Christian Klien
No votes

Total votes: 15

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:24 pm

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote: I would call that as David being a pig headed stubborn driver. And I like it. To say that this was a result of the first race of a year previous is a massive leap of the imagination. McLaren philosophy would be the same as everyone elses on the grid. To win. And to satisfy their sponsors which is the same thing.
Hmmm.... and David in 98 was a softie roll-over flexible driver. Oh what a year makes :lol: :lol:

Rahs gawn ter Tassie drovin, and we don't know where he are. Said ter use his tab in ther bar. :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:27 am

Kapel wrote:
Byron Forbes wrote:The question I think you've all missed, is did the radio message to Alonso also go to Fisichella's radio as well?
Probably!!!
I would think alsmost definately as Fisi backed off on the straight and let Alonso simply drive by without any difficulty at all. Somee of the backmarkers (ferrari included) proved to be a lot more difficult for alsonso to overtake.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:45 am

JayVee wrote:Gho Gho, good point, the issue of team orders isn't clear and will most likely continue to be because it can't be enforced. Team orders are supposidly banned but so many times we see teams ordering their drivers not to fight after the final stop. Isn't that a team order ? Shouldn't they keep racing until the end of the race ? Had it been 2 drivers from different teams they would!

It appears that the 'acceptable' thing is for drivers not to help their team-mates unless they have no chance of winning the title. That however doesn't appear to apply with Ferrari who have a nominated number 1.

Renault are a fair team, in Canada Fisichella was ahead of Alonso and we saw how Fisichella didn't give way (until his car failed). At that stage Fisichella still had some hope but in Turkey he had no chance of winning the title so he was happy to help Alonso.
Renault provide the radio feed to the broadcaster. BAR do too but we don't get to hear the radio from Ferrari (except at Indy!!) or McLaren (except at the end of the race).

McLaren protesting ? Yeah did anyone notice that in Hungary Montoya let Raikkonen through on the first lap :shock: :shock: Yes he did :wink:
Ahh..., Jay Vee, you are like a breath of fresh air! you picked up on the point i was trying to make instantly. Team orders being banned will not stop the teams manipulating the outcome of their drivers positions relative to one another. a badly timed pitstop, a fueling nozzle which doesnt go on or off properly, an extended stop to remove debris from the sidepods, the possiblities are endless, and everyone considers one driver luckier than the other. I agree that Alsonso is probably quicker all round than Fisi. My point is that while Ferrari get labled as cheaters for being very open about their policyof a number one and number two driver,other teams get called "good guys" for letting their drivers race (while subtly manipulating their drivers position) .
Team orders (in the case of ferrari as so many will have it) or tactics (in the case of all other teams) have always been around and will continue to be part of the sport.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:30 pm

Thanks Gho Gho,for taking my position.

JayVee , now u can have a go :wink: :lol: at him too :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 pm

And while she is ripping you to pieces, I can be creating a conspiracy theory elsewhere!!! :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:18 pm

julian mayo wrote:And while she is ripping you to pieces, I can be creating a conspiracy theory elsewhere!!! :lol:
Any new one thats wandering ur mind??? :wink:

Hmm like Hakkinen joining BMW :?: :roll: :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Cringe

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Post by lemon_martini2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:48 am

Here in UK we got the radio message coming through live.The exact words were...'You are faster than Fisichella,so go ahead and overtake if you can'.

In other words...you're lapping faster than him,so get a move on and pass him-don't spend a lap behind him whilst the guy behind is catching up.

ITV also listened in to other radio links...on a couple of other occasions a similar message was given to other drivers-you are faster than the guy ahead,get a move on and try and pass him-and this was when the driver ahead was in a different team.
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:34 am

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote: I would call that as David being a pig headed stubborn driver. And I like it. To say that this was a result of the first race of a year previous is a massive leap of the imagination. McLaren philosophy would be the same as everyone elses on the grid. To win. And to satisfy their sponsors which is the same thing.
Hmmm.... and David in 98 was a softie roll-over flexible driver. Oh what a year makes :lol: :lol:
I am a bit scrambled in the brain after the boat rides lately, but wasn't the result from 98 because of an agreement between the drivers on who got to the first corner first?
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:15 pm

GhoGho wrote:
JayVee wrote:Gho Gho, good point, the issue of team orders isn't clear and will most likely continue to be because it can't be enforced. Team orders are supposidly banned but so many times we see teams ordering their drivers not to fight after the final stop. Isn't that a team order ? Shouldn't they keep racing until the end of the race ? Had it been 2 drivers from different teams they would!

It appears that the 'acceptable' thing is for drivers not to help their team-mates unless they have no chance of winning the title. That however doesn't appear to apply with Ferrari who have a nominated number 1.

Renault are a fair team, in Canada Fisichella was ahead of Alonso and we saw how Fisichella didn't give way (until his car failed). At that stage Fisichella still had some hope but in Turkey he had no chance of winning the title so he was happy to help Alonso.
Renault provide the radio feed to the broadcaster. BAR do too but we don't get to hear the radio from Ferrari (except at Indy!!) or McLaren (except at the end of the race).

