The Belgian Grand Prix Thread (Raikkonen wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:46 am

[quote="JayVee"]Jim,

Well to start with, it isn't Kimi's luck, it is the poor reliability of the Mercedes. If Kimi was really unlucky he would have his engine failures in the race and not in practice :D

Alonso The Cute has a real chance of winning the title in Belgium. Raikkonen's luck will finally run out and his engine will fail duing the race :bounce: :TOTW:
And you'll then read all sorts of beautiful Spanish words on the forums :D

The rest, well Toyota will move ahead of Ferrari and Pizzonia will make Frank think again about his options for next year :wink:

And if it rains, Bambino driver will park it :alright:

True enough about Kimi's engine, Jay Vee; except it isn't a Merc; it's a badged Ilmore -- and if I were M. Benz, I'd be mighty angry about the publicity I was getting for my money; even if I was only paying 19.95 Euros per engine!

I hope Alonzo is a DNF at Spa because it will make the next few races so much more exciting; still, the realist in me picks him, alas, for a podium.

You sound like you believe in Pizza man, too. And I have to give you his very good showing on very short notice. Still, I hope Nick is back in his seat soon! Frank, if he gets what he deserves, will end up next year with J.V. and J.B.!!

I guess "the Bambino" is Fisi; recent Autosport has long article explaining that he isn't as bad as his record. Sounds like you disagree sharply. But same issue has an argument that Kimi isn't all that much better than Juan Pablo, either. Not the kind of thing I find convincing, I'm afraid. In the end, the only numbers that matter are how many races you WIN; not "championships" or "points" but RACES!

cheers, Jim Watt :) [/b]

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:57 am

Jim Watt wrote:I guess "the Bambino" is Fisi...
Nop, I think the Bambino driver is MShumierda... :lol: :lol:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:03 am

the Toyotas finish 4th and 5th and took over the 3rd place in the WC!!!!!!!!!!!(Ferrari 0 points, of course...)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bouncec: :bouncec: :bounce: :bounce:

Go Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mclaren finally does it's first 1-2 of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Mclaren!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bouncec: :bouncec: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!!!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 am

Jim Watt wrote:True enough about Kimi's engine, Jay Vee; except it isn't a Merc; it's a badged Ilmore -- and if I were M. Benz, I'd be mighty angry about the publicity I was getting for my money; even if I was only paying 19.95 Euros per engine!
I thought Mercedes own Ilmore :shock:
Jim Watt wrote:I hope Alonzo is a DNF at Spa because it will make the next few races so much more exciting; still, the realist in me picks him, alas, for a podium.
You can hope :D
Jim Watt wrote:You sound like you believe in Pizza man, too. And I have to give you his very good showing on very short notice. Still, I hope Nick is back in his seat soon! Frank, if he gets what he deserves, will end up next year with J.V. and J.B.!!
I think he is underrated and deserves a chance. A driver shouldn't be judged by 1 season
Jim Watt wrote:I guess "the Bambino" is Fisi; recent Autosport has long article explaining that he isn't as bad as his record. Sounds like you disagree sharply. But same issue has an argument that Kimi isn't all that much better than Juan Pablo, either. Not the kind of thing I find convincing, I'm afraid. In the end, the only numbers that matter are how many races you WIN; not "championships" or "points" but RACES!

cheers, Jim Watt :) [/b]
No, no I call Michael Schumacher the Bambino driver as he will be competing in the Bambino series from 2007 alongside Karthikeyan (the series is sponsored by Tata) :D light humour of course

Speaking of Fisichella, well that just shows how good The Cute is :D

As for numbers, well lets see:

Alonso The Cute: 65 races - 7 wins (10.77% win percentage) - 1 Season at Minardi and 3 at Renault
Kimi Raikkonen: 82 races - 7 wins (8.54 % win percentage) - 1 Season at Sauber and 4 at McLaren
Juan Pablo Montoya: 80 races - 6 wins (7.5% win percentage) - 4 Seasons at Williams and 1 at McLaren

Yes I agree :D
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:10 am

JayVee wrote:

Alonso The Cute: 65 races - 7 wins (10.77% win percentage) - 1 Season at Minardi and 3 at Renault
Kimi Raikkonen: 82 races - 7 wins (8.54 % win percentage) - 1 Season at Sauber and 4 at McLaren
Juan Pablo Montoya: 80 races - 6 wins (7.5% win percentage) - 4 Seasons at Williams and 1 at McLaren

So you should agree with me about bearichello being SUPERMEGAOVERRATED!!!!!

