No votes
Tiago Monteiro
21%

Total votes: 19

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:41 am

Ok, I understand those ramifications, but a paltry $8000.00 fine for his influence on the Manchamp?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:50 am

julian mayo wrote:Ok, I understand those ramifications, but a paltry $8000.00 fine for his influence on the Manchamp?
Unless there is evidence to suggest what Pizzonia did was intentional, the championship should have nothing to do with the penalty.

stiffpaper
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by stiffpaper » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:07 pm

i think US$8000 is not enough to compensate what happened... He destroyed someone else's race. like around US$16000... the double. haha.. monty's engine was new. so due to the incident the engine may not b workin to its optimum... US$8000 is definitely too little..
Feel the adrenaline RUSH...

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:44 pm

Was Monteiro penalised in Turkey for crashing onto Montoya ? If not, why ?
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

stiffpaper
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by stiffpaper » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:54 pm

JayVee wrote:Was Monteiro penalised in Turkey for crashing onto Montoya ? If not, why ?
I suppose its due to Monty's fault.. he was being impulsive and wanted to get ahead of monteiro... anyway in turkey monteiro didnt damage the car or destroyed the race. morever monteiro had braking problems earlier... unlike Pizza... race destroyer... car destructor... heart breaker.. lolx... :D in a way it breaks my heart to see monty go back empty handed.. when the constructoer's cup was so near yet so FAR!
Feel the adrenaline RUSH...

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:21 pm

Ed wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Ok, I understand those ramifications, but a paltry $8000.00 fine for his influence on the Manchamp?
Unless there is evidence to suggest what Pizzonia did was intentional, the championship should have nothing to do with the penalty.
I think Pizzonia has unwittingly admitted fault -
I thought he saw me and when he braked really early I thought he was trying to let me by. I put my car next to him but obviously he hadn't seen me because he turned into his normal line and I couldn't avoid the crash.
"I though, I thought, I thought" - the words of a fool. He knew he was on slicks and had far greater lap speed - this is what you expect from a child on a PS2! An $8000 fine for taking out 2nd place in the name of unlapping yourself on the way to zero points?????? Total disgrace! :twisted:

I see no reason why the penalty cannot be applied to the car ie if Nick races at the next race then he cops the penalty. Pizzonia is replacing Nick after all. It's still the #8

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:54 pm

How can you penalise another driver for someone else's fault :shock: :shock:

What is the aim here ? Isn't it to punish the driver for making a mistake ?

And in any case, haven't we seen so many inconsistencies with the stewards ? I brought up Monteiro in Turkey, there are many others this year, Montiero closing the door on JV a few races ago and Michael closing the door on Heidfeld in Australia, etc ....
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:00 pm

JayVee wrote:How can you penalise another driver for someone else's fault :shock: :shock:

What is the aim here ? Isn't it to punish the driver for making a mistake ?
It's not so much a matter of penalising "another" driver - the penalty is really on the team/car. The team can then sort that out amongst themselves. It should be part and parcel of the whole sub thing - if you dont want to risk it, dont have a sub!

Otherwise any sub driver can get away with taking others out - it could be a very attractive idea for a team to order a sub to take out a rival for a measly $8000! What if the sub doesn't race again that year, or ever for that matter? Should the only penalty be money????? Maybe McLaren should just get a string od subs to take over Montoya's car and take Alonso out every race. If they ban the driver they can just use another or he just just pay the fine???????