Mercedes GP

Formula 1 Team reports for the 2010 F1 season includes race previews, reports and reviews

Moderator: Ed

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Mercedes GP

Post by Ed » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER TO TAKE PART IN GP2 SERIES DEVELOPMENT TEST IN JEREZ

Stuttgart/Brackley - Formula One World Champion helps develop the 2011/13 GP2 Series car in Jerez and gains some motorsport mileage before the first Formula One test in February.

In preparation for his much-awaited return to Formula One next season with MERCEDES GP PETRONAS, Michael Schumacher will take part in a three-day GP2 Series test session in Jerez, Spain this week.

Following the approval of the FIA, the GP2 Series and the Formula One Testing Committee, Michael will drive the GP2 development car for three days from Tuesday 12 January to Thursday 14 January.

Michael's desire to drive a high-performance competition vehicle as part of his preparations has found a match in the objectives of the GP2 Series to develop the 2011/2013 car. As GP2 are currently defining the technical features of the Series' third generation car which will debut in Spring 2011, the Series organisers saw a fantastic opportunity to benefit from Michael's experience and his legendary technical abilities.

One of the main goals of the three-day test will be to evaluate numerous suspension configurations in order to define several new set-up solutions which will provide more flexibility to GP2 drivers and engineers during the race weekends. Alongside that programme, the test will see the evaluation and validation of updated components, including a new clutch, to be introduced later this year.

GP2 Organiser Bruno Michel said: "Today's test marks a milestone for the GP2 Series. It is an honour and a privilege for us to have seven-time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher help us to develop our car. The goal of the GP2 Series is to prepare young drivers for Formula One. This test will prove to be very important for the future of our GP2 drivers and will be a confirmation of the high-standards and competitiveness of our Series. Michael's input and advice will be invaluable. I am confident that his knowledge and unparalleled driving skills will help us to develop a great car for next season."

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Presentation of the new MERCEDES GP PETRONAS Formula 1 Team

Post by Ed » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

more images below

New MERCEDES GP PETRONAS Formula One Team with Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher presented at the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart

Today, the new Silver Arrows Formula One works team MERCEDES GP PETRONAS was presented at the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart. Nico Rosberg and seven-time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher along with team management Ross Brawn, Nick Fry and Norbert Haug were introduced to guests with a presentation and press conference.

Over 600 guests, including 200 media representatives and 200 Mercedes-Benz employees, visited the Mercedes-Benz Museum, one of the biggest and most famous car museums in the world, to see the launch of the team and the unveiling of the new Silver Arrows livery. Mercedes-Benz employees from the company's manufacturing plants in Untertürkheim and Sindelfingen, 100 of whom were invited for their outstanding performances and 100 selected through a popular internal draw, also had the opportunity to take their first look at the new MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team.

The event opened with a welcome speech by Dr. Dieter Zetsche, CEO of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars before Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg unveiled the new Silver Arrows livery for the 2010 season on last year's car. The team's 2010 car, the MGP W01, will make its track debut at the first Formula One test in Valencia on Monday 1 February, with the 2010 Formula One season starting in Bahrain on 14 March.

The new silver and green livery creates a true marriage between the heritage of the Silver Arrows and the team's title partner PETRONAS. The legacy of the Silver Arrows goes back to the 1934 Eifel Race when, on the evening before the event, the white paint was sanded off the Mercedes W25 race car to fulfil weight regulations (750kg formula) and the silver colour of the aluminium surface of the car appeared. This season, with the return of the Silver Arrows, the MGP W01 will shine in silver combined with a flow of iridescent silver and green shading. On the nose and other parts of the car, traces of black carbon fibre visible are visible - a reminder of the first Silver Arrow of 1934.

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER:
"Finally the 2010 Formula One season is firing up! I have to say that I am totally committed to this new challenge. This season feels like a re-start for me and I am so motivated. We have a very exciting combination at MERCEDES GP PETRONAS. We have a World Champion team in every sense of the word and I cannot wait to get into the car for the first time in Valencia. I am convinced that MERCEDES GP PETRONAS will be in a very good position to fight for the championships this season and I will definitely give it a go. Driving for Mercedes-Benz again is like the closing of a circle for me as I started my racing driver career with the three-pointed star on my helmet. This is another reason why I cannot wait for the competition to get underway."

