32%
McLaren
32%

Total votes: 19

350Z
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by 350Z » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:26 pm

Looks like Renault and McLaren have improved. Of course you cannot discount Ferrari so I expect a fight between those three in Melbourme
The Montoya/Raikkonen battle is on!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:26 pm

Look for two dead renaults( heat exhaustion ), a mess of mangled mercedes intertwined, and M Webber on the top step :clap:

Ronnie
Getting Started
Getting Started

2005 Champions

Post by Ronnie » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:45 pm

I would love Michael Schumacher to win his 8th Drivers title and he may well do. However, nothing lasts forever and Ferrari have had it all their own way since 2000 with the exeption of the 2003 season which is what I expect this season to be, tougher for Schumacher.

I am as probably every F1 fan is dying to see Montoya vs Kimi, it should be a rivalry the like of which we will not have seen since Senna vs Prost. It's anyone's guess as to who will come out on top but I suspect Montoya will eventually be the leading McClaren driver.

My feeling is that the drivers title will be won by Montoya or Alonso with Ferrari & McClaren fighting it out for the Constructors title.

Rubens could be a dark horse for Ferrari, traditionally he is kinder on tires than Michael so the rule changes could make for a very interesting season all in all. I also think Mark Webber will win his first Grand Prix.
Ron from Ireland

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: 2005 Champions

Post by JayVee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:45 pm

Ronnie wrote:My feeling is that the drivers title will be won by Montoya or Alonso
Actually it will be Alonso 8)

Ronnie wrote:I also think Mark Webber will win his first Grand Prix.
The second person to beleive Webber will win a race this season :shock: This should make julian feel better :alright:

:welcome: Ron!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 pm

times 4 :bouncec: :drink: :up:GP wins that is, enough to win the title by 1 point from.....Barrichello :up: :alright:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:32 pm

Say what :!: Webber wins by 1 point in front of Rubens :shock: :shock:

Did I miss half the season :?: Has Michael called it a day half way :?:
Did the Renaults lose speed mid race :lol:

Warning: Dreaming ends in 11 days! :rolling:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:07 pm

Renaults have been running hot in testing, as soon as they get to melboune,40c kabbboommmmm, Jp and Schuey will be clanging each other with their helmets beforet t hey get to the the cars, the melbourne free girls will have Jenson worn out before the race, Kimmi will be looking for his pants,( not so free girls?)Sato will do a strength test on the fence at turn two on the first lap, DC will stall, and JV will run up his bum., Whats your problem disbeliever? :wtf: (note to Ed, I will settle down when the season starts, promise) (ha, he can't see the fingers crossed)

sourpuss
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by sourpuss » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:22 pm

You want a prediction eh? No matter what the FIA does, no matter what rules they implement, no matter what technical changes they enforce, this will be the year of the Stallion...yup, Ferrari again...top to bottom, best car, best tires, best crew, best financial support, best driver EVER...

Outside shot: this is a race into it but I like Williams chances as well as Renault...give the edge to BMW on this one, great car...highly reliable, and don't underestimate the importance of stamina this year w/ the new rule changes(THIS MEANS YOU MCLAREN)...

Dark Horse: Red Bull, because its very good full injector cleaner

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:51 pm

If you haven't noticed, a race was on just 2 days ago and the blue and yellow diamonds won that one and they were half a second faster than the stallions :wink:

And this best driver EVER seems to be that only when said driver starts at the front. Put him at the back and watch him struggle
China 04, Brazil 04, Australia 05 .... more to come

I'd give the diamonds much more than an outside chance!

And McLaren will be up there too. They actually finished both cars in the points (something we're not used to for the first race from McLaren :wink: )

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:29 pm

:clap:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sourpuss
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by sourpuss » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:52 am

I appreciate the response but let's not put the cart before the horse here...its only 1 race in...a little hasty to be slamming the door on Ferrari and Shu...I mean, after all its been what, 5 years in a row now? like I said previously, I'm a Williams junky...but even behind my BMW blue sunglasses, I have to see the champ fall before even thinking of taking his belt...oh, and btw, Shu has won more than a handul of races out of the pole - most recently Britian and one I attended in person Montreal(well, I still like to call it that)...

Williams & Sauber will show up in Malaysia and unfortunately so will ferrari...

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 pm

sourpuss wrote:Williams & Sauber will show up in Malaysia and unfortunately so will ferrari...
All the teams will show up in Malaysia, even Minardi :shock: :shock:

We are all speculating here but at least it looks like we'll have a close season and Ferrari is already starting from behind. That is great news

Michael is choosing to be beaten before he retires. He's had his chance to retire at the top but it seems that he still thinks he'll get 8 and 9 and 10. I don't think he'll get any more.

But that is typical, when you're at the top you think you'll never fall!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:45 pm

sourpuss wrote:I appreciate the response but let's not put the cart before the horse here...its only 1 race in...a little hasty to be slamming the door on Ferrari and Shu...I mean, after all its been what, 5 years in a row now? like I said previously, I'm a Williams junky...but even behind my BMW blue sunglasses, I have to see the champ fall before even thinking of taking his belt...oh, and btw, Shu has won more than a handul of races out of the pole - most recently Britian and one I attended in person Montreal(well, I still like to call it that)...

Williams & Sauber will show up in Malaysia and unfortunately so will ferrari...
Mate you are the one putting the cart before the horse. Despite the race last Sunday you are predicting the year of the Stallion no matter :blah: .

I'm not slamming the door on Ferrari, I was stating a few intersting facts and reminding that Renault to me have more than an outside chance :wink:

Indeed Schuey won Britain starting from 3rd behind Barrichello (so starting from 2nd for all practical purposes). Canada, yes he won it starting from 6th. Even so the odds don't look good for Michael when he doesn't start from Pole :wink:
My point though is that Michael seems to be struggling of late. Of the last 4 races he won 1 finished 7th, 12th and DNF in the other 3. That doesn't look good for a would be 8 times World Champion.

sourpuss
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by sourpuss » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:43 pm

understood...point taken!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:07 pm

R v getting our predictions right on the basis of the Australian GP??

Not quite sure, i think.

Renault definitely has the pace,Alonso showed that (13th to 3rd).Fisi drove a perfect race without any pressure,so,less stress on the tyre.

F2004M is competitive.But we wouldnt know what would have been the case if they had qualified in the top 6.We shall know that in Malaysia,if the weather holds good in the qualifying.

Same with Mclaren.Montoya had a blister whereas Kimi had to fight through the field.But it seems Mclaren are heavy on their tyre wear.

Williams were really off the pace(Sorry Julian) but they definitely need to work hard to get back to the top level.

I never thought BAR would be in contention once the Mclarens & Williams get their act together from last year blunders,but was suprised ,they were nowhere!!.

Red bull a good suprise,but qualifying handed them this glory.I think they'll be the BEST OF THE REST team.

Sauber sadly is off the pace,Toyota needs driverchange :wink: , Jordan need to get more sponsors on the car :wink: and dont wanna mention Paul Stoddart team.

I hope the weather holds in Malaysia. :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!