Round of Monaco (Lance maintains the lead!)

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 18, 2005 6:54 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote: A question or two JV. Not Rubbishing, OK?
Why JPM ahead of Kimi?
Why barrichello ahead of Webber?
And, what do you see happening to Ralf to not include him?
:why: :lol:

Hello AWOL in S.E Asia :D

1. becuase of Graham :shock: :shock: , no because he won there before and Montoya will have a good race there
2. This is a tough one, it will be close but Williams starts and pit stops are no good so they'll drop back
3. Ralf has one or two good races in a season and they can't be back to back :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:
I agree about Ralf, But what do you see happening to him.
And the way our Gvt., is kowtowing to the Indons, we are all in S.E.Asia :twisted:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 18, 2005 6:57 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Pole Webber
Finishing order
Kimi
alonso
Trulli
Webber
Massa
Nick
DC
Fisi
:wink:
julian, I wonder if you'll answer given you are AWOL

but why do you think Webber would be on Pole ? Williams traction is no good!!

SKILL

Trulli won't be up that his unless many cars in front are damaged due to Montoya and your crytsal balling

Yep

No Bambinos but a bambino powered car :shock: :shock:
Must be counting on really shocking Bridgestones

Yep

:crush: :crush: :crush: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :TOTW: :cheers: :beer:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed May 18, 2005 7:07 pm

K-D wrote: By nature I am not a betting man, but you being JayVee, I will gamble a femogtyve?re.

8)
And what is a femogtyve?re ?

Must be a Danish thing given the ? :shock: :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed May 18, 2005 7:08 pm

julian mayo wrote: I agree about Ralf, But what do you see happening to him.
And the way our Gvt., is kowtowing to the Indons, we are all in S.E.Asia :twisted:
I don't like predicting crashes :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

No comment on the latter otherwise I'll get another PM from Ed :crush: :crush:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 18, 2005 7:39 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote: I agree about Ralf, But what do you see happening to him.
I don't like predicting crashes :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

No comment on the latter otherwise I'll get another PM from Ed :crush: :crush:

Did you get sent to the naughty stool too :wink:

Kev Mac
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Kev Mac » Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 pm

Jim Watt wrote:A newbies selection (if anyone cares enough to take an interest!)

Pole - Jarno Trulli

1st Fernando Alonso
2nd Giancarlo Fisichella
3rd Jarno Trulli
4th Nick Heidfeld
5th Kimi Raikkonen
6th Ralf Schumacher
7th Michael Schumacher
8th Rubens Barrichello

Jarno has a great race last year at Monaco with Renault, and the Toyota has really impressed me, the balance of the car is alomost perfect, and will be a big plus for such a tricky circuit.

I guess the logic of J.T. getting the pole and then nicely letting F.A. and G.F. pass him eludes me; maybe you mean their launch control will simply lift them over his head? And then he'll settle down and eat their fumes for the rest of the day?

I agree that Trulli drove a fine race last year. So what? David Coulthard drove a fine one three years ago, but I don't expect to see Red Bull on the podium. What does worry me is that JP Montoya has won this race and Kimi hasn't. So, for me, the wild card is whether or not Ron Dennis's boys take each other out (remember Ralph and JPM at Indianapolis).

ok, not only did Trulli win last year, but he also finished 4th in 2002 and 6th in 2003 in the days when Renault werent so competitive. He loves the circuit. And i mean Renault have better launch control than Toyota, which MAY play into Renaults hands.

As for not including Webber, he will have to use the same engine as he did at Spain, and im not so sure his engine will last. As an ex Minardi driver i am a big fan of him, but he has sice driven for Jaguar and now Williams, his best result is still a 5th, which he achieved at Minardi. If he is to have a long term drive in F1 his results will have to improve and quickly!

I like this site! So friendly, just be warned, bite me, i'll bite back twice as hard. :wink:
FORZA MINARDI

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu May 19, 2005 3:51 am

JayVee wrote:There seems to be picks galore for Monaco

Well let me tell you all, 1 car will dominate and that is Renault.

Those thinking Michael will win are dreaming. I doubt he'll qualify in the top 8. He may finish 6th or 7th but I don't pick him :shock: :shock:

My picks to move back into the top 10

Winner: Fernando Alonso
Second: Giancarlo Fisichella
Third: Juan Pablo Montoya
Fourth: Kimi Raikkonen
Fifth: Jarno Trulli
Sixth: Rubens Barrichello
Seventh: Mark Webber
Eighth: David Coulthard
Pole: Fernando Alonso

And show me your picks before you rubbish mine :D
Mine are posted above; I'll spare you repeating them here.