NICO ROSBERG:
"You can really feel the successful motorsport history of Mercedes-Benz here at the Museum in Stuttgart and to be part of the new Silver Arrows team and that racing heritage makes me feel extremely proud and motivated. Since joining the team in November, I have spent a lot of time at the factory in Brackley, at Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines in Brixworth and here in Stuttgart, which has given me the opportunity to settle in and get to know everyone. I have seen how hard the team is working on the new car and I really can't wait for the opportunity to drive it for the first time in Valencia next week. I am looking forward to working with everyone at MERCEDES GP PETRONAS and will give it my all to reward their fantastic efforts with good on-track results this season."

ROSS BRAWN, TEAM PRINCIPAL, MERCEDES GP PETRONAS:
"It is a privilege to be here at the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart today for the official presentation of the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS Formula One Team. With your first look around the Museum, you realise the fantastic racing heritage of Mercedes-Benz and we hope to be able to contribute to those successes going forward. Our team have been working extremely hard throughout last year and over the winter on the development of the MGP W01 and everyone at the team is looking forward to the start of testing in Valencia next week. We have two excellent drivers in Nico and Michael, who will form one of the most exciting and one of the best partnerships on the grid, and with the support of Mercedes-Benz, Aabar, our new title partner PETRONAS and all of our team partners, everyone is looking forward to the 2010 Formula One season with anticipation."

NORBERT HAUG, VICE PRESIDENT MERCEDES-BENZ MOTORSPORT:
"With today's presentation of our new MERCEDES GP PETRONAS Formula One Team, a new and certainly the most important chapter of over 100 years of Mercedes-Benz motorsport history begins. The new Formula One season will offer challenges which will be bigger than ever before in over sixty years of the sport's history. We look forward to the cooperation with our drivers Nico Rosberg who has enormous capabilities and perspectives, and with seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher who is no less motivated than at the time when he began his professional motor racing career with Mercedes-Benz and then made his first step into such a successful Formula One career with our support. Today I also cordially welcome our new title partner PETRONAS as well as our co-investor Aabar/IPIC together with all of our team partners. I warmly welcome all our colleagues from last year's World Championship team Brawn GP headed by Ross Brawn and Nick Fry to the Mercedes family. There are challenging tasks ahead of us and we will tackle them with power, consistency and full motivation."

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 pm

MERCEDES GP PETRONAS MGP W01 CAR MAKES DEBUT IN VALENCIA

Date Monday 1 February
Track Circuito de la Comunidad Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
Driver Nico Rosberg / Michael Schumacher

No of Laps 39 laps / 40 laps
Best Lap Time 01:13.543 / 01:12.947
Kilometres Covered 158km / 162km
Track Length 4.051km

Weather Cool and sunny
Ambient Temperature Maximum 15°C
Track Temperature Maximum 19°C

Formula One's first day of pre-season testing began in Valencia this morning to kick off 15 days of track action ahead of the first race of the 2010 season in Bahrain on 14 March. For MERCEDES GP PETRONAS, the day began with a photocall in the morning sunshine at 8:50am with Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn showing off the new MGP W01 before the car was rolled back into the garage to prepare for the start of the test programme.

Nico was the first to drive the new Silver Arrow on track with the main focus of his programme to work through the initial set-up of the car and ensure that he was comfortable with his seat and position. Nico drove out of the garage for his first installation run at 10:34 and completed five runs over 39 laps before he finished for the day at 13:40, setting the fourth fastest time - a 01:13.543.

Michael took over the MGP W01 for the remainder of the day for his first run in a current Formula One car since April 2008. Getting out on track just after 15:30, Michael was comfortably on the pace after his first run and spent the remaining track time familiarising himself with the new car. Michael completed 40 laps over three runs, with a fastest lap of 01:12.947 putting him in third place on the timesheets.

Nico will continue the team's programme tomorrow with Michael taking over for the final day.

Nico Rosberg: "It was a good first day of testing for us and my initial impressions of the new car are very positive. It felt great to be in the car for the first time and to get our pre-season testing programme underway. Generally everything felt good although I was sitting too low in the car and couldn't see the track very well which we will improve for tomorrow. It's too early to get an initial impression of the competitiveness but it was very special to drive the new Silver Arrow out of the garage. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we have a full day of testing to make further progress."

