Mark Webber
17%

Total votes: 18

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:27 am

JayVee wrote:
F1greyhound wrote:MARK WEBBER got more votes than KIMI or MICHAEL, that really says it all on how serious some of you guys want to be taken....

MICHAEL beaten fairly and squarely - that is wishful thinking!

Prepare for a FERRARI to show the way.

Good news for you guys is that you still can pick on the 2006 WDC MICHAEL SCHUMACHER as you will be so ingenious to be able to prove that he won only due to a teamorder preventing FELIPE MASSA to beat him. Or if you cant use this argument, that a better driver than FELIPE would have been a better match....in the end the Einsteins among yourselves think to know that EDDIE and RUBENS have been beaten only on teamorder or when it suited you better, because they are not top drivers. The 200+IQs will stress that MICHAELs success is mainly due to the suopreme speed of his car, no matter if BENETTON V8 or FERRARI whichever year.

Still time to grow up and show respect to an alltime great, folks.....
:alright: :alright:

You are sounding just like those Webber and Button fans here :D :D

Michael sure had some good results but they look great because of the preference he gets in his team.

Try to look beyond the simple words of prevent and team order, etc.... Sure if Irvine or Barrichello or Massa had a lot more points than Michael then Michael would be forced to help them but the whole demotivation of the teammate starts in the preseason. Look at how much more time Michael had in the new car compared to Massa. It is like 5 to 1 then you expect Massa to even be close to Michael. Seriously!
I don't need any excuse to come up with for Michael to beat Massa but you will need one when Massa beats him.

As for respect ? Why ? For crashing other drivers out of a race or for crashing Minardis out on their way to the grid or for spinnng off behind a safety car ? (Button did that when he was a rookie and was hammered).

Michael an all time great ? Statistically maybe but not in the hearts and minds of many people. And this year he WILL retire when he realises that he can't mix it with the young guns any more.
F1greyhound wrote:May BAHRAIN come and the best win!
:up: :up:
:cheers: :coool: :good:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:30 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
:alright: :alright:

You are sounding just like those Webber and Button fans here :D :D

But its okay to post anything good about Alonso or JV,....who are the only two who can drive a F1 car. The others are just making up the numbers
:shock: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :duel: :knight: :sling: :notme: :rolling:

Growl :x :duel: :threat: :axe: :axe: :bcomp: :conf2: :furious: :crush: :excuse:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:35 am

Julian Mayo wrote: But its okay to post anything good about Alonso or JV,....who are the only two who can drive a F1 car. The others are just making up the numbers
:shock: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :duel: :knight: :sling: :notme: :rolling:
But did I say that it is NOT okay to post anything that glorifies Webber ? That is your opinion but it just gets a tad boring when the results don't show :light:

I never said Alonso or JV are the only two who can drive. Never :no:

I say Alonso will dominate in 2006 and many are saying that too including Webber and I am saying JV will match Heidfeld. Perhaps that is optimistic to some but to me it isn't.

There are other excellent drivers out there .... there :sling:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:40 am

JayVee wrote: But did I say that it is NOT okay to post anything that glorifies Webber ? That is your opinion but it just gets a tad boring when the results don't show :light:

I say Alonso will dominate in 2006 and many are saying that too including Webber and I am saying JV will match Heidfeld. Perhaps that is optimistic to some but to me it isn't.

:that: Here here :cheers: and there there :alright: and there are...aren't there? :why:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:44 am

Snowy wrote:
JayVee wrote: But did I say that it is NOT okay to post anything that glorifies Webber ? That is your opinion but it just gets a tad boring when the results don't show :light:

:that: Here here :cheers: and there there :alright: and there are...aren't there? :why:
Yup...they're over there......no...not here!...over there..... :duel:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:43 am

heh heh, that worked :TOTW:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

K
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

...like old slippers...

Post by K » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:35 am

It's been a while but as ever you guys continue to crack me up.

