Round of Japan '14 - Picks & comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Japan '14 - Picks & comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:30 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the fifteenth race of the season in Suzuka.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 Suzuka time (02:00 GMT).

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Should be a cracker. Suzuka's a proper circuit, not like Singapore. Anyway, whilst it's hard to call between them I think one of the Mercedes drivers will get the win. Vettel's got a good history on the track but I think the Williams will be better suited.

Winner: Nico Rosberg
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Valtteri Bottas
Fourth: Sebastian Vettel
Fifth: Fernando Alonso
Sixth: Daniel Ricciardo
Seventh: Felipe Massa
Eighth: Kimi Raikkonen
Ninth: Nico Hulkenberg
Tenth: Sergio Perez
Pole: Nico Rosberg

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 am

:D I think Thaddeus is right about Suzuka being a proper circuit! I just think the order of the Mercs will be different: 8)
1. Lewis will continue to bedevil Nico and increase his championship lead :up: :up:
2. Nico, reacting to Singapore, will drive too carefully to win :oops:
3. following at some distance, never threatening the Mercs, will be Daniel Ricciardo showing once again how much he likes the RBR :P
4. Alonso will, once again, perform miracles on the race course and keep Ferrari in the points race (they should give him double salary for every race he places in the top five! :cheers: )
5. Vettel will also be in the top five now that he has a better feel for the RB; he may get even higher if anything happens to one of the mercs or to fernando :roll:
6. Felipe Massa will get some points, but the Wms machine is at the end of its development and will steadily fall behind the larger budgets :cry:
7. Bottas ditto the above :cry:
8.Jenson Button may well place ahead of the Wms but he'll be in the bottom five (I just find it hard to care about McLaren these days. Corporate $ is more important than winning! :cry: :cry: )
9. magnusson ditto the above (:cry: :cry: :cry:)
10. probably Raikkonen. I hope he surprises me, but I don't think he will
:evil:

Pole will go to Hamilton and deservedly. The Merc team is what McLaren and Ferrari USED TO BE: a first rate racing organization. Only RBR is in their class. And Formula 1 is getting closer and closer to professional wrestling. :evil: :evil:

hope the typhoon stays away! :shock: :shock:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!