Michael Schumacher: "It was a perfect rollout for the new car today. I felt totally comfortable and really had a feeling that everything was very natural. It felt just like at the very beginning of my career in 1991 when on the first lap, I thought 'wow that was really fast' and then on the second lap, I was just extremely excited. I feel like a young boy again and really enjoyed myself out there. We did a good job today, just making a few control checks, and the most important thing was that the car ran reliably. With Nico and I covering 79 laps between us, it was a superb job by the team."

Ross Brawn: "We have had a very useful first day of testing here in Valencia. Our priority was to ensure that the new car was functioning properly and allow both drivers to use their short window of track time to get acclimatised to the car and its operations. Today's work has provided a good basis for the next couple of days and it was rewarding to see that the car ran reliably. I would like to say thank you to everyone at the factories in Brackley and Brixworth for all their hard work in preparing the car to test here this week. And finally, it's been a very special day to work with Nico for the first time, to work with Michael once again and to complete our first active day as the Mercedes-Benz works team."

RESULTS (All timings are unofficial)

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:12.574 102
2. Pedro de la Rosa BMW Sauber 1:12.784 74
3. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:12.947 40
4. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:13.543 39
5. Gary Paffett Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:13.846 86
6. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:14.449 75
7. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:14.762 18
8. Robert Kubica Renault 1:15.000 69

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 am

VALENCIA TEST - DAY TWO

Date Tuesday 2 February
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 119 laps
Best Lap Time 01:12.899
Kilometres Covered 482km
Track Length 4.051km

Weather Fine
Ambient Temperature Maximum 13°C

Nico Rosberg was back at the wheel of the MGP W01 car today for his first full day of testing for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team. Another fine and dry day in Valencia provided ideal winter testing conditions and enabled the team to successfully work through today's programme.

After completing the initial set-up work with the MGP W01 yesterday morning, Nico had a productive day focusing on long runs which saw him cover a race distance mileage over the course of the day. Although still not entirely comfortable with his position in the car, Nico completed 119 laps today, setting a fastest lap time of 01:12.899.

Michael Schumacher will take over from Nico tomorrow for the third and final day of this week's test.

Nico Rosberg: "I'm very pleased with our first full day of testing and we were really able to get into the programme and achieve some good work today. We successfully completed a race distance on the car's second day of running and I'm quite happy with how the car felt on the longer runs with heavy fuel. It felt like the same car, just a little bit slower, but the balance was good. We've still got some work to do on my position in the car as I dropped down by 1.5cm during the day which explains why the visibility got a little difficult towards the end but that's something we can fix before the next test. Overall it's been a positive start to our pre season testing and I'm enjoying working with the team and feeling very comfortable here."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:11.722 124
2. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber 1:12.056 96
3. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:12.256 108
4. Robert Kubica Renault 1:12.426 119
5. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:12.899 119
6. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:13.377 102
7. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:13.823 107

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm

VALENCIA TEST - DAY THREE

Date Wednesday 3 February
Driver Michael Schumacher

No of Laps 82 laps
Best Lap Time 01:12.438
Kms Covered 332km
Track Length 4.051km

Total Test Laps 280 laps
Total Test Kms 1134km

Weather Cool and sunny
Ambient Temperature Maximum 14°C

Michael Schumacher returned to the cockpit of the MGP W01 car in Valencia today for the third and final day of the first Formula One pre-season test session.

Following his first experience of the new 2010 car on Monday afternoon, Michael spent the early part of his first full day working on the set-up and developing the balance of the car. For the afternoon, the focus switched to long runs before a hydraulic problem on the car brought the day to a close one hour early.

Michael completed 82 laps today and set the third fastest time - a 01:12.438.

The next test for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team starts on Wednesday 10 February in Jerez, Spain.

Michael Schumacher: "I'm very happy to have been back in a Formula One car this week. We had a short run on Monday and then almost a full day today which has been good. The experience has been very positive and the car is running smoothly with just a small hydraulic leak which stopped us slightly early today. The main focus is on reliability and doing as many laps as we can so we're not too worried about looking at the lap times right now. It's a new challenge and a new experience for me this year but knowing Ross so well and working with him again has made it very easy and I feel at home in the team already. I'm feeling fresh and motivated and very positive about the season ahead. I can't wait to be back in the car to continue the programme in Jerez next week."