Thanks for the posting, not that I would "rubbish" anyone's picks this year. But I would like a clarification, JayVee. How does JPM get round Kimi and Rubens around D.C. in the streets of Monaco? Are you imagining some kind of sleepy work in the Red Bull pits just long enough for Rubens to slip by? And how can your top four survive if Michael is out of the running? Even if he is your worst nightmare, don't you think he'd take someone out with him (like he almost did last year in the tunnel)? I am respectfully silent about your dreaming that the Webbo will out drive D.C. in his home town! :D

Cheers and thanks for making the time before the race more fun.

Jim

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu May 19, 2005 7:36 am

Jim Watt wrote:
JayVee wrote:There seems to be picks galore for Monaco

Well let me tell you all, 1 car will dominate and that is Renault.

Those thinking Michael will win are dreaming. I doubt he'll qualify in the top 8. He may finish 6th or 7th but I don't pick him :shock: :shock:

My picks to move back into the top 10

Second: Giancarlo Fisichella
Third: Juan Pablo Montoya
Fourth: Kimi Raikkonen
Fifth: Jarno Trulli
Seventh: Mark Webber
Eighth: David Coulthard

And show me your picks before you rubbish mine :D
Mine are posted above; I'll spare you repeating them here.

Thanks for the posting, not that I would "rubbish" anyone's picks this year. But I would like a clarification, JayVee. How does JPM get round Kimi and Rubens around D.C. in the streets of Monaco? Are you imagining some kind of sleepy work in the Red Bull pits just long enough for Rubens to slip by? And how can your top four survive if Michael is out of the running? Even if he is your worst nightmare, don't you think he'd take someone out with him (like he almost did last year in the tunnel)? I am respectfully silent about your dreaming that the Webbo will out drive D.C. in his home town! :D

Cheers and thanks for making the time before the race more fun.

Jim
Well "Jum", May I respectfully point out that even Schuey rates Mark above DC,? :lol:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu May 19, 2005 8:56 am

K-D wrote:
sgd wrote:
K-D wrote:I think that everyone will qualify light(ly), and only go one-stop. Except those who have build a car with a fueltank not able to hold enough to allow for that.

Trick will be to qualify as lightly as possible, and then ride the race out on the initialy heavy car.
I don't understand... :roll: if they qualify light, then they'll have to do early pitstop, thus will have at least 2 pitstops... and how is it that you said that they will qualify light, which means an initially light car and then you said "ride the race out on the initialy heavy car"??? :roll:
The "They" that I am interested in, is Ferrari and Michael Schumacher. I expect Michael Schumacher to qualify a very light car, running as light as possible, to ensure that he can complete the race on only one stop. I have been told that the Ferrari fuel tank is about 130 liters, and that should be able to hold fuel for 39 laps, by that "calculus" his first stint will be 33 laps, and that will be running "light" (if the 130 liters is correct then that mean about 72 kgs (33 laps times 2,7 liters time 0,8 (conversion from liter to kgs)).

Any team planning on 2 stops will have to decide on equal length stints, or different. If running two stops, with equal then a team sharing the same 130 liter size tank will go:

2 stopper
--
1st stint - 24 laps / 52 kg
2nd stint - 24 laps / 52 kg
3 rd sting - 24 laps / 52 kg

1 stopper
--
1st stint - 33 laps / 72 kg
2nd stint - 39 laps / 84 kg

Then we try something.

MS starting from 7th on the grid, he is 20 kg heavier than RS and JT on the front row. At the start everyone makes it safely through the first lap, and holds on to their qualifying position.

RS and JT are slow, and the "usual" pattern of the Toyotas being a cork in the bottle play out once more, and the field is only stretched a little, and MS is conserving his tires and falling a little behind GF in 6th.

The first pit sequence start on lap 22, and every one in the top 10 except for MS pits by lap 25.

On lap 25 MS is running with only 8 kg fuel, and having been able to steadily increase his pace, he has an open track in front whne he earns the lead when RS pits on lap 25th, he promptly set the fastest lap of the race, and continue to do so the next 9 laps. The rest of the field have ergained the track, but are all running 15 kh heavier than MS, so are losing time every single lap.

MS pits on lap 34, having saved a lap running slowly in the beginning of the race. And eventhough his stop is longer, due to needing more fuel he moves from 7th befoer the pitstops to 4th on the road behind RS, JT and FA. Initially he falls backwards from them, however on lap 48 - 50 they all have to pit again, and he regains the lead.

He continue the rest of the race, and win the Monaco Grand Prix.

