Round of Malaysia 2014 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Malaysia 2014 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the second race of the season in Malaysia.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 13:00 Kuala Lumpur time (05:00 GMT).

Please note that the scoring for Australia has been completed however we haven't sent out the emails due to a problem with group ranking. You can log in and view your results.
In addition, since Ricciardo was disqualified and Red Bull's subsequent appeal, the result isn't finalised until the appear is heard and a final decision is made.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Here are mine:
Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Nico Rosberg
Third: Valtteri Bottas
Fourth: Kevin Magnussen
Fifth: Felipe Massa
Sixth: Fernando Alonso
Seventh: Nico Hulkenberg
Eighth: Jenson Button
Ninth: Sebastian Vettel
Tenth: Daniil Kvyat
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Hard to see past Mercedes, if it's dry. Fortunately, two good drivers means the title race could still be great even if they have season long dominance. Williams could do very well, but they did seem to be disproportionately struggling in the wet.

Ferrari just aren't fast enough. Raikkonen's really struggling, and Alonso was about the same as Hulkenberg (NB I rate Hulkenberg very highly, but the Ferrari should be faster than the Force India by a distance).

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:13 pm

:D :D Well, Thaddeus must think Lewis is MOTIVATED for Malaysis. And I'd say he was, too. But you know who is MORE MOTIVATED? :D

That's right: Nico. And he's not taking the back seat any more. I'm picking Rosberg to take the race AND the pole AND the fastest lap. He'll either do that or take his teammate out on the first lap of the race. :twisted:

So Here's the points winners:
1. Rosberg in the fastest car on the grid
2. Seb Vettel in another fast car. I think the start might be the most exciting in a very long time.
3.Lewis will podium, yes. But at the wrong end of it.
4. Fernando will be there in case anything goes wrong ahead of him
5. and hungry Dan Ricciardo in the other Red Bull will be pushing Fernando.
6. Jenson Button will put McLaren in the points, but not on the podium ... yet.
7. Kevin Magnussen will not get so lucky this week.
8. Nico Hulkenberg will drag the Force India into the points and maybe even break into the top five -- if enough front runners are victims of their tyres
9. I'm picking Felipe Massa in the Williams for old time's sake.
10. and Valtteri Bottas because I'd love to see two of Frank's cars in the points again.

Pole: as I said, will go to Nico.
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Axey
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Axey » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 am

Winner: Nico Rosberg
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Kevin Magnussen
Fourth: Jenson Button
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Felipe Massa
Seventh: Valtteri Bottas
Eighth: Nico Hulkenberg