TIMES (All timings are unofficial)

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:11.470 127
2. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:12.094 80
3. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:12.438 82
4. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:12.576 97
5. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:12.951 82
6. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:13.097 75
7. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:13.669 126

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 am

JEREZ TEST - DAY ONE

Date Wednesday 10 February
Track Circuito de Jerez
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 57 laps
Best Lap Time 01:20.927
Kilometres Covered 252 km
Track Length 4.428km

Weather Rain showers
Track Temperature Maximum 14°C

Formula One's second pre-season test got underway in Jerez today for the first of eight days of testing at the Spanish circuit in the next eleven days. Nico Rosberg began the test for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team and will alternate the driving responsibilities with team-mate Michael Schumacher.

With rain showers predicted throughout the test, the first downpour arrived after only an hour of running this morning and the conditions remained wet throughout the day. Nico had time to complete a couple of short runs in the dry before the rain arrived and the test programme was changed accordingly.

Using the Bridgestone Potenza wet and intermediate tyres, Nico gave the MGP W01 car its first run-out in wet conditions, completing 57 laps over the day. Nico's fastest time of 01:20.927 which was top of the timesheets was set in the dry this morning.

Michael will take over at the wheel of the MGP W01 tomorrow for the second day of the test.

Nico Rosberg: "The car felt very good today. Compared to Valencia where I was sitting too low which affected my visibility and the set-up wasn't perfect, today I felt really comfortable and I could push so it was an enjoyable day and a good start to the test for me. Our objective here is to learn as much as possible, put miles on the car and engine to check the reliability and to make progress on our set-up work. The rain is a little frustrating but the car feels good to drive and that's what's important."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:20.927 57
2. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:21.031 84
3. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:22.243 118
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:22.895 88
5. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber 1:23.287 55
6. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:24.947 68
7. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:24.968 71
8. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:25.440 27
9. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:26.502 50
10. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 1:38.734 5

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 am

JEREZ TEST - DAY TWO

Date Thursday 11 February
Track Circuito de Jerez

No of Laps 124 laps
Best Lap Time 01:21.083
Kilometres Covered 549 km
Track Length 4.428 km

Weather Fine
Ambient Temperature Maximum 18°C
Track Temperature Maximum 23°C

Michael Schumacher joined the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team in Jerez today for the second day of this week's four-day test. After yesterday's downpours, the weather stayed dry throughout the day enabling the team to complete a comprehensive test programme with the MGP W01 car.

Michael spent the morning evaluating the different tyre compounds provided by Bridgestone alongside some chassis set-up work, before working through a race simulation programme in the afternoon. Michael completed 124 laps today making the most of the available dry track time.

Nico Rosberg will be back in the car tomorrow for the third day of the test.

Michael Schumacher: "I am very happy with how the day went today even if we could not finish our schedule completely due to red flags. However I managed to complete a lot of laps which is very precious to me. A new car, a new team and new conditions, therefore our first goal has to be to make the car reliable. Days like today help massively in that respect, especially as the weather forecast for the next few days isn't looking quite so rosy. I felt very comfortable driving the car and it was good fun today."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber 1:19.950 103
2. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:20.026 121
3. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:20.618 83
4. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:20.629 67
5. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:20.754 80
6. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:21.083 124
7. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:21.424 129
8. Robert Kubica Renault 1:22.003 103
9. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:22.043 99
10. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 1:29.964 11

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:10 pm

JEREZ TEST - DAY THREE

Date Friday 12 February
Track Circuito de Jerez
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 53 laps
Best Lap Time 01:22.820
Kilometres Covered 234 km
Track Length 4.428 km

Weather Dry start then cold and wet
Ambient Temperature Maximum 8°C
Track Temperature Maximum 11°C

Nico Rosberg was back at the wheel of the MGP W01 car in Jerez today for the third day of this week's test session although the rain returned to southern Spain to once again interrupt the track activity.

Nico had just one short run on the dry track early this morning before the rain began to fall pretty much continuously throughout the day. Adapting the test programme for the wet conditions, Nico evaluated the intermediate and wet Bridgestone Potenza tyres, alongside with race simulation exercises.

