Round of Spain '14 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Spain '14 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the fifth race of the season in Barcelona, Spain.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 Barcelona time (09:00 GMT).

Note that sending the results by email was delayed again but hopefully they will be sent in the next 2 days, Thank you for your patience.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 am

Hard to call as everyone will have big updates. Be surprised if Mercedes aren't top, though.

Winner: Nico Rosberg
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Fernando Alonso
Fourth: Daniel Ricciardo
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Nico Hulkenberg
Seventh: Sergio Perez
Eighth: Kimi Raikkonen
Ninth: Jenson Button
Tenth: Valtteri Bottas
Pole: Nico Rosberg

Went for Rosberg over Hamilton because of the 7/7 qualifying/races so far (discounting Australia where Hamilton had a reliability DNF) the results in 2014 are identical to 2013 in terms of which Mercedes driver was on top.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 am

:D Hmmm Thaddeus, interesting reason to pick Nico over Lewis, but I can't agree with you. Once Lewis gets the bit in his teeth, he's relentless. The only thing that can stop him winning another WDC this year will be mechanical failures or getting punted by someone. So. It will be another 'boring' season this year with one dominant team and driver. And here are me picks:

1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes (see above) :? :?
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes (see above):? :?
3. Fernando Alonso (the best driver on the circuit will drag and kick and shove his red sled onto the podium. If he were in a Merc, he'd be fifteen seconds ahead of Lewis! 8) 8) :? :?
4. Sebastian Vettel (he IS 5th in the points and defending champion after all) :P
5. Daniel Ricciardo (he loves the car, yes ... but the team loves Seb) :cry:
6. Nico Hulkenburg (the F.I. is fast and Nico is fearless; he may be two or three places higher this week) :up: :up:
7. V. Bottas (probably the last in the points for Wms this year; they don't have the cash to keep up, like Lotus, poor guys ... they need a rich Austrian daddy) :roll: :roll:
8. Jensen Button. (I don't know if Ron Dennis has shot enough people yet)
9. Kimi Raikkonen (he hates his car, but then so does Seb V.) :oops: :oops:
10. last point goes to Sergio Perez in the other F.I. and India goes wild.

Pole. Yawn. Ho Hum; it will be Lewis by a mile! :zzzz: :zzzz:

If only we could go back to the days when they just wrote the rules and let everyone decide for themselves how to design the cars and engines.

Oh, well. At least they're still not entirely spec machines.

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!