Total votes: 15

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:37 pm

[quote="JayVee
But earlier you say "have not been in any position" :shock: :shock:
[/quote]

It was just to make u happy :wink: thought would buy u a drink at the bar,but as u dont visit there thought to end this expression of disagreement.

Julian,wake up now!!!The spanish dancer is at the bar :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:37 pm

Kapel wrote: JayVee,i would say you go into defending a team(mayb ur fav or not,but any non-ferrari team)

Even if a driver doesnt have a chance to win a championship,would he like to have race wins against his name????I'm suprised by the way u want to believe that a driver is happy giving away his race win for his teammate to win championship!!!

After Austria'02,as team orders were banned,all team running in for championship uses different way to make sure one of their drivers win it.Ferrari does is more blatantly,which have given them a bad name in these years,but c'mon everyone does it.Thats my point!!!!
I said we are going round and round. We agree to disagree as I don't believe everyone does it.

When a team-mate has no chance of winning the championship then they don't have to help another team by taking points away from their own team-mate.
As for a driver giving away a win, that is very theoretical and hasn't happened (except of course in the case of Barrichello and DC-Hakk GA! )

Finally some here have short memories. Two classic examples of no team orders:

McLaren in 1988 when Senna and Prost fought it out to the end and Williams in 1986 when Mansell and Piquet finished 2nd and 3rd behind Prost in the McLaren.

And you still say everyone does it huh?.

Feel free to defend Ferrari's lack of sportsmanship but don't go accusing the other teams of doing the same thing in disguise
Kapel wrote: With Michael losing this year,i'm sure the tv rating & attendance at the race venue have increased.
Except in Germany :lol: :lol:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:41 pm

Kapel wrote:[quote="JayVee
But earlier you say "have not been in any position" :shock: :shock:
It was just to make u happy :wink: thought would buy u a drink at the bar,but as u dont visit there thought to end this expression of disagreement.

Julian,wake up now!!!The spanish dancer is at the bar :wink:[/quote]

Oh no she is not :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:42 pm

JayVee wrote: I said we are going round and round. We agree to disagree as I don't believe everyone does it.

When a team-mate has no chance of winning the championship then they don't have to help another team by taking points away from their own team-mate.
As for a driver giving away a win, that is very theoretical and hasn't happened (except of course in the case of Barrichello and DC-Hakk GA! )

Finally some here have short memories. Two classic examples of no team orders:

McLaren in 1988 when Senna and Prost fought it out to the end and Williams in 1986 when Mansell and Piquet finished 2nd and 3rd behind Prost in the McLaren.

And you still say everyone does it huh?.

Feel free to defend Ferrari's lack of sportsmanship but don't go accusing the other teams of doing the same thing in disguise
Kapel wrote: With Michael losing this year,i'm sure the tv rating & attendance at the race venue have increased.
Except in Germany :lol: :lol:
Done deal!!!We shall certainly never agree to this,wanna have a drink??? :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:45 pm

Kapel wrote: Done deal!!!We shall certainly never agree to this,wanna have a drink??? :wink:
Fine but what about 86 and 88 huh ? Don't agree :TOTW: :bouncey:

I'd love a drink especially after looking up some stats :D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:51 pm

rah wrote: You are of course correct. I have no facts that McLaren would be unhappy about NOT winning the WDC when it was so close. lol.

Every team gives team orders. I don't know how you believe this to be any other way.
It is a matter of principle not about being happy or not. Many things we do we may not be happy about but we still do them cause that is the right thing to do.

As for everyteam gives team orders, look up 86 and 88 for a very definte no to that statement :D

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 am

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote: You are of course correct. I have no facts that McLaren would be unhappy about NOT winning the WDC when it was so close. lol.

Every team gives team orders. I don't know how you believe this to be any other way.
It is a matter of principle not about being happy or not. Many things we do we may not be happy about but we still do them cause that is the right thing to do.

As for everyteam gives team orders, look up 86 and 88 for a very definte no to that statement :D
Read your posts. You asked me for proof that McLaren were NOT happy. I then said the above, implying that any team would be unhappy about not winning the WDC. That was what the post was about. You yourself said in the lounge you thought that McLaren were using team orders. Stop trying to turn my argument around into something that it is not.

As for 86 and 88, well it was almost 20 years ago. A lot changes in 20 years. For instance I was under 10 years old at that stage.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:19 pm

rah wrote: Read your posts. You asked me for proof that McLaren were NOT happy. I then said the above, implying that any team would be unhappy about not winning the WDC. That was what the post was about. You yourself said in the lounge you thought that McLaren were using team orders. Stop trying to turn my argument around into something that it is not.

As for 86 and 88, well it was almost 20 years ago. A lot changes in 20 years. For instance I was under 10 years old at that stage.
rah, lets not get distracted here. You said "Every team gives team orders. I don't know how you believe this to be any other way"

I just gave you a very clear example of how this has happened another way. Regardless of the time it happened :shock:

McLaren team orders, I think I made myself clear when I said when a driver has no realistic chance of winning the title then they ought not to take away points from their team-mate who is fighting for the championship. This is in no way similar to appointing a number one driver in a team from the start of the season.
What really suprised me with many here is that they complained about Fisichella giving way to Alonso yet didn't want to mention Montoya giving way to Raikkonen a race earlier. I was hoping people here would go beyond what the TV feeds them :cry:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Rah,ur still at this :shock: :shock: Come to the bar ,have a drink.

Lets agree to disagree with JayVee on this!!!( i have :wink: )
An F1 Idiot!!!

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:59 pm

Sorry Jay Vee, had i seen the race you mentioned where JPM made way for Kimi i would have said the same as i did about the cute one. Anyway i will have to do the same as Kapel and agree to disagree, just remember that the No. 2 driver at ferrari willingly signed a contract to be No.2 .
At the time RB said something along the lines of "I would rather be No 2 at a team where i can be competitive than drive for a team with no chance of scoring points". Now that he isnt scoring points he would rather be elsewhere

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:05 am

GhoGho wrote:Sorry Jay Vee, had i seen the race you mentioned where JPM made way for Kimi i would have said the same as i did about the cute one. Anyway i will have to do the same as Kapel and agree to disagree, just remember that the No. 2 driver at ferrari willingly signed a contract to be No.2 .
At the time RB said something along the lines of "I would rather be No 2 at a team where i can be competitive than drive for a team with no chance of scoring points". Now that he isnt scoring points he would rather be elsewhere

Well, by disagreeing with JV you certainly have the right to have this signature :crush: :cheers:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:27 am

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote: Read your posts. You asked me for proof that McLaren were NOT happy. I then said the above, implying that any team would be unhappy about not winning the WDC. That was what the post was about. You yourself said in the lounge you thought that McLaren were using team orders. Stop trying to turn my argument around into something that it is not.

rah, lets not get distracted here. You said "Every team gives team orders. I don't know how you believe this to be any other way"

I just gave you a very clear example of how this has happened another way. Regardless of the time it happened :shock:

McLaren team orders, I think I made myself clear when I said when a driver has no realistic chance of winning the title then they ought not to take away points from their team-mate who is fighting for the championship. This is in no way similar to appointing a number one driver in a team from the start of the season.
What really suprised me with many here is that they complained about Fisichella giving way to Alonso yet didn't want to mention Montoya giving way to Raikkonen a race earlier. I was hoping people here would go beyond what the TV feeds them :cry:
"Gives team orders" kind of lends itself to presentence. I wasn't really thinking about the glory days. But if you need to go to the ridiculous in the name of argument then thats fine.

I was also not defending Ferrari's policies at all nor even mentioning it. I was merely pointing out something about your post's.

I think I can agreee with Kappy, lets agree to disagree. However if someone re-reads all these posts and discovers what we were agrouing about then please let me know.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:33 am

As soon as I figure out how to agrou I will re-read them :shock:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:35 am

julian mayo wrote:As soon as I figure out how to agrou I will re-read them :shock:
That's it mate, you had better spell check everything you post now.

I am watching you!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:54 am

rah wrote:
julian mayo wrote:As soon as I figure out how to agrou I will re-read them :shock:
That's it mate, you had better spell check everything you post now.

I am watching you!
Spel check :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: You now thet my FRED has a life uf its own, and werks wit tha forumm gost ti prodewce wot it wunts :cry: