Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:22 am

Iowa: Andretti Green Racing preview

Driver: Danica Patrick
Car
: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick Facts:
-Patrick has four top-five finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
-Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
-Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings.
-Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the Iowa Corn Indy 250: "It was great to have a weekend off, but I'm ready to get back into the car this weekend in Iowa. I hope the Boost Mobile/Motorola car has a strong finish come Sunday and keeps us in contention for the championship."

Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.
-Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship point standings.
-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.

Tony Kanaan on the Iowa Corn Indy 250: "It's been great to have a weekend off from racing not only for me but for the Team 7-Eleven guys, but it's time to get back to work. I enjoy going to Iowa. Hopefully we can get the #11 car into victory lane; it's long overdue."

Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Team Venom Energy Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti finished third at Iowa Speedway in 2008.
-Andretti is currently eighth in the championship point standings.
-Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
-Andretti drove to a sixth-place result in the 2009 Road Runner Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway.
-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

Marco Andretti on the Iowa Corn Indy 250: "I'm looking forward to returning to Iowa Speedway. It's a track where I think the #26 car and Andretti Green as a whole have been very strong. Hideki (Mutoh) and I both finished on the podium last year, and I brought home second the year before that. Hopefully we can keep at least the podium streak alive, although maybe on the top step this year. It should be a great weekend for Team Venom Energy."

Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh finished second at the Iowa Corn Indy 250 in 2007.
-Mutoh is currently 12th in the championship point standings.
-Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the 500 in two career starts.
-Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

Hideki Mutoh on the Iowa Corn Indy 250: "It was nice to have a week off before we get back in the car and head to Iowa. I finished second last year, and it's one of my favorite tracks. My finish last year is the best finish I have had in my racing career, so I'm looking forward to this weekend."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:23 pm

NEWTON, IOWA (June 20, 2009) - Qualifying for the Iowa Corn Indy 250 was cancelled today due to track conditions. Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Hideki Mutoh and Marco Andretti will start Sunday's race by the championship points standings.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the fifth position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start seventh. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the eighth position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start 12th.

Car: #7 Boost Mobile Dallara/Honda/Firestone

"We had a pretty good day; every change we made had a positive impact on the car. I think in general we have a strong race car, but at the end of the day qualifying is really important. I wish we would've had a chance to get out and make a qualifying run because I think we could've had a higher starting position than fifth. But we will take it, have a few strong pit stops and hopefully bring home a win for the Boost Mobile car."

"I think the Team 7-Eleven car was really strong today. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to qualify because I'm positive we could've started higher than seventh. So hopefully we can get the #11 car up front and keep it there."

"We have a decent starting position for the #26 car. It's a bummer for the Venom Energy boys. They worked their tails off to get the car ready for qualifying and then qualifying got cancelled. We are going to focus our attention on the race set-up and hopefully we can keep the car up front."

"We have a pretty good car and I think we were making good changes throughout practice today. I was able to make a run at qualifying but they ended up calling it due to the chance of rain. I'm disappointed that we are starting 12th, because I was confident we had a top-10 car."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:23 pm

NEWTON, Iowa (June 21, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the seventh race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, the Iowa Corn Indy 250, at the Iowa Speedway.

Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: Started 5th, finished 9th
"We started off with a good car, but it just wasn't our day. We got a couple flat tires at the beginning of the race, which was a bummer but then we just changed up the strategy a bit, which allowed us to lead a few laps. But then the yellows started to come out and we were at the wrong place at the wrong time. But it was a top-10 finish for us, so if this is the worst finish we have this season, I can't complain."

Tony Kanaan: Started 7th, finished 14th
"I have been caught in the third turn for the past three years. I think it was a combination of the cold tires and me pushing a bit too hard. We had a good car this weekend. The Team 7-Eleven guys have been working so hard but unfortunately we keep running into bad luck. We need to keep our heads held high and focus on next weekend's race in Richmond."

Marco Andretti: Started 8th, finished 12th
"It was a character building weekend for the #26 car. After the wreck in practice on Saturday the guys did a great job rebuilding the car in time, but we weren't able to get the track time we needed for the new car. With the lack of track time, we had to set-up the car with minimual information. We did everything we could but there are only so many changes you can make during a race."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 12th, finished 3rd
"A great finish for the Formula Dream team. We had another strong run this year and it's my first podium finish for the #27 car this season. I'm glad we were able to stay up front throughout the race. I'm looking forward to Richmond."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:46 am

Richmond: Andretti Green Racing preview

Danica Patrick Facts: -Patrick has four top-five finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
-Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the SunTrust Indy Challenge: "I had a strong car last year in Richmond. The track is a challenge, but I enjoy the track. The race is exciting and I think we give the fans a good show. I think the #7 will be competitive this weekend. We have been consistent this season, and consistency is what wins championships."

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Kanaan started from the pole and won the 2008 SunTrust Indy Challenge.
-Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.
-Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship point standings.
-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.

Tony Kanaan on the SunTrust Indy Challenge: "I won in Richmond last year, the Team 7-Eleven car was strong all weekend. We started from the pole and lead most of the race. It's always nice to go back to a track were you have a record of previous wins. It's almost been a year since I won the race so I hope we have a good weekend."

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti started second in the 2008 SunTrust Challenge.
-Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

Marco Andretti on the SunTrust Indy Challenge: "I'm looking forward to returning to Richmond this weekend. I think the #26 has some unfinished business there. We were really strong last year and we in a good position to win the race. Unfortunately we changed our strategy somewhere throughout the night and I think that costs us in the end. Hopefully we'll have better luck for Team Venom Energy this time around."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh finished third at the Iowa Corn Indy 250 last weekend.
-Mutoh is currently 10th in the championship point standings.
-Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the 500 in two career starts.
-Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

Hideki Mutoh on the SunTrust Indy Challenge:

"I was unable to finish the race last year in Richmond, but I hope to this time around. Tony won the race there last year and AGR has always been strong there. We had a great finish last weekend in Iowa so I hope we can keep the momentum going for the #27 car and have another a good result this weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:32 am

Richmond: Andretti Green Racing qualifying report

RICHMOND, Virginia (June 26, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for Saturday's running of the SunTrust Indy Challenge at the Richmond International Raceway.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the 10th position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start 17th. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the 16th position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start eighth.

Live coverage of tomorrow's nights race will be provided by Versus, starting at 8 p.m. ET, be sure to tune in!

"It has been a frustrating day for the whole team. We were really strong here last year, and we are completely off our marks this year. We have to put our heads together and hopefully we can figure out what we can do between now and tomorrow. Richmond is a difficult track to pass on, so we are we need to be strong on the start, any restarts and in the pits to make up for it."

"It's hard to gage were we really are since we only had four laps of practice today. I'm really disappointed; I was looking forward to getting back to this track. I won the race from the pole last year, so I know we are capable of doing well here. We will regroup tonight after practice and see what we need to do to make the most out of the race tomorrow."

"We definitely have our work cut out for us tomorrow. I wasn't happy with my first qualifying lap and then from there we just weren't able to build the speed we needed. The #26 car was strong here last year and we'll keep working to get back to that point. I'm for sure glad that I'll have Kyle (Moyer) on my side tomorrow. I'm confident he can get us up front and I think once we're there the Venom car should be able to have a strong finish."

"I think we have a decent car. I wish we could've started farther up the field, but you never know how the race will unfold. The track was getting better as qualifying went on, so I really don't know where we would've qualified if we went out later. I hope to make my way through traffic tomorrow night and have a strong finish."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 am

Richmond: Andretti Green Racing race report

RICHMOND, Virginia (June 27, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the eighth race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, the SunTrust Indy Challenge, at the Richmond International Raceway.

Danica Patrick: Started 10th, finished 5th
"I'm really glad we were able to make another top-five finish for the Boost Mobile/Motorola car. We struggled with qualifying yesterday, but we worked really hard to figure out what we needed to do to have a good outcome. The guys did a really great job in the pits, the car felt good all night. I wish we were able to race up front with the leaders but we got caught in lapped traffic. Overall a great way to way to end a challenging weekend for Andretti Green."

Tony Kanaan: Started 17th, finished 6th
"The Team 7-Eleven crew was able to make a good night out of a rough weekend. I think we did out best and made some good decisions on the strategy. The yellows weren't always in our favor but I think we put a good show on for the fans."

Marco Andretti: Started 16th, finished 7th
"We had a really good race car, but passing was tough tonight. Track position is really important here since it's a hard track to pass on. I think we made the best out of it and got a top-10 finish for Team Venom Energy."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 8th, finished 4th
We had a great car tonight. We worked really hard to make some changes to the car after practice yesterday and our hard work paid off. The Formula Dream guys did a fantastic job in the pits and I'm really pleased with our finish. I think we could've been in position to win if the last yellow hadn't come out. I'm looking forward to Watkins Glen and hope to have a keep the momentum going."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 am

Watkins Glen: Andretti Green Racing preview

Danica Patrick Facts: -Patrick has five top-five finishes thus far in the 2009 season.

