Discuss Formula 1 Testing

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

mick kavanagh
Getting Started
Getting Started

barcelona testing feb 25-27

Post by mick kavanagh » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:59 pm

hi everyone,im new to this forum.

i have some questions that need answering,i couldnt find this info anywhere,despite visiting all the f1 teams websites,the circuit de catalunya site and various magazine sites,as well as the official formula 1 website.

1. is the last test before the season starts open to the public?

2. will all the teams be there?

i went to the test there in november and it was great,i enjoy amateur photography ,so hopefully i can ad to my pics with new ones in feb. hope someone can help. thanks.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:38 am

Welcome to our Forums Mick,

While I don't have a definite answer for you, I can tell you that most tests at Barcelona are open to the public (for a small fee)

And as the season would be about to start, yes most if not all the teams will be there. (Unless of course there is a simultaneous test at another venue).

In any case, we will try to confirm this with the organisers soon.

And we hope to see some of those photos here :wink:

mick kavanagh
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by mick kavanagh » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 am

hi there,i hope i can find out soon,because ive booked flights then i read on a barcelona tourist site that the feb tests are closed to the public.i hope they arent.

i was gona upload some photos from the nov test but i cant see how its done. il have another quick look to see if i can do it. thanks ed.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:41 pm

mick kavanagh wrote:hi there,i hope i can find out soon,because ive booked flights then i read on a barcelona tourist site that the feb tests are closed to the public.i hope they arent.

i was gona upload some photos from the nov test but i cant see how its done. il have another quick look to see if i can do it. thanks ed.
Dear Mick,

This is from our contact at the Circuit;

We have the following provisional dates:

- 1st to 3rd of February
- 14th to 16th of February
- 19th to 22nd of February
- 25th to 27th of February

I can tell you that at the first test, nearly all the teams will attend, but at this stage we don't know which teams will attend at the other dates.

The entrance is 6€ for public and they can buy the ticket the same day at gate number 3.

Hope this helps

mick kavanagh
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by mick kavanagh » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:58 am

hi,i got an email back from circuit cat today,they said yes we can visit on the dates im goin. what a relief. i hope all the teams will be there at the last test before the season starts. its usually 5 euro in,maybe they put the prices up. anyway itsa an absolute bargain at that price. thank you ed !

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:19 am

Here is an update to the test schedule for Barcelona:

1st till the 3rd of February - Confirmed teams: Renault, McLaren, Williams, Honda, BMW-Sauber, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Force India

19th till the 21st of February - Confirmed teams: Renault, Ferrari, Toyota, Williams, Red Bull and Super Aguri
Ferrari will remain an additional day for a private test

25th till the 27th of February - All teams confirmed except Williams

14th till the 16th of April - All teams confirmed

General admission tickets cost 6 Euro, and for 10 Euro fans can get a ticket plus a Circuit prize. Spectators under 11 years of age, Circuit Members and Track Marshals enjoy free access.

Spectators can park their vehicles for free in Parking zones In6, A and C