Well for what it's worth here's my alternative for the non-Alonsos'-a***-kisser, of course if your a non-Schmuis'-a***-kisser it wont all be to your taste... Oh well you can't please everyone

Drivers

01 - M. Schumacher, shows the kids how it's done.

02 - Raikkonen, claws back points lost early in season due to another poor merc.

03 - Barichello, Honda on fire.

04 - Button, just shaded by Rubens.

05 - Fisichella, Flavios' new best friend.

06 - Massa, personifies the true extent of Michaels' brilliance.

07 - Motoya, falls out with Big Ron & co.

08 - Alonso, dropped three races before the end of the season just like Trulli.

09 - Webber, shows Jr how to drive an F1 car.

10 - Kovalainen, more than fills Alonsos' boots.

11 - Trulli, nice qualifying.

12 - Coulthard, better than the car.

13 - De La Rosa, steps in when JPM breaks his finger picking his nose.

14 - Ralf? Oh dear.

15 - Klien, quick(ish) in a slow car

16 - Heidfeld, does well.

17 - Rosberg Jr, hits the learning curve.

18 - Montero, consistant but boring.

19 - JV, not as good as he thinks he is.

20 - Liuzzi, can't for-fill junior category promise.

21 - Albers, makes it to the end of the season unlike some.

22 - What Speed.

23 - Sato, zero.

24 - Ide, finishes less than half of the GPs.

Constructors

All results are declared null & void after all teams are revealed to be cheating and not just Ferrari as some might have you believe. The whistle blower is Max Mosely who in a last ditch attempt to rule the world as his father would have takes all the teams earnings and runs for U.S. President. The teams declare themselves to all be winners now that Mad Max has flown the cuckoos' nest and everyone lives happily ever after.
Seven Times.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: ...like old slippers...

Post by JayVee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:04 pm

K wrote:It's been a while but as ever you guys continue to crack me up.
Or that you dissappear for a while not being able to respond :D
K wrote: 01 - M. Schumacher, shows the kids how it's done
Like he did in 2005 :rolling: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :crush: :crush:
K wrote: 06 - Massa, personifies the true extent of Michaels' brilliance.
in extracting every advantage possible from his teammate
K wrote: 08 - Alonso, dropped three races before the end of the season just like Trulli.
I guess you need to keep your hopes up :rolling: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :TOTW:
K wrote: 10 - Kovalainen, more than fills Alonsos' boots.
I look forward to these two fighting it out in 2007 :lol: :lol:
K wrote: Constructors

All results are declared null & void after all teams are revealed to be cheating and not just Ferrari as some might have you believe. The whistle blower is Max Mosely who in a last ditch attempt to rule the world as his father would have takes all the teams earnings and runs for U.S. President. The teams declare themselves to all be winners now that Mad Max has flown the cuckoos' nest and everyone lives happily ever after.
We agree on something :D

Good luck K and if you decide to dissapear, check back in a few months as I will be digging these predictions of yours up to remind you how old the old man is and how young the new champ is :horn: :horn:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:01 pm

Don't think I have to say too much after JV's reply, except to ask how you got the prediction about Alonso right :burnout:

K
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

funny stuff

Post by K » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 am

Oooooooo hand-bags at dawn then. Hey look it's just an alternative, if your gonna hold me up on it later in the season be my guest just don't expect to get one over.

As for the Alonso thing it's just obvious when you look at Favios' history of favouring one driver over another and that driver picking up all the benefits, and now he's off to McLaren at the end of the year and Kimi and JP are gonna have to leave cause Nando won't stand for a quick team-mate, I mean he knows who the man is right, he doesn't need someone capable of chellenging that, what would the point of that be?
Seven Times.

K
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Re: ...like old slippers...

Post by K » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:38 am

JayVee wrote:
K wrote:It's been a while but as ever you guys continue to crack me up.
Or that you dissappear for a while not being able to respond :D
I didn't disappear. That would be silly. I kinda watched in amusement (just a little bit), but I've been busy I'm in final year uni so I don't have time really.