Danica Patrick on the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen: "Personally I think I have gotten stronger on the road courses over time. We tested at The Glen a few weeks ago, and overall it was a successful test. Track position is key on any road course, so qualifying is going to be very important. I know the Boost Mobile/Motorola car is ready for the challenge and I hope we have another strong finish this weekend."

Tony Kanaan Facts: -Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship point standings.
-Kanaan captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.

Tony Kanaan on the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen: "It's been a while since we raced on a road course so it is nice to race on the road course again. I had a podium (3rd) finish at Watkins Glen last year so I hope we will do well there again. It would be a good chance to get the first win for the team this year."

Marco Andretti Facts:

Marco Andretti on the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen: "The #26 car ran well at The Glen last year and I'm looking forward to returning this weekend. I think as a team AGR has learned a lot about our road course package this season; we left Long Beach with good information and were able to test there (Watkins Glen) a couple weeks ago. For me, this is as close to a home town race as it gets. It's great to have the fan support and to have so many friends at the track. I'm hoping the fans and friends get to see a strong finish for the Venom boys."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh finished fourth at the SunTrust Indy Challenge last weekend and third at Iowa the weekend before.
-Mutoh is currently 10th in the championship point standings.

Hideki Mutoh on the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen:

"We have had strong finishes the past two races and I hope to keep the trend going until the end of the season. I finished ninth last year at Watkins Glen International, so I definitely would like to have a better finish this weekend. I'm very thankful for the Formula Dream team, they have been working so hard and continue to give me a great car each weekend. So, I hope to do well and get our first win this weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 pm

WATKINS GLEN, New York (July 4, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for Sunday's running of the Camping World Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the eighth position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start tenth. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the ninth position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start 13th.

Live coverage of tomorrow's race will be provided by ABC, starting at 1 p.m. ET, be sure to tune in!

Danica Patrick:

"I think we could have gotten a little more out of the Boost Mobile/Motorola car. The last lap was our quickest but we had gained some under-steer by then. If the car had been able to stay more consistent we definitely could have started higher on the grid. There are so many good drivers this year; the field is super competitive so to be eighth is still good. This is highest start I've had on a road course this year so I think we can still pull out a strong finish."

Tony Kanaan:

"It was a frustrating day for me. We had a quick car during the first qualifying stint and I'm confident the car was capable of making the Firestone Fast Six. I think we have a strong car for tomorrow and hopefully the end result will show that."

Marco Andretti:

"I obviously would've liked to have seen the #26 car make it into the fast six. I kept pushing, but there just wasn't a lot left in the car. We decided not to make any changes from the first session to the second, and looking back we should have. Like they say, hind-sight is 20/20. A little disappointing, but I'm still confident in the Venom team and a good finish tomorrow."

Hideki Mutoh:

"We were able to make some changes between the first two sessions that made the car better. I thought there was more time in the session so I started to slow through turn seven but unfortunately the checkered flag came out by the time I got into turn ten. I think if I had one more timed lap we could have made the top six and made a run for the pole. The #27 car and AGR as a whole was strong last year so I hope for a good finish tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 pm

WATKINS GLEN, New York (July 5, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the ninth race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, Camping World Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International.

Danica Patrick: Started 7th, finished 11th
"It was a challenging race today. We were running upfront at the beginning of the race but as the day went on I started to lose the car. I was bottoming out a lot at the end of the race which made me lose position. We were really strong this morning so I'm disappointed that we ended up 11th. But overall it was a good weekend for me, I feel like I'm getting more confident on the road courses which is helpful since we are racing similar courses the next two weekends."

Tony Kanaan: Started 9th, finished 8th
"I really thought the Team 7-Eleven car was going to have a better finish today. We are working really hard to improve our race results and it's frustrating when we finish lower than we expected. I'm headed to Indy tonight to work with my engineers this week, so hopefully we can figure out what we can do to make us more competitive moving forward. I'm looking forward to getting to Toronto since it's a track I have been to many times."

Marco Andretti: Started 8th, finished 5th
"It was a great effort for the Venom boys today. The crew worked really hard and we were rewarded with a top-five finish. We went down a lap early in the race but we knew we just had to keep fighting, and the yellows came out at the right time for us. Once we were able to get back on the lead lap I was confident we had a pace that could contend with the leaders. I think our run today shows that the #26 car is headed in the right direction. I'm looking forward to Toronto."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 12th, finished 18th
"A very tough race for the #27 car. We changed our pit stop strategy at the beginning of the race and it was in our favor for a while but then the track stayed green longer than we expected. Then we lost position when we needed to pit. I really thought we could've had a stronger finish today, but it didn't pan out for us."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 am

Toronto: Andretti Green Racing preview

Danica Patrick Facts:
-Patrick has five top-five finishes and seven top-ten finishes thus far in the 2009 season.