McLaren protesting ? Yeah did anyone notice that in Hungary Montoya let Raikkonen through on the first lap :shock: :shock: Yes he did :wink:
Ahh..., Jay Vee, you are like a breath of fresh air! you picked up on the point i was trying to make instantly. Team orders being banned will not stop the teams manipulating the outcome of their drivers positions relative to one another. a badly timed pitstop, a fueling nozzle which doesnt go on or off properly, an extended stop to remove debris from the sidepods, the possiblities are endless, and everyone considers one driver luckier than the other. I agree that Alsonso is probably quicker all round than Fisi. My point is that while Ferrari get labled as cheaters for being very open about their policyof a number one and number two driver,other teams get called "good guys" for letting their drivers race (while subtly manipulating their drivers position) .
Team orders (in the case of ferrari as so many will have it) or tactics (in the case of all other teams) have always been around and will continue to be part of the sport.
GhoGho,

Let me clarify that I never called Ferrari cheaters, feel free to check but others have done that before. To me they are prepared to do whatever it takes even if it means going outside the spirit of the rules. That is their philosphy and Austria in the past and their unlimited testing this year are just two examples. Many Formula 1 fans (including myself) don't like Ferrari for this reason.

Tactics by the other teams, well that is just a conspiracy brought by the Ferrari camp to try and convince us that the other teams do the same. Well they don't, why ? simple, let me tell you that a team wouldn't hurt one of their driver's chances for the sake of the other unless the two were comfortably in the lead as if they do they could also lose places to other drivers and hurt their own constructors championship and no team would do that. It is as simple as that.

On Renault, please find me 1 incident were the 2 drivers were way ahead and Fisichella was delayed in the pits by a fuel nozzle or a wing change. You'll find NONE.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:17 pm

rah wrote:
JayVee wrote:
I am a bit scrambled in the brain after the boat rides lately, but wasn't the result from 98 because of an agreement between the drivers on who got to the first corner first?
Well it is either a gentleman's agreement or a team order. Please verify with Kapel (cause he brought it up) and then decide. It can't be used as a team order if a few posts later it is argued that it isn't :D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm

lemon_martini2 wrote:Here in UK we got the radio message coming through live.The exact words were...'You are faster than Fisichella,so go ahead and overtake if you can'.

In other words...you're lapping faster than him,so get a move on and pass him-don't spend a lap behind him whilst the guy behind is catching up.

ITV also listened in to other radio links...on a couple of other occasions a similar message was given to other drivers-you are faster than the guy ahead,get a move on and try and pass him-and this was when the driver ahead was in a different team.
Renault make their radio conversations available to the TV broadcasters, I wonder why doesn't Ferrari provide that ? (Indy was an exception of course but they had no choice then!!, even then there were team orders, and people still defend Ferrari :crush: )

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:18 am

The team order rule is simply there for the very basic fan who would be turned off by the idea of races being determined by a radio order. It is completely unpoliceable and only teams foolish enough to not be discrete would ever be bothered by it. It will always be a reality in motorsport, especially in F1.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:47 am

JayVee wrote: GhoGho,

Let me clarify that I never called Ferrari cheaters, feel free to check but others have done that before. To me they are prepared to do whatever it takes even if it means going outside the spirit of the rules. That is their philosphy and Austria in the past and their unlimited testing this year are just two examples. Many Formula 1 fans (including myself) don't like Ferrari for this reason.

Tactics by the other teams, well that is just a conspiracy brought by the Ferrari camp to try and convince us that the other teams do the same. Well they don't, why ? simple, let me tell you that a team wouldn't hurt one of their driver's chances for the sake of the other unless the two were comfortably in the lead as if they do they could also lose places to other drivers and hurt their own constructors championship and no team would do that. It is as simple as that.

On Renault, please find me 1 incident were the 2 drivers were way ahead and Fisichella was delayed in the pits by a fuel nozzle or a wing change. You'll find NONE.
Jay Vee,
i apologize for any offence taken, none was intended.

My point was merely that team orders/tactics/gentlemans agreements have been around forever in mororsport and particularly in F1, this is not going to change.

Anyway today I read "Flavio Briatore has denied that Renault imposed illegal team orders in the Turkish grand prix." so that just makes me feel really bad for even thinking it may just be possible.........
:oops: :cheers:
:drink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:33 am

GhoGho wrote:
JayVee wrote: GhoGho,

Jay Vee,
i apologize for any offence taken, none was intended.

My point was merely that team orders/tactics/gentlemans agreements have been around forever in mororsport and particularly in F1, this is not going to change.

Anyway today I read "Flavio Briatore has denied that Renault imposed illegal team orders in the Turkish grand prix." so that just makes me feel really bad for even thinking it may just be possible.........
:oops: :cheers:
:drink:

Just learn to bow, scrape, fawn, tug your forelock, mutter "yes your Majesty" repeatedly" and you will survive. I personally, on getting out of bed in the morning, bow deeply in her direction and say " Good morning your Worshipness as your obedient servant I await with trepidation your next post", ......it must work, I am still alive :lol: