21%
Takuma Sato
No votes

Total votes: 14

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:32 am

rah wrote:I think just looking at the stats is a bits silly, there are many arguments to and for the both of them. Don't just look at the stats people.
Stats, damned stats, and lies, eh?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:19 pm

Well comparing the places gained through the race is not much of a comparison when when one driver starts behind the other alot more. I think we can all agree that it is easier to overtake a slower car than a faster car.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:33 pm

Didnt watch it live though,but i would put KIMI as my driver of the race,not for his win,but for :-
1.Good start.
2.Avoiding first corner inccident.
3.Keeping up with Michael,as the Ferrari was fast in the first stint :shock:
4.Not breaking his car down & driving home in the last part of the race rather than going for fastest lap.

Looks like Alonso & Kimi have decided to give each other 10 points when one of them dont finish in the earlier race.Bad luck for Alonso,but what was suprising to me was the lack of speed of Renault & wrong choice of tyre.I would have expected Renault to have changed their strategy while changing his nose & make him run longer stints(like kimi has done when penalised in quali) & make up places.But Renault simply lacked pace.

Ferrai have come up with a tyre for 21 laps,hope to see them improve till 42 in the next few races & mayb by the end of the year win a couple of them.

Toyota i think did very well.Brilliant startegy & with a bit of luck they made the most out of it.

Was suprised again with the lack of pace from BAR,wrong tyre choice again.

Williams were lucky to be the position as they were never threatning to anyone.

My biggest disappointment was for MONTOYA.He could have won the race comfortably & mayb in the end would have let Kimi by,but i think Mclaren pray to their Gods only for half hour instead of one full hour.
Wonder which race will we see Mclaren 1-2. :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Theres an iced tea waiting for you in the bar, and a pair of dry socks :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:01 pm

julian mayo wrote:Theres an iced tea waiting for you in the bar, and a pair of dry socks :lol:
Thanks Julian, the iced tea was quite refreshing & hey y red colour socks??? :shock: R they from your Ferrari loving days :wink: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:07 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Theres an iced tea waiting for you in the bar, and a pair of dry socks :lol:
Thanks Julian, the iced tea was quite refreshing & hey y red colour socks??? :shock: R they from your Ferrari loving days :wink: :lol:
In case you go head down, we can find you !!!

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:53 am

Kapel wrote: Ferrai have come up with a tyre for 21 laps,hope to see them improve till 42 in the next few races & mayb by the end of the year win a couple of them.
They had that same tyre last year! Good qualifying tyre, good 2 stop strategy tyre. Pity someone forgot they can't change them anymore. :lol: :lol:

Well at least it keeps the sponsors a bit happier :oops:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 am

Kapel wrote: ... Bad luck for Alonso,but what was suprising to me was the lack of speed of Renault & wrong choice of tyre.I would have expected Renault to have changed their strategy while changing his nose & make him run longer stints(like kimi has done when penalised in quali) & make up places.But Renault simply lacked pace. .....
Alonso's car was damaged and the team had to drop its revs and that is why it wasn't fast in the race, even if it was, in Hungary it would have been very hard to improve.
Kapel wrote: My biggest disappointment was for MONTOYA.He could have won the race comfortably & mayb in the end would have let Kimi by,but i think Mclaren pray to their Gods only for half hour instead of one full hour.
Wonder which race will we see Mclaren 1-2. :roll:
Montoya will not yield to Kimi unless he has no chance himself but you just like to stir don't you :D
A McLaren 1-2, I doubt it, they seem to take turns in retiring :lol:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:23 am

rah wrote:I think just looking at the stats is a bits silly, there are many arguments to and for the both of them. Don't just look at the stats people.
I agree stats can be juggled to make a bad story look good and the other way around but if Webber is supposed to be half a second a lap quicker than anyone else in the same car (as someone named julian claims :D ) you'd think that the points tally would be hugely in favour of Webber after 13 races

What annoys me is the blind defense of Webber, the same way some other people blindly defend the Bambino driver :D and I would hate to put them in the same category.

Maybe that is why Webber is not doing so well, maybe he needs someone close to him criticise him than tell him how great he is cause at the moment he aint!
Sure he hasn't been lucky, moving to William gave him high expectations of wins but it didn't happen and now a Cosworth deal and Webber is probably already dissapointed with his prospect for 06.
Perhaps he can look at Renault and see what an amazing job they have done in 4 years. From a car that qualified alongside Minardi to a title winning car. That includes a full engine design change half way and on a budget that is not even half of Ferrari's :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:20 pm

why are people writing off Cosworth, with their vast experience of producing race winning V8s?

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:01 pm

JayVee wrote:
I agree stats can be juggled to make a bad story look good and the other way around but if Webber is supposed to be half a second a lap quicker than anyone else in the same car (as someone named julian claims :D ) you'd think that the points tally would be hugely in favour of Webber after 13 races

What annoys me is the blind defense of Webber, the same way some other people blindly defend the Bambino driver :D and I would hate to put them in the same category.

Maybe that is why Webber is not doing so well, maybe he needs someone close to him criticise him than tell him how great he is cause at the moment he aint!
Sure he hasn't been lucky, moving to William gave him high expectations of wins but it didn't happen and now a Cosworth deal and Webber is probably already dissapointed with his prospect for 06.
Perhaps he can look at Renault and see what an amazing job they have done in 4 years. From a car that qualified alongside Minardi to a title winning car. That includes a full engine design change half way and on a budget that is not even half of Ferrari's :shock:
I am sure that Webber is one of the only people in the paddock with a realistic view of himself. I doubt too many people are telling him how great he is. Those people must be following Button around.

He might be looking at Renault, but only at Fisi's seat. He really doesn't have too much to do with the development of the car or how the budget is used at Williams.

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm

julian mayo wrote:why are people writing off Cosworth, with their vast experience of producing race winning V8s?
Agreed. When in the Jaguar, there were times the Cosworth seemed as good as any engine. The chassis was just no good with the tyres after a few laps. Webber could never have done some of the things he did in qual with the Jag if the Cosworth was no good.

I would be neither surprised nor disappointed if Williams went with Cosworth next year and stayed with them for many. Ford would probably be very interested in this developement in fact - finally some long overdue F1 success for them?

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Byron Forbes wrote:
julian mayo wrote:why are people writing off Cosworth, with their vast experience of producing race winning V8s?
Agreed. When in the Jaguar, there were times the Cosworth seemed as good as any engine. The chassis was just no good with the tyres after a few laps. Webber could never have done some of the things he did in qual with the Jag if the Cosworth was no good.

I would be neither surprised nor disappointed if Williams went with Cosworth next year and stayed with them for many. Ford would probably be very interested in this developement in fact - finally some long overdue F1 success for them?
Well ford might have a passing interest because of the name association, but Ford sold Cosworth a year or so ago.

However I am sure someone will corect me if I am wrong.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:31 pm

Cosworth is now owned by one of the "big wheels" in American racing and a couple of other fellas, Mfer has the details. I believe it is a done deal with Williams and Cosworth for 'o6, and very close to a done deal with a Lexus badged Toyota for '07 & '08.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:34 pm

JayVee wrote: Montoya will not yield to Kimi unless he has no chance himself but you just like to stir don't you :D
Nah :wink: But i think ,as JPM has mentioned earlier,he would have let Kimi go as there r only 6 races left!! :(

A McLaren 1-2, I doubt it, they seem to take turns in retiring :lol:
With the break,i hope things to do a U turn on Renault :roll: with Mclaren style finishes :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!