Round of Hungary '14 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary '14 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the eleventh race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 Hungary time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Hungary's not my favourite circuit, but as Bahrain somehow managed to be great this year there's every chance it might be more entertaining than usual.

Hamilton's got a strong record, and I hope Williams can maintain their strong form. The title won't be theirs this year but if they can end 2014 strongly a 2015 challenge is possible.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Nico Rosberg
Third: Valtteri Bottas
Fourth: Felipe Massa
Fifth: Daniel Ricciardo
Sixth: Fernando Alonso
Seventh: Kevin Magnussen
Eighth: Nico Hulkenberg
Ninth: Jenson Button
Tenth: Sergio Perez
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 am

:D Well, I'm very close to Thaddeus this week 8)

I guess great minds run parallel very often.

I expect that Lewis will come charging back this week since the race is in Hungary and if a safety car is needed it will be sent out. Unlike last week when, near the end, when a safety car would have put Nico in reach of Lewis (and maybe even Bottas) some how it didn't happen. :evil: :evil: Instead marshals had to dash across the circuit under a local yellow and push the stalled car to 'safety'. They're very lucky, those Germans, that no one was hurt and I'm glad of it, but then racing IS racing and nobody confuses it with sport but flacks in Bernie's pay.

Sorry chaps; I was laughing and laughing at the commentators on NBC who were wondering why a safety car wasn't sent out as if they didn't know!!)

So. this week Lewis wins and little Nico is second.
The final step on the podium goes to Valiant Bottas and Williams :cheers:

4th will be Ricciardo's once again out driving Seb :? :?

5th will go to the best driver in the field: Fernando will drag the Maranello Sled way beyond its deserts. If they didn't have him, Ferrari would be even lower in the points!!

6th will, I hope, go to poor Massa :roll: :roll:

7th will be the best Seb Vettel will get out of his Red Bull :(

8th will go to the well deserving Jenson Button (Ron Dennis has HIS nerve blaming Jense for not doing better while, at the same time, delivering him a soapbox derby car to drive! :evil:)

9th will be Magnussen in the other McLaren. :wink:

and the final point will be the other Nico. Hulk, who will, one day, maybe, get a car to race in??? :D

As I think I said before, the Pole will be Lewis's this week

Looking forward to the race even if the course is generally boring.
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

DansRB10

Hungary Picks

Post by DansRB10 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:33 am

Nico Rosberg
Sebastian Vettel
Lewis Hamilton
Daniel Ricciardo
Fernando Alonso
Valtteri Bottas
Kimi Raikkonen
Jenson Button
Kevin Magnussen