8)
sgd wrote:K-D,
it's good to dream, but:
1.if MS qualify with fuel for 1 pit strategy then: he will have to use a harder type of tyres, thus he will qualify not 7th but 9th or 10th, remember Spain!! he went to Q1 almost last and after all he managed only 8th with fuel for 2 pit-stops strategy (so a lot less then needed for 1 pitstop strg.). So if he qualif as you want he will be not behind Toyota but behind redbull.... the rest is history...

2.You forgot about McLaren!!!!! where was KR (Barcelna winner)and JPM (2003 Monaco winner) ???? if you go rationally you cannot let them out just because!

3.again the tyres, as he has harder tyres the the rest when he'll have finally clear track he won't be able to push hard enoght to recover to 4th, he'll be too far behind and will go just fractionally faster (if faster)(Renault and McLaren with softer tyres...). His race would similar to Barca's Berichello, he had that situation there. he began last but 4 cars do not count (Minardi & Jordan) so began 12th...(BAR was also absent), and what he get? 9th... 3 places better =/. harder birdgestone tyres will kill MS if he does what you proposed...

4.If to your story we add a pace car of two(which is highly probable), MS's strategy brakes down...

So he'd finished 7th or max 6th if they do what you propose...

No answer from K-D.... :roll:

K-D wrote:This is the fan speaking, since reason and sound argumentation is in short supply here, I just post what I feel, want and think. Anyone courtious to give a reasoned reply back, will be allowed into an argument with me, and can if convincing enough sway me on the rationale of my views, emotions and thoughts.
:roll:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Thu May 19, 2005 10:34 am

julian mayo wrote:
bundy wrote:
julian mayo wrote: A question or two JV. Not Rubbishing, OK?
Why JPM ahead of Kimi?
Why barrichello ahead of Webber?
And, what do you see happening to Ralf to not include him?
:why: :lol:
The Japanese are after JPM!!!!!
que :?:
The Japanese are attempting to gain permission to hunt Humpback Whales for "SCIENTIFIC" purposes
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu May 19, 2005 10:57 am

Watch out guys, Montoya has arrived :shock:

Here goes mine!

Winner: Juan Pablo Montoya
Second: Fernando Alonso
Third: Kimi Raikkonen
Fourth: Giancarlo Fisichella
Fifth: Michael Schumacher
Sixth: Jarno Trulli
Seventh: Rubens Barrichello
Eighth: Mark Webber
Pole: Kimi Raikkonen

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu May 19, 2005 2:44 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Watch out guys, Montoya has arrived :shock:
:D :D :clap: :clap: :TOTW: :bounce: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bounce: :1st:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 19, 2005 3:02 pm

Jim Watt wrote: Mine are posted above; I'll spare you repeating them here.

Jim,

Montoya qualified on Pole in 02 and won it in 03. He is good on this track and I have to take some small risks in order to move back up the order in the comp.

Rubens will qualify ahead of DC and stay ahead

Michael will survive, he'll finish in 14th and the only one he could take out is Narain. Alonso will not take the risk of lapping him (he knows what Schumachers are capable of :shock: ), he have a big enough buffer to Fisichella anyway :wink:

And I don't think Webber stays at DC's hotel, does he :wink:

Jim Watt wrote:Cheers and thanks for making the time before the race more fun.
I wish I had more time!!

alonsofan
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by alonsofan » Thu May 19, 2005 6:10 pm

my picks,

Second: Kimi Raikkonen
Third: Giancarlo Fisichella
Fourth: Jarno Trulli
Fifth: Juan Pablo Montoya
Seventh: Ralf Schumacher
Eighth: Michael Schumacher

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Thu May 19, 2005 9:06 pm

Pick submissions for Monaco have now closed.

Quick Stats:

Top 5 most picked drivers

Winner
Fernando Alonso 35.87%
Kimi Raikkonen 34.78%
Michael Schumacher 16.30%
Juan Pablo Montoya 4.08%
Giancarlo Fisichella 2.72%

2nd Place
Fernando Alonso 33.15%
Kimi Raikkonen 27.17%
Michael Schumacher 12.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 10.05%
Jarno Trulli 8.42%

3rd Place
Jarno Trulli 17.93%
Michael Schumacher 17.93%
Kimi Raikkonen 17.12%
Fernando Alonso 16.03%
Giancarlo Fisichella 11.68%

Pole
Kimi Raikkonen 36.41%
Fernando Alonso 33.15%
Michael Schumacher 13.32%
Giancarlo Fisichella 5.16%
Jarno Trulli 3.80%

Interesting that despite Raikkonen recieving more points for Pole more players expect Alonso to win.

Support for Michael at this event dropped significantly from the last event. For a win 59% to just 16% while for Pole 43% to just 13%

Support for Kimi improved significantly. 8% to 34% for a win and 16% to 36% for Pole.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit