The Year of the Thinking Driver

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

The Year of the Thinking Driver

Post by Ed » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:05 pm

The Quali-flyer gives us his views on the 2005 season on the eve of the Australian Grand Prix ... read the full article

You can add you comments by replying to this topic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:32 am

I think that the other manufacturers might have backed Ferrari into a corner re 2008. Ferrari could look a tad silly in a one make F1,strongly supported by?
Webber, Schuey, and DC are the" thinkingest" drivers out there, re round black things and the circuit variations(some suit the Bridgestone, some the michelin) will be a big factor, as will the weather (wet, wet/dry, heat etc) I think that Schuey is the main chance :cry: , given the stability of the whole team. Speed alone is not going to win this year. A string of third places for any one driver could be enough to win! :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:54 pm

I think you are underestimating the manufacturers. Bernie will eventually get it wrong and it may be this time.
I hope a deal is done as a split isn't good but it shouldn't and won't be on Ferrari terms

And you are overestimating the reds, they weren't the cars to beat this weekend and it wasn't due to those round black things :wink: The blue and yellow team looks like the team to beat and the black and silver isn't too far off.