The 2011 10 'n' Pole Winners Thread

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

The 2011 10 'n' Pole Winners Thread

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Amminadab wins the 2011 10 'n' Pole Competition ahead of pin with Kevin Burns and Werner.
Road Runner, Michael Klausen, Hilly, Luc Corbeil, Steph Lo, Alli and MrGSir make the top 10.

This is the thread for all the winners to post their comments and for everyone else to tells us what they thought of the competition.

We do apologise for the delay in publishing this thread.

All the winners will receive separate emails informing them of how to claim their prizes over the next few days.

We hope that you all enjoyed the 2011 10 'n' Pole Competition and look forward to seeing you again in the 2012 competition which will launch in early February.

The overall top 20 are:

1 .... Amminadab .................. Australia .................. 1111
2 .... pin................................ Australia .................. 1107
3 .... Kevin Burns .................. United Kingdom ........ 1097
3 .... Werner ......................... Brazil ....................... 1097
5 .... Road Runner ................. United Kingdom ........ 1093
6 .... Michael Klausen ............. Denmark ................. 1086
6 .... Hilly .............................. Australia ................... 1086
6 .... Luc Corbeil ................... Canada ..................... 1086
9 .... Steph Lo ....................... Canada ..................... 1083
10 ... Alli ............................... Philippines ................. 1082
10 ... MrGSir ......................... United Kingdom .......... 1082
12 ... ibex ............................ Slovenia ..................... 1080
13 ... Migz ............................ Canada ..................... 1077
14 ... Miggs .......................... Canada ..................... 1076
15 ... Whitey ........................ Australia .................... 1073
15 ... PAUL PANG .................. Malaysia .................... 1073
17 ... DANIEL STANESCU ....... Romania .................... 1072
17 ... Bob Bates .................... United States .............. 1072
17 .... JTodd ......................... United States ............. 1072
20 .... MARKY ....................... Australia ...................... 1071
20 .... GhoGho ...................... United States .............. 1071
20 ..... Brand ........................ Brazil ......................... 1071

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:49 am

Congratulations to Amminadab and all the top 20 winners of the 2011 10'n'Pole competition.
See you back for the next season!

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: The 2011 10 'n' Pole Winners Thread

Post by GhoGho » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 am

10 n Pole Admin wrote: 20 .... GhoGho ...................... United States .............. 1071
WooHoo! I made the list! :bounce: :bouncey: :bouncec: :cheers: :bounceg: :bouncest: :twinb: :knight: :juggle: :band: :cheer: :party8: :party7: :party: :drive: :dance: :updown:
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 am

Congrats to the top chaps :)

pin1
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by pin1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:23 pm

been a week and im still yet to receive an email... i being 'pin'

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

pin1 wrote:been a week and im still yet to receive an email... i being 'pin'
Apologies for the delay pin, we are really streched out. Rest assured you will get the email soon with instructions on what to do to claim.

In the meantime, it would be appreaciated if you could tell us more about yourself and how you've managed to finish an impressive second in the competition

Cheers

Migz

Finished 13th overall! ... YES!

Post by Migz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:52 am

Congrats to Amminadab for winning the 2011 competition and to the rest of the top 20. For me, achieving 13th place is great result, considering I finished 218th at the end of my first year (2008) of competition. I inched closer each year after that ... and for 2012 ... if I am not leading, I will be working hard at filling the mirrors of the player ahead of me ... and passing him/her at the last corner.

This is a great competition and I consider it to be the best amongst all the others. I extend my sincere thanks to the 10 ‘n’ Pole Team for making it possible. I really appreciated the introduction of the team concept, as it allowed me to introduce my son (Player ID. “Miggs”) to F1 racing. We have been in competition for the past three years. He is a fast learner as he beat me the 2nd year, and this year I beat him by only one point. It was close as he finished 3rd in the overall Biggest Winning Margin and 2nd in the Highest Score in a Round. 2012 promises to be a great showdown.

My interest in F1 started when I was 11 years old, living in Buenos Aires, Argentina ... when I saw a film clip of Fangio driving a Ferrari, replacing Ascari, who had been killed in an accident. Then his 1957 drive in a Maserati at the Nurburgring, which is considered the greatest drive in F1 history, elevated him to hero status. I was hooked ... and have been a fan of F1 ever since. Being Italian, I am a Ferrari fan and proud of its history.

Having raced myself, I appreciate the relentless effort of a race driver to continue to try and improve one’s position ... to never give up ... as anything can happen to change the race results. F1 is a sport, which can provide valuable life lessons. The open wheel concept demands finesse and accuracy ... unlike the banging and pushing that takes place in stock car racing. It upsets me when people criticise a Formula 1 race as being parade-like or boring ... because there is little or no passing. They do not realize the skill and concentration required, to keep that car on the race track at speeds of over 300 Km/hr. It is indeed an art.

I am looking forward to the 2012 season. Good luck to you all.

Luc Corbeil

finished 6th

Post by Luc Corbeil » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:53 am

It's a pleasure to be in the points. The 10 N Pole format adds an immersive aspect to the season. Can't say that I have tried any others. 10 N Pole keps me coming back. Thanks.
Having been impressed by young Seb since his Friday driving days I consistently picked him to my best finish here.
I have been following F1 since 1978 when I attended my first F1 race at Watkins Glen, the year Mario Andretti won the championship in the Black and Gold Lotus. Gilles didn't get past lap 8 but he took your breath away when he was on the track. Time for another Canadian on the grid.
I do wish they would let the rules settle for more than one season though. Let us get used to a system before changing it again. And enough with the Tilke tracks already. Let's have someone new.

It's always exciting to be near the dawn of a new season though. Good to have Kimi back. Sad to see Reubens go. Strap in. Lights about to go out...

pin1
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by pin1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Congrats to Amminadab for winning and everyone else for putting in each week.

I was rather suprised to finish 2nd, having played the last few seasons and doing so-so.
I only really paid attention to the competition a few races in when I realised I was in the Top 100. Fortunately my default picks of RBR, Macca, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault(!) paid off early in the year, and I paid a lot more attention in later races and was lucky enough to pick the rise of Force India and Sauber and the decline of Renault.

My interest in F1 stems primarily from Mark Webber. His debut race in Melbourne where he finished 5th started a love affair that continues to this day. Im an Aussie, and we're quite parochial down here. Despite the lack of TV coverage, I've followed Marks progress in the early years, avidly staying up through my teens on Sunday till midnight to watch his amazing performances in the Jaguar and Williams on F1's Live Timing. Fortunately for my sanity he has been racing upfront recently, and safe to say I was truly livid at RBR's choices in 2011.

It's exciting to see another young Aussie in Riccardo step up in STR, and that may continue my interest in F1 for a few years yet...

Thanks to the 10 n Pole team for running a great competition, which seems to be growing year on year.

2012 looks to be even more exciting and picking winners will be even harder, so goodluck to everyone in the competition.

paulpang76
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by paulpang76 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Well done to all ahead of me,and to those behind me...try harder this year,just as i will to stay in front.
I have always love F1 racing. I have played 10 'n' Pole,when it was 8 'n' Pole...lol!
For me,it is Vettel all the way! Button is 'cool' too.

Amminadab

Post by Amminadab » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

I really enjoyed the competition. A bit surprised to win to be honest. The wife and I both play and have done for a few years. Haven't really done that well in the past either.

This is the only F1 competition I play. I got onto it through coming to this site for F1 news.

Thank you for putting the competition on for us and giving us the chance to win some prizes. In the past I did win a 30 dollar voucher for top score, which I brought F1 book and dvd with. So thank you for that too.

I got into F1 through following Alain Prost and have been following it ever since. I had been to a few GP when they where in Adelaide. I follow Mark Webber now, so here's hoping he wins the big one before he retires.

waxx
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by waxx » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:31 pm

congratulations to the winner! this is my first time to join f1 fantasy and i just became a serious fan 2010 when schumi returned.. went to china grand prix last 2010 race and enjoyed the cool weather...

im happy to be in 23rd place in my pilot year of joining this fantasy contest.. im looking forward for the 2012 season!

more power to the members and admins here!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice to hear something from the winners. Welcome to the forums guys and I hope you contine to post your thoughts throughout the year. :D :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

steve

Post by steve » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Great to have finished do high up at the end of 2011.

Looking forward to the new season and with a bit of luck Mark will be at the pointy end again.

Whitey

Post by Whitey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 am

Congratulations to everyone.

Its great to have this comp for us to all be able to 'participate' in our favourite sport in some way.

I am 'Whitey' and I love my F1 racing, especially the tipping competition run by NewsOnF1. I have been tipping for a few years now and feel like I have finally got a grip on it.

Looking forward to the 2012 season, Go Ferrari Go.