16%
Juan Pablo Montoya
11%

Total votes: 19

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:18 am

lets hope that none of us are disappointed by the first couple of races, and stop watching F1 again. Staying up til 1am to watch the inevitable procession take place tends to kill my enthusiasm. I just have a gut feeling that if the williams is on pace, Webber can set all sorts of precedents. Everything in history was new once :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:54 pm

For the last few seasons (.... lost count now :wink: ) I have been anticipating a great season only to be dissapointed.

But I think this year I won't be!
4 teams have the ability to challenge Ferrari, at least one will make it but lets hope all 4 will, then we'll have an unforgettable season!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:14 am

julian mayo wrote:Webber can set all sorts of precedents. Everything in history was new once :lol:
Interesting stat!

Actually only once did a winningless Driver in the past switch teams and Win the championship in that year.

It was Keke Rosberg who joined Williams in 1982 from the Fittipaldi team and won the Championship that year. Rosberg's first win came that year as well.

So good luck to Webber!

Pappy_F1
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Pappy_F1 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:30 am

Hi, my name is Daniel and these are my 2005 predictions:
CONSTRUCTORS
1. Ferrari
MS - 1st, RB - 2nd
2. McLaren
KR - 3rd, JPM - 5th
3. BAR
JB - 4th, TS - 9th
4. Renault
FA - 6th, GF - 8th
5. Williams
MW - 7th, 2nd driver - 11th
6. Toyota
JT - 10th, RS - 12th
7. Sauber
FM - 16th, JV - 15th
8. Red Bull
DC - 14th, CK - 17th
9. Jordan/Midland
10. Minardi
CA - 19th
Ferrari will win the championship, but they will be challenged by McLaren. McLaren will finish second due them not being used to Montoya's driving style. BAR to finish third and score some wins this season provided Sato stops destroying the cars. The battle between fourth and fifth will be very close, but I think Renault will finish fourth and Williams fifth because Williams are signing two completely new drivers, one of which they don't even know who it is yet whereas Renault will be comfortable with Alonso and Fisichella and could even serve it up to BAR. Toyota will finally begin to get it right and be unofficially labelled "best of the rest" while Sauber won't be as competitive without Fisichella. Red Bull will have first year blues, no matter who the driver is, and Jordan/Midland will be too caught up in off-track matters to improve in their placing. Minardi will fight on bravely but still finish last. But hopefully they score a point.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:59 am

Richards leaving will drop BAR back behind Mclaren and Williams, and I dont think Button is a happy chappy despite all the platitudes we've heard. R.S. is "rs" and will be lucky to finish as high as 12th! Fischi could surprise everbody, Im looking forward to him dueling with Webber and Schuey. If Frank doesn't get better results this year gawd help everybody at Williams, Ferrari could have problems with the Bridgestones. Schuey has been in his comfort zone for so long that people forget he can get quite ragged under pressure, and do some rather bizarre things. If the Bridgestones cause problems we could well see this again. Montoya's "latin" temperament is going to make it hard for him to work with the "Iceman" and driver friction causes overdriving and slower lap times. Coulthard could well finish ahead of R.S I agree with the rest :P

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:45 pm

To julian, I really think we'll have an exciting season and may Webber finish on the podium in Oz, that would be sensational :D

Pappy_F1, predicting how the whole field will finish is very hard but here are my predictions:

1. McLaren
JPM - 1st, KR - 2nd
2. Renault
FA - 3rd, GF - 6th
3. Ferrari
MS - 4th, RB - 8th
4. Williams
MW - 5th, AP (that's another guess :wink:) - 7th
5. BAR
JB - 9th, TS - 10th
6. Sauber
FM - 11th, JV - 14th
7. Toyota
JT - 12th, RS - 16th
8. Red Bull
DC - 15th, VL (and yet another guess :wink: ) - 13th
9. Jordan
17th & 18th
10. Minardi
19th & 20th

McLaren will finally have a reliable car and with JPM and Kimi expect wonders from both as they push each other. We'll be comparing the duels between these two with Senna/Prost.
Renault have the next strongest driver combination and you'll see Alonso like you've never before. Fisichella is good and doesn't have mid-race blues like Trulli had. The Renault engine will be one of the most powerful engines this season (if not the most powerful) and their chassis is the gentlest on the tyres.
Michael will do his best but will only manage 4th and this will be the end of Ferrari domination. Rubens, 8th will be good for him!
Williams won't be as strong as expected but Webber will try his best as always and manage 5th. Pizzonia won't be that far
BAR will suffer from Richards leaving (agree with julian) and suffer from too many Honda engine failures. This year it will be evenly distributed over Button and Sato!
Felipe Massa will finish ahead of Villeneuve
Toyota will improve but their drivers won't help
Liuzzi will be rookie of the year and beat Coulthard and few other experienced drivers.
Jordan/Midland & Minardi will remain at the back of the grid

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:52 pm

I bet a case of melb. bitter stubbies (that and the Hume are the only good things to come out of melbourne :lol: ) that webber beats schuey) :wink:

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:57 pm

LOL!

But I never thought VB was that good :wink:

I am sure FerrariFan would take you on!

I am not a betting person :?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:13 pm

and you never shared a won slab on McPhilamy Park, or Skyline?I.E Moffat Bond 1,2?

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:12 am

JV will prove his worth this year. He's had such a bad time at BAR that he'll suprise everyone with his performance at Sauber.

If the Michelins turn out as superior as I think, watch some interesting duels between JV and Schuey.

FerrariFan#1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by FerrariFan#1 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:27 am

Guys the only time Ferrari and Michael won't win the title is when Michael retires, If you are lucky that will be in 2007!
Ferrari - 6 World Championships in a row
(1999 - 2004)
The 7th in 2005

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:27 am

julian mayo wrote:and you never shared a won slab on McPhilamy Park, or Skyline?I.E Moffat Bond 1,2?
.... I have yet to make it to the mountain! :shock:

JayVee wrote:JV will prove his worth this year
Sorry mate but Villeneuve is past his use by date, just like Coulthard, Ralf and Trulli.
He should have stuck with Williams or moved to Renault when he had a chance. Too many years driving a dog hurts

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:48 pm

With that,Graham, I agree.
You owe yourself one trip to the mountain,before they rip the soul out of it :cry:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:38 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Sorry mate but Villeneuve is past his use by date
You'll be surprised (and eat your words :wink: )

BTW: I agree on DC, RS and JT !!

350Z
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by 350Z » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:53 am

Guys take it easy on DC! He is a gentleman not like many other drivers

And he seems to be doing a great job in the Red Bull. Remember that this is still the old Jaguar.
He is getting old but this may be the break he needed.
The Montoya/Raikkonen battle is on!