Round of Monaco '14 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Monaco '14 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed May 21, 2014 11:46 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the sixth race of the season in Monaco.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 Monaco time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu May 22, 2014 6:04 am

:D :D So I'm early. But I don't think anything is going to change much on the tortured Monaco circuit. Maybe Perez or Magnusson will crash in practice, but I think they'll be going slow enough for their crews to patch the cars up. 8) 8) My picks don't have any surprises in them, nor, I think, will the rest of the season have any.

1. Lewis will win from the pole, aggravating poor Nico some more.

We're going to be hearing Rule Britannia followed by the Austrian anthem the way we used to hear the German Anthem, followed by Italian in the long ago, good old days when Michael, Ross & Ferrari ruled. Or maybe not hearing it since NBC is 'supplying' the U.S. with coverage. If there were ANY way I could get SKY's coverage, I'd be doing it. NBC treats F1 as though it were some kind of opening act for NASCAR and the audience was made up of idiots. The 'experts' natter on about tyres and the qualification set up and the way the cars line up for the race and how the lights going out is the start signal and who's girl friend is hanging out in the pits and what over the hill media stars are wandering around half drunk on the grid before the start. They say nothing NADA about what's going on in the teams or why Renault is 'lacking power' and Ferrari is turning into Hyundai. (oops. sorry, I seem to be in the mood to rant :oops: :oops:)

2. Nico (as I said above. He's a good driver and excellent human being but he appears to be morphing into Felipe Massa :cry: )
3. Sebastian Vettel appears to have worked out some of his difficulties with the new car and he should be steadily improving his qualifying and race performance from here on out.
4. Daniel Ricciardo should be on Sebastian's heels, but he won't have any place to pass him.
5. Fernando Alonso will be dragging the ersatz ferrari as far up the grid as he can, but he'll probably just hold on to that same grid position in the parade.
6. Hulkenburg in the Force India will continue to make India happy.
7. Bottas, I hope, will continue his good performance so far.
8. poor old Kimi Raikkonen will only get higher if he can somehow qualify higher, but his phony red machine won't be any help.
9. Sergio Perez got 9th in Spain after a splendid job. He should do the same in Monaco.
10. I'm picking Magnusson to drag the McLaren into the points, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't.

As i said above, the Pole will be Lewis's.
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Sat May 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Almost forgot about this:

Winner: Nico Rosberg
Second: Daniel Ricciardo
Third: Lewis Hamilton
Fourth: Fernando Alonso
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Romain Grosjean
Seventh: Kevin Magnussen