Danica Patrick on the Honda Indy Toronto: "I'm looking forward to getting back to Toronto. I have raced there in the past back with the Atlantic series and I really enjoyed the race circuit. I think we have gotten stronger on the road and street courses over the years so I think we will be competitive this weekend. The Canadian fans are awesome; I hope the #7 car gives them a great show."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Nestle/Pure Life Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Kanaan is currently eighth in the championship point standings.
-Kanaan captured his first podium finish of 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.
-Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.

Tony Kanaan on the Honda Indy Toronto: "It is been a while since I last raced in Toronto; I'm really happy to be able to return this year. Canadians are very supportive of IndyCar Series and they are a great fans so I am looking forward to seeing them again. It will be the mid-point of the season and will hopefully bring a new beginning for us."

Car: #26 NYSE iShares Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts: -Andretti is currently seventh in the championship point standings.
-Andretti has six top-ten finishes thus far this season.

Marco Andretti on the Honda Indy Toronto: "I'm really looking forward to my first race in Toronto. The city has a great fan base and my family has such a strong history racing there. The #26 car is coming off a good finish at The Glen and I think our road and street course package is definitely getting stronger."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh has had five top-10 finishes so far this season.
-Mutoh is currently 11th in the championship point standings.

Hideki Mutoh on the Honda Indy Toronto: "It will be my first time racing in Toronto. I am very excited to get on the track since I have heard it's a great street course. I didn't finish the race last weekend in Watkins Glen so I hope we have a better weekend result."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 am

Toronto: Andretti Green Racing Friday report

"It's been a frustrating day for the #7 team. We didn't get in as many laps as we wanted to in the first session this morning. We made some changes that I thought were going to make the car better for the second session, but then I got into the wall at Turn 5 and we had to call it a day. I really needed to be able to spend some time on the track so I could get more comfortable with it, but that didn't happen. I hope we have a better day tomorrow."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/ Nestle Pure Life Dallara/Honda/Firestone

"It's good to be back here in Toronto. We were pretty happy with the Nestle Pure Life car in both sessions today, but its Friday and we are still looking for a couple of changes before tomorrow. I think we're on the right track for the weekend."

"I really enjoy the circuit here so far. I think we're doing a good job chipping away at it and learning what we need to be strong. We were hoping the track would come naturally to us, but it's a challenging track. It's difficult to tell where the #26 car really stands right now since we never got a clear lap after the we made some setup changes. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, for sure."

"Today has been tough day for the Formula Dream team. We couldn't find the grip I needed. We made some set up changes throughout the day but we couldn't find anything that was spot on. We will look at everything tonight and hopefully we will be better off come tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 am

TORONTO, Canada (July 11, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for Sunday's running of the Honda Indy Toronto on the Streets of Toronto.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the 18th position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven/Nestle Pure Life entry, will start 20th. Andretti, driver of the #26 NYSE iShares car, will start in the 17th position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start 22nd.

Live coverage of tomorrow's race will be provided by ABC, starting at 1 p.m. ET, be sure to tune in!

Danica Patrick: "It's been a pretty interesting day for us. We had a pretty decent car during this morning's session, even though it was the worst track conditions you would drive in. But once the track dried, we lost all the grip. I don't know what the solution is, but as a team we are all behind the eight-ball and it's really frustrating for me and my teammates. Anything can happen in the race tomorrow, so hopefully things will fall our way."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Nestle Pure Life Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: "It's been a frustrating day. The Nestle Pure Life guys worked really hard after this morning's incident to get the car back together. This isn't where we wanted to start for tomorrow's race but we are up for the challenge. I have to thank the guys for all their efforts today and hopefully we will have a better result tomorrow."

Marco Andretti: "It's been a rough day for AGR as a whole and all around I think the starting grid is a bit surprising. It's a tough circuit, for sure and the rain this morning made it tough to dial in on a qualifying set up. The NYSE iShares car is definitely starting farther back than we'd like. We've had a couple decent comebacks on road and street courses so hopefully we can do the same tomorrow."

Hideki Mutoh: "It's been very tough day for the Formula Dream team. This course is very challenging and we haven't been able to find the perfect setup. We will be working tonight to figure out what we can do between now and tomorrow that will lead to better results."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:51 pm

TORONTO, Canada (July 12, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti
and Hideki Mutoh completed the 10th race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, Honda Indy Toronto on the Streets of Toronto.