Oh yeah as for
JayVee wrote:
K wrote: 01 - M. Schumacher, shows the kids how it's done
Like he did in 2005 :rolling: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :crush: :crush:

NO OBVIOUSLY NOT.

Like he did in 1994, 1995, 1997 (but making sure this time he breaks the suspension), 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004. Or Malaysia '99 that was a master-class.
Seven Times.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: funny stuff

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:32 am

K wrote:Oooooooo hand-bags at dawn then. Hey look it's just an alternative, if your gonna hold me up on it later in the season be my guest just don't expect to get one over.

As for the Alonso thing it's just obvious when you look at Favios' history of favouring one driver over another and that driver picking up all the benefits, and now he's off to McLaren at the end of the year and Kimi and JP are gonna have to leave cause Nando won't stand for a quick team-mate, I mean he knows who the man is right, he doesn't need someone capable of chellenging that, what would the point of that be?
You can only think in terms of how Michael does things :shock: :shock:

Alonso's daring move to McLaren just shows how much better he is. He is basically throwing the challenge to anyone out there willing to take him on including Kimi and Juan Pablo both of whom are excellent drivers (IMHO) and would have years more experience at McLaren. He is still going there to defend his 2nd title regardless.
But as I said before, those 2 may be running away from McLaren not wanting their careers to be destroyed just like Fisichella's :lol: :lol:

No K, whatever spin you may want to come up with, Alonso doesn't hide behind contractual clauses

All the best with your final year at Uni and enjoy it while you can before you hit real life :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:15 pm

JV, as much as Alonso may well bcome the patron saint of all that is holy, and good, he is going to Mclaren because a vodaphone cashed up Ron Denis offered him a truckload of money. Allied to that was the fact that numerous doubts exist as to Renault staying in F1. Wether true or not, these rumours would weigh heavily on any driver making a decision about his future. :bang:

Redhead
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner

Post by Redhead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:49 pm

JayVee wrote: Alonso's daring move to McLaren
:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

I cannot think of one daring thing about FA going to to Macca's
JayVee wrote: Alonso doesn't hide behind contractual clauses
Except maybe going behind Flavio's back!

Schumi going to Ferrari in '96, now that was daring!
All Italiano WDC 2007!
(OK there was a Finn, a Brazilian and a Frenchman ...........)

K
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by K » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:01 am

Hey ya know I think it could be quite daring going to McLaren, I mean they've just lost half of their design team and may loose the rest at the end of the season. They haven't won a championship/haven't been able to make a consistent car for oooo I don't care, but maybe Nandos the man to build them back up to the once great team they were just like Michael did at Ferrari, maybe he's taking a leaf out of the Grand Masters book, win a championship or two with the Great Tanned One (Flav), and then find a struggling mid-fielder to bring up to the front, I know the silver cars aren't struggling mid-fielders now but they will be next season when the Newey deficit kicks in, just look at what happened to Williams, then they're gonna need Nando to push the car to the grid.

As for throwing down a challenge to Kimi, and JP, I don't think so. If JP thought it was worth staying on then I'm sure he would, but I get the impression that he over values himself and I think Ron's had enough of paying extortionate sums for both his drivers.

I bet Kimi was leaving before Nandos' move was announced anyway, he just has a better idea of how to conduct business.

I reckon someone cheap but promising will fill the second seat at McLaren, like Hamilton, but not someone who will really challenge Nando.

As for Fisichellas' career, your having a laugh aren't you? Please look over his past teams and achievements in F1 and think about that statement again. I'm sure you'll come to a more realistic conclusion.

Oh Yeah! Have you read Alonsos' contract? How do you know what's inside it? Apparently even his manager didn't know about it, which I somehow doubt but there was a conflict of interest there so he had to cover his a#% somehow. But yeah have you read it?
Seven Times.