Barrichello, Rubens: 210 Races - 9 Wins (4.28% win percentage) - 4 Seasons at Jordan 3 at Stewart and 5 Seasons at Ferrari...

the most incredible is that he was with ferrari in such a dominant years 2000-2004 end nonetheless he has such a poor of win percentage... that is a poor driver. you understand why MS has always won, put a real teammante and see MS outQ, outRaced, etc... you can see this season that MS can win only when he has the best car... maybe he was once great, now he's a poor driver too, this season he's had barrichello nearer then ever! :? :lol:

The Meanest
2007 8 'n' Pole Runner Up
2007 8 'n' Pole Runner Up

Post by The Meanest » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:54 pm

sgd wrote:
JayVee wrote:

So you should agree with me about bearichello being SUPERMEGAOVERRATED!!!!!

Barrichello, Rubens: 210 Races - 9 Wins (4.28% win percentage) - 4 Seasons at Jordan 3 at Stewart and 5 Seasons at Ferrari...

the most incredible is that he was with ferrari in such a dominant years 2000-2004 end nonetheless he has such a poor of win percentage... that is a poor driver. you understand why MS has always won, put a real teammante and see MS outQ, outRaced, etc... you can see this season that MS can win only when he has the best car... maybe he was once great, now he's a poor driver too, this season he's had barrichello nearer then ever! :? :lol:
Dear Sgd

You are joking right??? MS a poor driver????

What facts do you base this on???????????

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:15 pm

The Meanest wrote: Dear Sgd

Never mind Meanest,dont bother about sgd writing abt Ferrari & Schumacher.He's going thru a tough time,so personal feeling do come up every now & then, on every & any occassion.(Still looking if kimi's engine failures was Ferrari/Michael's fault :wink: :lol: )

The above discussion didnt involve Michael,but sgd,his loyal personal critic,has to bring him in.Pardon him & ignore. :lol:

Relax,visit the bar in the lounge,have a vodka-redbull on me :wink:

How are doing in 8nPole this time??? :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:26 pm

The Meanest wrote: Dear Sgd

It was of course too much... from me... the fact is that as soon as he has a non-the-best car he is nowhere. anyway, I said that when i rather needed to sleep.. let say "MS is not the great he used to be".... ;)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:19 pm

1st Friday Practice session - Top 8: Raikkonen, Wurz, Fisichella, Zonta, Webber, Button, Trulli and M Schumacher

Full results - Commentary

adz_619
Banned
Banned

Post by adz_619 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:45 pm

go, go, go, Mclaren , its ure championship, and u know we dont givva effin s#$% its ure championship. U can find me in da mp4-20 rippin the cutes a#%, wid a bottle full of red bull, we got wot u needin !!!!

In da club kimi&mclaren version
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
kIMI RAIKONEN FAN 2005

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 pm

2nd Friday practice session: No times set as the session was affected by rain.

Early in the session Liuzzi crashed causing the session to be stopped. After his car was cleared and the tyre barrier fixed the session resumed but only Alonso went out for an installation lap.

Commentary

Weather forecast is for showers tomorrow as well!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:47 pm

Juan Pablo Montoya had a precautionary engine change during the first practice session however as he didn't go out this morning and this was a new engine he won't incur a penalty.

Montoya said
I didn't get the chance to run in the dry today when I had to sit out the first practice as the team had to do a precautionary engine change on my car. The second session was obviously very wet from the beginning so it was no use doing any running. At least Alex got a decent amount of laps done in the first session so we will really have to rely on his feedback. I look forward to tomorrow when the weather hopefully will be dry, but as this is Spa you never know.
Full McLaren Team and Driver Quotes following Friday practice

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:08 am

As both sessions were declared wet, team will now have until 12:00 PM on Saturday to decide which dry trye compound they wil use for qualifying and the race. (Article 74-a of the Sporting Regulations)

danilen1
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by danilen1 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:37 am

ill be pretty surprised to see kimi go the whole weekend without another engine blow up - i predict it to happen during the race :-D apparently monza followed by spa are the two hardest races on the engines in a row and his was at full throttle for qualifying and the whole of the race at monza.
Anyone hear what button had to say about this weekend? "We are not going to hold back and just let these two guys race for the championship,"
he also said something along the lines of im not going to get out of their way... :shock: Jense, do you really think your going to be in their way??!! :ROTFLMAO: :rolling:
i dont normally like to slag of button, being british and all, but come on dude! use your head, you finished 8th last week in a problem free race after qualifying 3rd!
hopefully he can have a better year next year. :up:

danilen1
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by danilen1 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:40 am

forgot to add, interestingly this race looks like having the greatest chance of being wet! and at such an important time in the championship race, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!