Drivers deliberately not finishing a race

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:11 am

And I am not a ferrari hater,ferrari is vital to F1, I just think the current ferrari attitude is detrimental to the sport :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:28 am

julian mayo wrote:And I am not a ferrari hater,ferrari is vital to F1, I just think the current ferrari attitude is detrimental to the sport :lol:
And you do not find Stoddard's??

And Ron Dennis??

And Frank Williams??

Attitude detrimental??

8)
K-D

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:32 am

julian mayo wrote:yes, hence we have ferrari,yet again,standing alone, and showing no sporting attitude whatsoever :twisted:
*Cough*

You have it wrong.

The group if 9 teams (which now may actually be 7), are the one going it their own. Ferrari as the only team have signed up with the international rights holder and the international governing body, to extend their participation in the F1 championships.

The 9 teams (which now may actually be 7), have held meetings where they specifically did not invite Ferrari, they have decided not to show at a meeting called by the international regulatory body.

Being a majority does not make you right. The 9 teams (which may now actually be 7) have started a process to run their own series, it is not Ferrari who is the "odd man out" - It ias all the other team (unless 2 of them actually are not part of the 9 anyway).

8)
K-D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:50 am

no
no
no
ferrari were invited
:lol:

The Heretic

Post by The Heretic » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:32 am

Read it all, agree with it all but at the end of the day the FIA has to shoulder the blame. You can't expect the teams to put themselves at a disadvantage.

If they do not change the rules only eight cars will finish soon. It is logical.

Changing the points to make up for poorly drafted rules is just going to make it worse.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:56 am

Kapel wrote:They have now clarified on the engine rule and if BAR change their engine,they would get a penalty of 10 grid places. :D

?A distinction will now be made between failing to finish and choosing not to finish,? an FIA statement said.

?The former is normally accidental or beyond the control of the driver, while the latter is not.?

?In order to ensure the purpose of the regulation is fully respected, and unless the reason is completely clear, in future we will require the team of any driver who fails to finish the first of two races to explain the circumstances surrounding the retirement to the stewards of the meeting
.?
Thanks Kapel for the update. The full FIA statement is now available here

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:31 am

As long as the stewards have the courage to act it sounds better. However they have shown in the past they are hesitant to act, particularly in the cases of " driver error" on the part of "the Great Schumaker!" :twisted:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:34 am

Isn't there a self destruct button mounted on Michael Schumacher's steering for Barrichello's engine ? I thought that was a standard Michael requirement :shock: :shock:

Seriously can't the teams do something to the car to retire it on track ?

Of course then there is the possiblity that all the teams agree to change engines after qualifying. All will be penalised 10 places meaning no change :shock:
And before saying that Ferrari would stand alone, when it comes to their benfit they agree!!

I like the idea of starting from the pits with a delay for any engine change
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

sgd
Racer
Racer

:furious::furious::furious:

Post by sgd » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:38 am

K-D wrote: You have it wrong.

The group if 9 teams (which now may actually be 7), are the one going it their own. Ferrari as the only team have signed up with the international rights holder and the international governing body, to extend their participation in the F1 championships.

The 9 teams (which now may actually be 7), have held meetings where they specifically did not invite Ferrari, they have decided not to show at a meeting called by the international regulatory body.

Being a majority does not make you right. The 9 teams (which may now actually be 7) have started a process to run their own series, it is not Ferrari who is the "odd man out" - It ias all the other team (unless 2 of them actually are not part of the 9 anyway).
he had it wrong??? he had it wrong??? what are you talking about!!??? :furious:

All that is SO silly!!! so inocent!!! so blind-ferrari-fan!! SO WRONG!!!
do you know WHO began all the GPWC??
it was Luca Montezemolo!!!! and do you know why!!??? of course you don't!!!!! how can you write such a bs#$% not knowing anything at all!!??
Saying that all are bad and ferrari are the good angels! it was ferrari who begin the GPWC and suddenly gave the back and went with Ecclestone!! and do you know why!!?? do you think that that's because they want the best for the sport?? HAHA! because of MONEY! because Ecclestone guaranteed them the same preferences they enjoy today: today not only ferrari receive more money from FOM but in fact all the other teams have to pay ferrari! do you know why??? see this and this :furious:
The politics and ferrari tactics are the most anti-sport i've seen!! they only thing in moneyand winning not with cars and drivers but with dirty politics and tactics!! (i don't mean that they have bad cars or drivers!)

advice: if you don't know about something it's better to ...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:35 pm

SGD calm down, and keep it clean, this is all fun, MATE!!! :danger:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:40 pm

Take it easy man!

