Malaysian Grand Prix (Alonso Wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Woogle
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Woogle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:58 am

Graham Ross wrote:The best info I managed to find is on this site http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1678795,00.html

The fire fighting plane (Canadair MI-DPCK) hit power lines it appears and crashed into a house. Both pilots Stefano Bandini and Claudio Rosseti were killed. Both have recently come back from Sri Lanka helping in the tsunami aid effort. :cry:

Canadair was Canada's leading aircraft manufacturer until 1986 when Bombardier acquired it. They did all sorts of aircraft (from Canadair history site - http://home.ca.inter.net/~rapickler/)
Thank You.

We can now all understand Jarno's loss as well as the families of these fine people.
Minardi Rules!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:00 pm

JayVee wrote: Rubens 10th nearly 1.5 seconds slower :shock: :shock:
I wonder what Michael's best time was :?:

What a few months make!!
1.Kimi R?ikk?nen 1:35.483

9 David Coulthard 1:36.790

10 Rubens Barrichello 1:36.878

11 Christian Klien 1:36.902

12 Michael Schumacher 1:36.982

RedBull vs ferrari, in Bahrein will be hot!!! :twisted: :P :D :D :lol: :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:04 pm

Thanks sgd,

It is amazing how slow the Ferraris were. I suspect though Michael had some sort of problem. His rear wing was getting darker all the time from oil or something.

This week, it will be interesting with Michael and Rubens testing the new car and then deciding what to bring to Bahrain. I think it will be the 05
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:18 pm

JayVee wrote:Thanks sgd,

It is amazing how slow the Ferraris were. I suspect though Michael had some sort of problem. His rear wing was getting darker all the time from oil or something.

This week, it will be interesting with Michael and Rubens testing the new car and then deciding what to bring to Bahrain. I think it will be the 05
yeah, amazing, and the test will be really interesting!! =)
I don't think that he had had any problem, he said the car were stable in the race... I've heard about MS doing great races with poor cars and all that stuff, that he's so great and so on and on and here you see him in a slow car and he not only do nothing but has been overpace, overqual. by barrichello all the way... now i don't see him as such a great driver, I've put him alongside with JV (sorry if i offend JV). he time has gone and i see (and hope for Todt) him loosing the 05 and 06 titles!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:41 pm

sgd wrote:... now i don't see him as such a great driver, I've put him alongside with JV (sorry if i offend JV). he time has gone and i see (and hope for Todt) him loosing the 05 and 06 titles!
As much as I consider Michael over-rated, I don't think he's over the hill just yet :wink:

In Malaysia he was on the harder Bridgestone while Barrichello on the soft and that explains the lap times. But he is clearly unhappy with the situation. Last year he was much faster than Barrichello here.

If the Ferrari camp struggles this year then perhaps Michael will realise that the game is over and he quits. Maybe this is the beginning of the end :shock:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:50 pm

JayVee wrote:Maybe this is the beginning of the end :shock:
I hope so!! (for Todt :twisted: )
just, as Woogle "said" (in fact he didn't), lets hope won't happen as in the 2003 after the firt 3 races... :roll:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Or maybe as Graham said, like 1980 :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers: :crush: :burnout:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Kapel wrote:I'm off to Malyasia on Saturday and if you'd see some one having a BBQ party :bouncey: on BAR Honda,it would be me :wink:
Are you back Kapel ?

How was the race from trackside ? Surprised with the results ?

There were 2 BBQ parties on BAR Honda, which one were you at :bounce: :bouncey: :bouncec: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers: :crush: :TOTW:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:51 pm

JayVee wrote:Or maybe as Graham said, like 1980 :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers: :crush: :burnout:

:D :D :D :D
I'm too young to remember that....but
is it about Webber?? :D :D :lol: :lol:

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Post by lemon_martini2 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:26 am

JayVee wrote:Or maybe as Graham said, like 1980 :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers: :crush: :burnout:
OI!!! I said that too... :D

Ah these youngsters they know not of times past...
sgd,they are refering(I hope) to Ferrari's performance in 1980.WCC the year before,they managed to struggle to get a fifth or sixth place.IIRC Villeneuve ended up with about 3 points and even failed to qualify,as did Scheckter(last year's WDC)

Hey you don't see that anymore...WDC's failing to qualify.IIRC Piquet failed to qualify in Detroit?? 1982 and then won the next race.
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:01 am

Congratulations Lemon, you just inherited my ex-wife!!! :danger: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :bounce: :bouncey: :bouncec: :coool: :alright: :crush:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:37 am

lemon_martini2 wrote:sgd,they are refering(I hope) to Ferrari's performance in 1980.WCC the year before,they managed to struggle to get a fifth or sixth place.IIRC Villeneuve ended up with about 3 points and even failed to qualify,as did Scheckter(last year's WDC)

Hey you don't see that anymore...WDC's failing to qualify.IIRC Piquet failed to qualify in Detroit?? 1982 and then won the next race.
i see, but how much does it applyes here? it seems like in those years ferreri wasn't the team to beat...

------------------

:welcome: back Julian!!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:56 am

sgd wrote:i see, but how much does it applyes here? it seems like in those years ferreri wasn't the team to beat...
Young man ....

1979 Ferrari - World Champions with 113 points
1980 Ferrari - 10th in the Championship with 8 points :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Clear enough :wink:

And yes lemon_martini2 mentiond this as well :D

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:59 am

Graham Ross wrote: Young man ....

1979 Ferrari - World Champions with 113 points
1980 Ferrari - 10th in the Championship with 8 points :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Clear enough :wink:
:oops: Clear enough!!!

so... let hope it a 1980!!! :bounce: :bouncec: :D :D :lol: :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 am

Now if only Minardi and Jordan could get their act together, ah perchance to dream :twisted:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.