Ferrari will dominate in 2005 (again!) - Opinion

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Ferrari will dominate in 2005 (again!) - Opinion

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:11 am

I am sorry to tell all the non Ferrari fans that 2005 will be another dominant year for Ferrari. Why ? Nothing major has changed in the team, they have a bullet proof car and they have the best driver pair because when one is in trouble the other wins.

More proof that the other's have a long way to catch Ferrari was Michael Schumachers time at Barcelona on 18/1, he was 2.291 seconds faster than Webber in second place. Michaels time of 1:14.834 was even faster than Pole time in 2005 in Barcelona
Ferrari - 6 World Championships in a row
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 am

Ferrari can't keep winning and 6 years in a row is already too much!
The motivation won't be there anymore and the other teams will be prepared unlike last year.

Ferrari don't have a driver pair to start with, they have 1 driver and 1 helper.

Oh and testing times don't mean much
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Crash
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Crash » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:04 pm

I think Ferrari probably will do well again this year. Even if the car is not the quickest on the grid, you can always count on reliability. Plus they have a couple of reasonably good drivers to boot..lol

As for Schuey`s test times from the 18th of Jan,i`ve read he was actually driving a 2004 spec Ferrari on that day, not the hybrid that conforms to the 2005 regulations.

I`m a Schuey/Ferrari fan, but even i hope they will have some stiff competition this year. Just to make the races interesting again. I`ll have mixed emotions this year i think, as i would like to see Webber doing well also as he`s an Aussie. I started watching F1 the year Alan Jones won the world championship. It would be great to see a repeat performance from Webber, but i don`t think it will be this year.

Cheers.. :wink:

350Z
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by 350Z » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:39 pm

The single set of tyres per race IMHO will hurt Ferrari the most. There are the only front runner on Bridgestone and no matter how much testing they do they won't have anywhere near as much data as Michelin and hence they will suffer more and that is the main reason why they won't dominate this year.

Can't wait till Melbourne!
The Montoya/Raikkonen battle is on!

vic
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by vic » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 am

I agree with 350Z. Bridgestone may spoil Ferrari's chances.

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:35 pm

There is always two sides to the argument!!!

Isn't it a huge advantage when your have a tyre company working exclusively for you ?

The tyre issue won't be a problem. Besides Michael is a master when it comes to taking care of his car.
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005

The Heretic

Post by The Heretic » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:25 am

Sure, you know that and i know that - but has anyone told Bridgestone?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:30 am

Do I recall tyre problems for Schuey last year on one occasion when he was under pressure?

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:37 am

In recent years we've seen Michael struggle when things aren't perfect. Last year and the year before we saw signs of his messy driving. This year expect more of that

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Michael can't remain the machine he was. It is a fact of life. Besides his luck is bound to turn and he'll struggle big time. Remember Hakkinen a few years ago when he just lost it!
One cannot stay at the top 4 ever. I just hope he is toppled before he decides to retire :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:08 pm

Schuey has only appeared "machine-like" because he has had the best car, built for him and around him, by the people he wanted. When there has been pressure his ego got in the way.of his ability :twisted:

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:38 pm

Michael is human so describing him as a machine is very unfair. Basically he is very good at what he does. Ferrari had a long drought and they wanted to win by all possible means so they gave Michael all the support he needed and Michael delivered. Pressure yes all drivers feel pressure but you got to admit that he handles it better than any other driver out there. You may not see the others struggle under pressure simply because they are not in the spotlight. Any mistake Michael does is magnified not so for the other drivers.
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:10 pm

Absolute Bulldust. Michael has been seen to be more brittle than most, when he has , rarely, been put under pressure. He has got away with blue murder. Object to this statement and I will go and get out my videos of Murray saying, over and over " well I am surprised, I am, I am surprised to to say,at the least, that there was not at least a drive thru for that, but, well I, leave it to the you, the viewer at home to make up your own minds about that, but I must say, and the Stewards are better equiped than we are,with all the modern technology, at hand these days, but none the less,I should have thought there would have been some sort of penalty handed down for for an infringement of that nature,at the least a drive thru what do you think, non-entity, yes well I remember when Jack Brabham cut up Stirling Moss, at Sebring in similar cicumstances, on turn three, on lap 33, and the , well, I supose its history repeating itself, if memory serves me well. In 95% of those "Murray Times" he was talking about a "german drvier in an italian car" carving people up. I will bet he gets no christmas cards from anyone else in F1, including Ralf. His type of driving has not changed since DMT days, if I cannot pass them, they can talk to a tree! :argue:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:44 pm

:up: :up: :up: too right mate and the guy is lucky too!

Even putting the "they can talk to a tree" aside which Villeneuve and Hill were so famously victims of, I still remember when he won at Silverstone in the pits taking a penalty !!!!, using an extra set of tyres but the stewards didn't find out (read chose to ignore) until it was too late, getting pushed out of the gravel trap (cause he is in a dangerous situation??), getting away with an illegal car in Malaysia after the FIA decides the measurement tools were incorrect and the list goes on and on and on

But his luck will run out THIS YEAR

Murray Walker, well if I am not mistaken .....

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:13 pm

You are exagerating julian and using Murray Walker' s remarks, well we all know how accurate he was!

Yes Michael in recent years wasn't under much pressure and when he did make mistakes it was when it didn't count. You may call that lucky but in actual fact you make your own luck. Michael works hard on maximising his points at every race so he can have a buffer when things go wrong.
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005