Conditions eventually became too wet by the late afternoon for any meaningful running and after a couple of practice starts and pit stops in the final thirty minutes, the team called an early end to the day, with Nico having completed 53 laps. His quickest lap time was set during the brief dry window this morning.

Michael Schumacher will take over from Nico tomorrow for the final day of the test.

Nico Rosberg: "It's unfortunate that it was once again a wet day today but we still achieved some valuable testing working on our race weekend procedures such as pit stops and pit entries. The positive side is that I felt very much home in the car and could attack on the half lap that I did in the dry so that gives me confidence and a good feeling for the test days ahead."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:19.919 76
2. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:20.736 58
3. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:21.428 48
4. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:21.603 72
5. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.783 59
6. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:22.000 68
7. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:22.820 53
8. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:23.217 120
9. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:23.985 68
10. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing 1:37.107 8

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

JEREZ TEST - DAY FOUR

Date Saturday 13 February
Track Circuito de Jerez

No of Laps 84 laps
Best Lap Time 1:20.613
Kilometres Covered 372 km
Track Length 4.428 km

Total Test Laps 318 laps
Total Test Kms 1407 km

Weather Damp start then dry and overcast
Ambient Temperature Maximum 10°C
Track Temperature Maximum 12°C

The final day of this week's test in Jerez saw Michael Schumacher back at the wheel of the MGP W01.

The day started slowly with early morning rain leaving the track still very wet for the start of the session. Michael completed a few exploratory laps before returning to the garage to wait for a dry line to emerge.

Michael went back out once the track had dried sufficiently to run on slick tyres and made full use of the remaining track time to further develop the set-up of the car. Michael completed 84 laps over the course of the day setting a quickest time of 1:20.613.

The next test for MERCEDES GP PETRONAS will start in Jerez on Wednesday 17 February.

Michael Schumacher: "We had a good day today to end this week's test programme. The weather affected us a little in the early part of the day but we were able to use our time very effectively once we could run on dry tyres. We completed everything that we wanted and were able to increase our understanding of the car a step further so overall it's been positive. It's very tough to understand the order of the teams just yet as everyone can play so much with the fuel loads. So there is a lot of speculation going on but it's very interesting!"

Ross Brawn: "It's been a difficult week weather-wise for all of the teams out in Jerez however we have achieved a significant amount of mileage in both the wet and dry conditions and completed some important test items on our pre-season testing programme. This week has enabled us to increase our understanding of both the car and the tyres and our focus for the final two tests will be to continue to develop the performance of the MGP W01 and ensure the team and our drivers are fully prepared for the first race."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:19.583 113
2. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:20.180 84
3. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:20.341 90
4. Robert Kubica Renault 1:20.358 85
5. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:20.613 84
6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.203 90
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:21.485 160
8. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:22.134 105
9. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing 1:22.912 63
10. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:24.072 98

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

JEREZ TEST - DAY ONE

Date Wednesday 17 February
Track Circuito de Jerez

No of Laps 111 laps
Best Lap Time 1:23.803
Kilometres Covered 492km
Track Length 4.428km

Weather Intermittent rain showers
Ambient Temperature Maximum 17°C
Track Temperature Maximum 21°C

The MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team began the third pre-season test at the Jerez circuit in southern Spain today with Michael Schumacher at the wheel of the MGP W01.

After last week's rain-affected test, further bad weather left the track very wet for the start of testing this morning and intermittent rain showers continued to disrupted the action throughout the day.

With the team's programme constantly adapting to suit the conditions, Michael began the day on wet tyres before switching to intermediates as a dry line began to emerge by late morning. Michael successfully completed a planned long run on dry tyres in the early afternoon before a further downpour soaked the track. Despite the interruptions, Michael completed 111 laps today, covering 492kms.

Nico Rosberg will take over the car tomorrow for the second day of the test.

