Round of Hungary 2015 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary 2015 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:31 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 10th race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice 25/7/2015.
That is at 11:00 Hungary time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Might as well start the ball rolling.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton Really in tune with his car
Second: Nico Rosberg Struggle to match the race pace of Hamo
Third: Sebastian Vettel He and Ferrari will get back to the podium
Fourth: Valterri Bottas Showing why he is signing with Ferrari
Fifth: Kimi Raikkonen Needs a ride for 2016
Sixth: Felipe Massa Still has speed and Williams lets him shine
Seventh: Pastor Maldonado Luck has turned
Eighth: Sergio Perez It is getting close to contract time
Ninth: Carlos Sainz I really like this kid
Tenth: Daniel Ricciardo Just not happening this year
Pole: Nico Rosberg

I can't imagine the Mercedes struggling with brakes again this year but I am going to give Nico pole.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:20 am

:D CM Lean:

You seem to be the only person still posting here. Because I despise 'social networking,' I have declined to join in with FB groups chatting about F1. I still think it's fun to try to pick the points winners for each race, although this season it has been pretty boring. Anyway, I more or less agree with your picks, mine are just in a different order.

I think Lewis will cement his campaign for another WDC with this race and poor little Nico will continue to look less impressive than the Hulkenberg (I wonder what in the devil Hulkenberg has done to keep the Mercedes folks from scooping him up?) So here's my choices for the generally boring Hungoring (or Hunboring) this year:

1. Lewis Hamilton he loves this circuit as he loves Silverstone and unless the powers that be in Germany demand that the race be given to Nico (as they did in Monaco) he should win easily, let's say by a 22 second margin.

2. Seb Vettel will enjoy himself blocking Nico after he gets a jump on him in the first lap. If Ferrari doesn't mess up in the pits, he'll get the second step on the podium this week.

3. Nico will be frustrated in qualifications and in the race and have to smile through the ceremony after the race

4. Valerie Bottas is hot to secure that Red Car seat so he'll muscle his way to fourth (and maybe even on to the podium!)

5. Kimi will be trying too hard and make a mistake at some point that opens the door to the Williams

7. Hulkenberg has already shown everyone how good he is and has no pressure on him at all, he might drag the Force India even higher up the rankings if anyone slips up or can't finish

8. Kvyat has been pretty impressive this year. now if only the Renault doesn't blow up

9. Ricciardo (I just don't know what is wrong with Daniel lately. Maybe he'll lose his seat to Kimi in the silly season, although I doubt the Finn will even bother

10. Sainz. I like him and expect him to get better and better.

Pole: Lewis will lay down a time that Nico will struggle to beat
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Jim Watt wrote::D CM Lean:

You seem to be the only person still posting here. Because I despise 'social networking,' I have declined to join in with FB groups chatting about F1. I still think it's fun to try to pick the points winners for each race, although this season it has been pretty boring.
Hi Jim

There are still many submitting their picks in the 10 'n' Pole competition as well as quite a few who still visit these pages.

Contributions to the site are a little harder to find.

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 pm

I'm still here :)

I'm on Twitter, but not Facebook. Tend not to plug my stuff, but I do have a betting-focused F1 blog at enormo-haddock.blogspot.com

Offered a tip on every race weekend (and sometimes a few) since late 2009 [earlier races were covered on another blog]. Generally finish slightly ahead, but only stake tiny sums.

Here are my guesses:
Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Nico Rosberg
Third: Valterri Bottas
Fourth: Sebastian Vettel
Fifth: Felipe Massa
Sixth: Romain Grosjean
Seventh: Daniel Ricciardo
Eighth: Nico Hulkenberg
Ninth: Kimi Raikkonen
Tenth: Pastor Maldonado
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Be interesting to see if Williams can beat Ferrari, or whether last time was a one-off (on pace).

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:51 pm

Congratulations to the 10 'n' Pole winners for the Round of Hungary 2015

P Pts Player Country
1 52 Din Australia
2 49 Lightfoot Samoa
3 46 RIC99 Australia
3 46 Dom United Kingdom
3 46 GoranY Macedonia
6 45 Hooky Australia
6 45 Michael Geldart Australia
6 45 Ang Australia