No votes

Total votes: 22

N. Jones
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Re: Qualifying gave everyone their positions

Post by N. Jones » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:44 am

JayVee wrote:
N. Jones wrote:Two day Qualifying - if it wasn't for that you would have seen Red in spots 1 & 2.
:?
And how did that affect the Reds more than say Alonso, Kimi or JPM ?

Pure speculation. Ferrari didn't show any of the spark they showed last year.

BTW: There was a Red in spot 2 :shock:
They didn't? Rubens came out of 11th to finish 2nd?
I cannot believe that a 7 time WDC would have been out of the points. If it wasn't for the rain he would have been in the top 5 qualifying.
I think that gives him a better chance at 1st than it does if you start 14th (or wherever he started).

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:52 pm

Graham Ross wrote:

(RE30B#16 :?: is that a Honda engine :?: )
Here's a hint: They used to call it "The One To Watch!" in the '80s. :shock:

Chris :D
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:41 pm

julian mayo wrote:: TOLEMAN, you old coot, next you will be waxing lyrical about Repco-Brabhams, and 6 wheel Tyrells. Ive only seen photographs, and remember what my Dad said about those two!! :lol:
First, thanks for the welcome all. As much as I don't like the engine thing, I'm looking forward to an interesting tactical year that just may have a few actual on track passes. Does anyone remember those? :P

Speaking of passing, the first GP I ever attended was the USGP at Detroit in 1982. Two great memories: [1] John Watson in the McLaren MP4 [ the car that signaled the beginning of McLaren's 80s dominance ] won from something like 13th on the grid passing everyone from Lauda to Mansell, Rosberg, Prost, Arnoux, deAngelis, and Pironi in the Ferrari 126C2, clearly the best car that year. [2] Eddie Cheever came in 2nd in the loud-as-hell Talbot-Ligier which had the thirsty Matra V-12 in it. :D But I digress...

Let's see: Repco-Brabhams? Sir Jack, Denny Hulme, Jochen Rindt and Jacky Ickx [ one of my favorite drivers ] drove them to victory. Jody Schekter, Ronnie Peterson, and Patrick Depailler drove the P34 to a 2nd place at Monaco and victory somewhere like Zandvoort, Holland [The Netherlands]. Did I get it right? :)

Chris
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:01 am

Sounds prettty good to me, I favoured Rindt for his flamboyant style, saw him at Pukekohe in the rain. A masterful display of nearly out of control sideways motoring. Hmmm, maybe thats why I drive a ute. :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:18 pm

RE30B#16 wrote:Here's a hint: They used to call it "The One To Watch!" in the '80s. :shock:

Chris :D
Thanks for the hint. It's a Renault of course (silly me!!)

I was actually in the states at that time, the ad I remember was for the Encore. But those weren't really Renaults were they ? They were built by Chrysler yes ?
Always wonder why there isn't any presence of Renault or Peugeot cars in the US (and Canada too ?) Some of their cars are great. Is it because they are French ?

Looks like you're also an Arnoux fan :wink: