Round of Brazil '14 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Brazil '14 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:19 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the penultimate race of the season in Brazil.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 Sao Paolo time (13:00 GMT).

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Interlagos is a great circuit. The result may be very odd, depending on how the weather goes (wet could be good for Hulkenberg and Button, as well as the Red Bulls).

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Nico Rosberg
Third: Daniel Ricciardo
Fourth: Valtteri Bottas
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Felipe Massa
Seventh: Fernando Alonso
Eighth: Jenson Button
Ninth: Nico Hulkenberg
Tenth: Romain Grosjean
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:19 am

:D Goodness! Thaddeus and I are in agreement this week about the Mercs! Maybe that means they'll take each other out on the first lap and suddenly we'll have a race :roll: :roll:

Alas. Probably not. :?

So Here are me picks and reasons

1. Hamilton again I watched him closely in Austin last weekend and he's just unbeatably in control and I can't see Nico stopping him. It will be fun to see just how Lewis responds to the championship.

2. Rosberg ... about a second & 1/2 back and unable to use the DRS zone

3. Massa ... this is pure sentiment on my part but it is his home race

4. Vettel he was remarkably fast in the closing laps at Austin... maybe he's found something?

5. Alonso I'd love to see a Ferrari podium, but there are just too many faster machines

6. Ricciardo will probably be higher up, maybe in Massa's slot and Massa in his?

7. Botas is good but Interlagos is mean to machines with twitchy rear ends

8. Button has won this race (in 2012) but he has to be mad at Ron D.

9. Magnussen will be trying his best I think but won't get his team mate

10. Vergne has been having a pretty good year... maybe he's finally settling down?

Pole: Lewis Hamilton of course.

I'm thinking they should call it quits after Brazil. We don't need another boring Abu Dhabi race and we certainly don't need one with double points. In fact, if they're doubling points and Bernie just bought his way out a trial with 100 million Euros, they ought to cut his salary in half for the last race and dispense it among the lower runners.

hope the race is fun
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!