Hambone (Lewis Hamilton to his fans) to take the pole and the race. :evil:
Second Place should go to Jenson Button (the OTHER brit) in the BRAWN-y machine :clap: :clap:
Third Place belongs to the Rubinho (who will begin making noises about how his partner has suborned the Crew Chief/Owner/Genius the team is named for. :roll:
Fourth will go to Kimi Raikkonen in the Ferrari, not because the car is getting any better but because the Iceman loves to confuse his critics 8)
I'm picking Seb Vettel for Fifth because he's that good :D
and Sixth place will go to his loyal team-mate, the Webbo, whose run of luck will continue to be bad :sorry:
Fernando Alonso will place the Renault ten places ahead of where anyone else would have which works out to be Seventh :burnout:
and the final point will go to Nico Rosberg in F.W.'s latest entry in the earnest privateer division... :?

Could be and should be a real race this time; Kimi loves the place and he & Lewis & Fernando have all won it recently... would love to see a tangle between the former McLaren team-mates that resulted in one or both of them being out of the race --would give all the bloggers so much to talk about! See: we really DO miss Michael, don't we!?:D

Good Racing and may the luckiest chap win!

Jim Watt :cheers:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for the advice Jim. Always interesting to read your thoughts.
Since qualifying has now been passed down into the pages of history I am afraid that the Hambone has not been kind to you and your pick for pole..... having said that I would have to wonder if anyone had picked Fisi for pole.
Ah the race is tonight and I still hold hopes for Webbo. Nothing is ever over until the fat broad vocalises in her best/worst voice.
Good luck with the rest of your picks. 8)

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:12 am

:D Thanks for the kind thoughts, JacFan! As we have all seen, the Spa circuit exists to frustrate our efforts. I'm not so much surprised that Kimi won --you can never count him OUT here-- as I am that Fisi kept hounding him to the end! As the Speed TV chaps said after the race, "who knows WHAT will transpire at Monza!" Kovalainen showed what the McLaren can do; he finished sixth --and the Hambone usually beats him by five or six places-- so that means the McLarens will be in contention there. Ferrari probably less so, as Kimi remarked after the race, they're not so good at riding the kerbs (whereas the McLarens LOVE curb hopping), but if Webber can ever catch a break again, the Red Bulls could even manage a one-two sweep at Monza. And, if it is really hot, the Brauns will come back into contention. So, in short, we have five or six drivers with a VERY good chance at Italian glory: Hamilton, Button, Barrichello, Raikkonen, Vettel, Webber &, now, Fisichella (especially if he changes 'colors' for that race!) Speaking of that, can you imagine Jean Todt and Ross Braun being as patient with BADoer as the Ferrari team has been?!? You have a multi million dollar machine finishing LAST and FIRST in a race. Do you need further proof? I feel bad for Luca just as I would feel bad for anyone, but HE IS OUT OF HIS LEAGUE. I don't care how many years he's been a 'test driver.' Going out and gathering numbers on tyres and suspension set-ups and aero packages is one thing; racing is something else.

ciao for now, see you in a couple of weeks,

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Well Fisi certainly set the cat among the pigeons!!! Thought he was going to win for a while there... but the Kimster pulled out all stops and well it makes you wonder what he has been doing for the rest of the year.
No comment on the MW and stewards incident.
Monza here we come and as Jim says it will be an interesting one. Anything can happen this year.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round of Belgium!

Winner
Lewis Hamilton 46.25%
Sebastian Vettel 18.18%
Jenson Button 11.46%
Mark Webber 11.46%
Kimi Raikkonen 6.72%
Rubens Barrichello 3.95%
Fernando Alonso 1.19%

Second
Kimi Raikkonen 21.34%
Lewis Hamilton 17.79%
Mark Webber 14.62%
Sebastian Vettel 14.23%
Jenson Button 13.44%
Rubens Barrichello 12.65%
Heikki Kovalainen 5.14%

Third
Kimi Raikkonen 21.34%
Rubens Barrichello 18.58%
Jenson Button 14.62%
Sebastian Vettel 13.04%
Mark Webber 12.65%
Lewis Hamilton 11.86%
Heikki Kovalainen 5.53%

Pole
Lewis Hamilton 49.80%
Sebastian Vettel 18.58%
Jenson Button 10.28%
Mark Webber 10.28%
Kimi Raikkonen 4.74%
Fernando Alonso 1.98%
Rubens Barrichello 1.98%
Heikki Kovalainen 1.19%

Results shortly
Register - Submit

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Fabio top scores this round with a score of 28 points.

It was the second lowest average scoring round so far this season with an average score of just 14.10.

Congratulations to Fabio, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.
Fabio managed to pick 5 of the top 8 finishers with 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th in their exact finishing place. Picking Felipe Massa (or his replacement) for pole earned Fabio 0 additional points and scored 1 bonus points for picking 5 without Pole!

Please give us your comments on how you've managed such a stunning pick!
All other players can contribute here as well. We'd love to hear from you.

Overall, Dom has retaken the lead following the round of Belgium. Texancow drops back to second five points behind while Lightfoot maintains 3rd place a further 6 points behind.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Belgian Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Belgian is available here
Register - Submit