Michael Schumacher: "The weather was really changing all the time today which made it difficult to follow our planned programme and to have a clear picture of everyone's performance. From the laps that we achieved, we have again confirmed the reliability of the car, and from the impressions and data gathered, we can say that the pace and performance looks very good. We have a strong basis to keep up the development this week here in Jerez and next week at the final test in Barcelona."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:22.593 103
2. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:23.017 72
3. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:23.204 72
4. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:23.322 79
5. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:23.367 77
6. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:23.803 111
7. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:24.272 28
8. Paul Di Resta Force India 1:25.088 76
9. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:26.237 59
10. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:27.320 109
11. Fairuz Fauzy Lotus 1:31.848 76
12. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 1:32.417 10

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 am

JEREZ TEST - DAY TWO

Date Thursday 18 February 2010
Track Circuito de Jerez
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 71 laps
Best Lap Time 1:28.515
Kilometres Covered 314kms
Track Length 4.428kms

Weather Wet and windy with frequent showers
Track Temperature Maximum 13°C

Nico Rosberg was back in the MGP W01 car today as the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team continued this week's test programme in Jerez, Spain. Poor weather continued to affect the testing action with frequent heavy rain showers and strong winds causing a frustrating day for the teams and drivers.

The team worked hard to make the best of the ever-changing conditions with Nico completing a wet set-up programme in the morning and focusing on race procedures including practice pit stops in the afternoon when the track conditions became too poor for any meaningful running. Nico completed 71 laps today.

Michael Schumacher will drive the MGP W01 tomorrow with Nico completing the programme on Saturday.

Nico Rosberg: "On the positive side, we achieved some good mileage today despite the conditions and completed a lot of our systems work. It was useful for me to practice pit stops and get into the routine for the races. However it has been difficult and frustrating with the weather as we're obviously not able to learn as much as we could with a dry track. But that's the same for everyone and we will hope for an improvement over the next two days."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:27.145 98
2. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:27.828 56
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:28.162 70
4. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:28.515 71
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:28.879 92
6. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:29.691 8
7. Paul Di Resta Force India 1:30.344 33
8. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 1:30.476 72
9. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:30.666 24
10. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:30.979 57
11. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:32.678 57
12. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus 1:33.554 30

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

JEREZ TEST - DAY THREE

Date Friday 19 February 2010
Track Circuito de Jerez

No of Laps 79 laps
Best Lap Time 1:21.437
Kilometres Covered 349kms
Track Length 4.428kms

Weather Mainly dry and slightly cloudy
Ambient Temperature Maximum 16°C
Track Temperature Maximum 25°C

The third day of this week's test in Jerez finally saw a break in the weather conditions and enabled Michael Schumacher to achieve some valuable dry running for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team.

After torrential downpours on Thursday night, the skies thankfully cleared today to enable the use of slick tyres for the majority of the day once the damp track had dried early this morning. Michael's programme focused on developing the set-up of the MGP W01 and evaluating various changes over longer runs. The team had a positive day with Michael completing 79 laps with a quickest lap time of 1.21.437.

Nico Rosberg will take over the car tomorrow for the fourth and final day of this week's test.

Michael Schumacher: "Today was a nice end to my testing days in Jerez this week and it was great to finally have some consistent dry running. We are on schedule with our programme but at the same time, we are well aware that there is still a lot of work ahead of us. The final test in Barcelona next week will be an important test in this respect and will give us valuable information about the performance of the car."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:19.299 115
2. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:20.115 132
3. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:20.394 101
4. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:21.432 138
5. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:21.437 79
6. Robert Kubica Renault 1:21.916 100
7. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:21.939 69
8. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber 1:22.228 28
9. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:22.564 120
10. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing 1:23.504 34
11. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus 1:23.521 68

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 pm

JEREZ TEST - DAY FOUR

Date Saturday 20 February 2010
Track Circuito de Jerez
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 130 laps
Best Lap Time 1:20.061
Kilometres Covered 576kms
Track Length 4.428kms

Total Test Laps 391 laps
Total Test Kms 1731kms

Weather Dry and cool
Ambient Temperature Maximum 16°C
Track Temperature Maximum 23°C

Nico Rosberg was at the wheel of the MGP W01 today for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team's final day of testing in Jerez which brings the eight-day programme at the Spanish circuit to its conclusion.

Nico's programme for today concentrated on chassis set-up work over longer runs alongside a tyre comparison programme. The weather stayed dry throughout enabling a very productive day for the team with Nico completing 130 laps with a quickest lap time of 1:20.061.