Danica Patrick: Started 16th, finished 6th
"You definitely have to be aggressive on street courses and today we were. We started in the back of the field and fought our way up to the front. The Boost Mobile/Motorola guys did a great job in the pits and they made the right calls the strategy. I lost a few positions on the second to last restart but I was trying to save fuel. But it's a great result considering the weekend we had. I have to thank all the fans for coming out today and I can't wait to come back next year."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Nestle Pure Life Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: Started 20th, finished 17th
"It was a disappointing weekend all around for the Nestle Pure Life team. The guys worked so hard to get the car together yesterday, which makes it even more disappointing. There at the end we had a chance to have a solid finish but made some contact and it ended our day early."

Marco Andretti: Started 17th, finished 8th
"It didn't turn out as too bad of a day for the NYSE iShares car considering it seemed to turn into an attrition race. We were able make it to the end and work our way toward the front. The #26 car was quick on the black tires so the longer stint we ran on reds cost us some time and I think we lost a little ground there. The boys did a great job in the pits all day and we're nearing the top-five in points. Overall I'm happy with the top-ten finish today."

Driver: Hideki Mutoh Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Hideki Mutoh: Started 22nd, finished 12th
"It's been a very frustrating weekend for the Formula Dream team and I am disappointed that I didn't have a better finish. We couldn't find the right setup so we had to make a pit stop to made adjustments and that put the #27 car a lap down. Hopefully Edmonton will be better for us in a couple of weeks."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

Edmonton: Andretti Green Racing preview

Danica Patrick Facts:
-Patrick is currently fifth in the championship point standings, three points behind fourth place.
-Patrick has five top-five finishes and eight top-ten finishes thus far in the 2009 season.
-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-ten finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the Rexall Edmonton Indy:

"Edmonton is definitely a challenging track; there are so many different surface changes throughout the circuit that you really need to have a car that you are comfortable driving. We have been working really hard as a team to be more competitive on the street courses, and I hope we show off our efforts this weekend. I have been pretty consistent this season, and we really need to keep the consistency on the back half of the season so we can keep our focus on the championship."

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Kanaan is currently eighth in the championship point standings.
-Kanaan captured his first podium finish of 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish. @-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
-Has led over 2,600 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series Championship.

Tony Kanaan on the Rexall Edmonton Indy: "Again I'm hoping to turn our current situation around and get a good result to show that our hard efforts are finally paying off as a team. Last year Team 7-Eleven ran pretty well but we had room for improvement. We also had a good test at Mid-Ohio a couple of weeks ago so I'm looking forward to getting back in the car this weekend in Edmonton."

Driver: Marco Andretti Car: #26 Team Mott's Clamato Caesar Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti is currently seventh in the IndyCar Series championship standings, one point out of sixth place.
-Andretti has six top-ten finishes thus far this season.

Marco Andretti on the Rexall Edmonton Indy: "I'm looking forward to Edmonton this weekend. It's a very challenging track, but I believe we have been working really hard to improve our street course program over the season. We had a tough race last year as a whole, so we're looking to have better results this weekend."

Driver: Hideki Mutoh Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh has had five top-ten finishes so far this season.
-Mutoh is currently 11th in the championship point standings.
-Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top-ten at the 500 in two career starts.

Hideki Mutoh on the Rexall Edmonton Indy:

"After the race in Toronto I was able to go back home to Japan which was a nice break. My family put me to work at the fish market but it was still nice to have a mental break from racing. I didn't finish the race in Edmonton last year so I hope we will be able to this year. We need to have a strong qualifying run and finish strong. I'm looking forward to returning to Edmonton and hopefully we will have a better result this year."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:42 am

Edmonton: Andretti Green Racing Friday report

Danica Patrick:

"I was really looking forward to the second practice session today. We made some changes to the car after this morning's practice, but then got caught up in Dan's (Wheldon) incident which cut the afternoon's session short. I think we will be back on track tomorrow but I really wanted to see if the changes we made were going to be the answer for having an ideal car for tomorrow's qualifying run."

Tony Kanaan:

"It was a tough morning session but we made a couple changes before we come back out this afternoon, which were really positive. We are headed in the right direction. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the day. It is a tough track and a lot of people are going off the course. But, overall it was a good day. Any improvement is good."

Car: #26 Team Mott's Clamato Caesar Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti: "We're making small improvements, but they're not reflecting on our lap times yet. The car is feeling better and I think that when it comes time to qualify tomorrow we'll be a lot better off. The #26 car is heading in the right direction and the improvements will start to show."

Hideki Mutoh:

"We are still struggling. We made some changes from this morning that didn't pan out. We made a change during practice that helped, but we still need to make changes before the morning session to be on track. We'll see how the morning session goes and hopefully be back towards the front before qualifying."