It would be no fun if we only hear our opinions

I disagree with K-D but they are all playing politics.

Ferrari will be beaten on the track and that is when they'll come down from their ivory tower and start to listen. Before that happens don't expect them to give in.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Vman
Getting Started
Getting Started

Cars finishing

Post by Vman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:50 pm

I think they have removed so many variables from the racing such as pit stops etc, that they need to balance them with more rewards with pionts and track placings. We need to see all 20 cars fighting there tyre life, body fatique and each other until the end of the race. It has been made that the first 10 laps are exciting and then it fades very rapidly for viewing after that. The new rules have left teams to ponder the best way to look forward to the next race rather to address the race at hand and follow it through to the end.

K-D
Racer
Racer

Re: :furious::furious::furious:

Post by K-D » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:31 pm

sgd wrote:
K-D wrote: You have it wrong.

he had it wrong??? he had it wrong??? what are you talking about!!??? :furious:

All that is SO silly!!! so inocent!!! so blind-ferrari-fan!! SO WRONG!!!
do you know WHO began all the GPWC??
it was Luca Montezemolo!!!! and do you know why!!??? of course you don't!!!!! how can you write such a bs#$% not knowing anything at all!!??
Saying that all are bad and ferrari are the good angels! it was ferrari who begin the GPWC and suddenly gave the back and went with Ecclestone!! and do you know why!!?? do you think that that's because they want the best for the sport?? HAHA! because of MONEY! because Ecclestone guaranteed them the same preferences they enjoy today: today not only ferrari receive more money from FOM but in fact all the other teams have to pay ferrari! do you know why??? see this and this :furious:
The politics and ferrari tactics are the most anti-sport i've seen!! they only thing in moneyand winning not with cars and drivers but with dirty politics and tactics!! (i don't mean that they have bad cars or drivers!)

advice: if you don't know about something it's better to ...
I know who started the GPWC, I know the reasoning behind it, I know who initially joined the GPWC, I know the reasoning behind it, I know who are now the more active GPWC memebers, I know the reasoning behind it, I know who have for all intents and purposes left the GPWC, I know the reasoning behind it.

All of which matters little.

He was wrong in his post, and I pointed out where and how.

Ferrari and Michael Schumacher fandom does not change the facts.

Ferrari have signed with the international regulatory body for an extended participation in the Formula One championships.

The rest of the teams have not.

You and I can agree and disagree on whom we like as drivers, and team. But we should always keep facts straight, and not let the allegiance cloud the issue.

Ferrari like all the other teams are acting in their own selfinterest. It makes no better and no worse than any of the other teams.

If you see the GPWC avenue as a better road for the future of F1, you are free to do so. For the time being either 9 or 7 other teams are to a degree following and pursueing that approach.

But that does not mean Ferrari are standing out against progress. It is the 9 or 7 that are leaving, or possibly leaving the established championships.

Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Williams, BAR, Toyota, Sauber, Red Bull, Jordan, Minardi are all following the same rules and regulations. You may not like the policy and actions of one (or more) teams(s) - But following and abiding by the regulations can never be called cheating.

8)
K-D

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:14 pm

Sounds reasonable.

Im sure FERRARIs signature with Bernie was a pure tactical move. It improves Bernies(FIA) position and puts pressure on GPDWC.

Nothing wrong with that. I bet my house that however the series will be called and whoever finally runs them from 2008 FERRARI will be on board.

Re. the photo link(Bernie and Jean) from sgd, well if thats what you build your conspiracy theory on thats a bit thin..............it is only fair that Bernie has a good relationship with Jean, just like with Ron and Frank.

But if you like to see conspiracy all over and BAD Michael and BAD FERRARI, just go on if it makes you happy guys.
YOURS IN SPORT

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:35 pm

Well Well Well.... :shock:

Guys this arguement will never end.Let have fun here and not be anti anyone.Everyteam has done something wrong sometime and everyteam acts in its own interest.

Lot of ppl are Being Anti Ferrari or Anti Michael is not gonna leave a good taste in the forum for ppl who support them(whatever their reason be,cos the same reason would apply to some team or the order eg:team order).Lets not dig the past and just talk about the present scenario :wink:
I havent heard any criticism for BAR parking their cars to use the engine loophole(which now doesnt exist).But I wonder what would have been the scene if Ferrari did this :wink: :D
An F1 Idiot!!!