Nico Rosberg: "We've had a very positive day today and were able to complete a lot of valuable mileage which is a great way to end the tests here in Jerez. We've made some good progress on our set-up comparisons and learnt a lot which will be useful to prepare for the final test in Barcelona. Being able to get the laps in dry conditions has been very helpful for me to get used to the car and systems."

Ross Brawn: "The past two weeks in Jerez have seen an intensive period of testing for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team and it is very pleasing to have ended the test programme with two days of very valuable dry running for Nico and Michael. Although the conditions haven't been ideal over the two tests, we have been able to make good progress on the set-up of the car and completed a number of our systems evaluations. We still have a great deal of work ahead of us in Barcelona next week but overall we're looking in good shape for the start of the season."

The final pre-season test will start on Thursday 25 February at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona.

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:18.871 108
2. Robert Kubica Renault 1:19.114 117
3. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber 1:19.188 117
4. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:19.650 80
5. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:20.061 130
6. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:20.436 137
7. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:21.053 139
8. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:21.194 87
9. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:21.919 137
10. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 1:22.433 28
11. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1:23.470 141

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am

BARCELONA TEST - DAY ONE

Date Thursday 25 February 2010
Track Circuit de Catalunya
Driver Nico Rosberg

No of Laps 107 laps
Best Lap Time 1:22.514
Kilometres Covered 498 kms
Track Length 4.655 kms

Weather Fine
Ambient Temperature Maximum 20°C
Track Temperature Maximum 22°C

The final test before the start of the 2010 Formula One season began at the Circuit de Catalunya today as the teams geared up to make the most of the four days of testing remaining before the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Nico Rosberg kicked off the programme for the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team with much of the day spent focusing on set-up work with the MGP W01 car over longer runs alongside working on the team's race weekend procedures including qualifying and pit stop simulations. Nico completed 107 laps today with a quickest time of 1:22.514 to finish in third position on the timesheets.

Michael Schumacher will be at the wheel of the MGP W01 tomorrow to continue the team's programme.

Nico Rosberg: "We had a productive day today and we were able to learn a great deal from doing so many laps. We're making good use of the testing time that we have and I'm feeling quite confident and comfortable in the car. Aerodynamically the car will change quite significantly for the first race in Bahrain so we're not focusing on the details but on general set-up work and seeing how the car behaves over long runs. Working through the race weekend procedures and pit stops is also very useful in our preparations for Bahrain."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:21.487 109
2. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:22.407 82
3. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:22.514 107
4. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:23.144 73
5. Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:23.452 101
6. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:24.064 65
7. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:24.170 74
8. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:24.173 74
9. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:24.869 111
10. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing 1:27.057 31
11. Fairuz Fauzy Lotus 1:28.002 76

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:04 am

BARCELONA TEST - DAY TWO

Date Friday 26 February 2010
Track Circuit de Catalunya

No of Laps 85 laps
Best Lap Time 1:21.689
Kilometres Covered 396 kms
Track Length 4.655 kms

Weather Warm and sunny
Ambient Temperature Maximum 20°C
Track Temperature Maximum 28°C

Michael Schumacher was at the wheel of the MGP W01 today for the second day of the final pre-season test at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona.

Continuing the development programme which team-mate Nico Rosberg began yesterday, Michael worked on developing the balance and set-up of the car over longer runs along with further practice of the team's race weekend procedures, including pit stops and practice starts, in preparation for the first race.

Michael completed a total of 85 laps today setting a quickest lap time of 1:21.689.

Nico will be back in the car tomorrow with Michael due to conclude the four-day test on Sunday.

Michael Schumacher: "We had a positive day but it was quite stop-start with some changes on the car and then the red flags towards the end of the day. We are working hard and even if the programme doesn't run as smoothly as we would have liked, there is much more to come from the team both here and in Bahrain. We are working very well together and there is a good atmosphere within the team."

Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1:20.614 99
2. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:20.637 134
3. Pedro De La Rosa BMW Sauber 1:20.973 114
4. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:21.056 90
5. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.258 125
6. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1:21.571 104
7. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:21.689 85
8. Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:22.152 93
9. Robert Kubica Renault 1:24.912 53
10. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1:25.524 70