No votes
Jacques Villeneuve
No votes

Total votes: 12

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:17 pm

Alonso The Cute wins in the Renault on Michelins in France :1st: :cheers: :drink: :TOTW:

Two drivers matter in F1, Alonso and Raikkonen, the rest just make the numbers

I enjoyed every bit of the race and I enjoyed every bit of the podium ceremony :D

And it was great to see all those Blue and Yellow flags for a change :mrgreen:

I should do well in 8 'n' Pole :bounce: :bouncey:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:37 pm

Very ordinary race in terms of spectacle(except Sato,who was brilliant :wink: )

Want to blame Truli for Kimi's loss here,but again not his fault.Kimi tried his best but the initial stint by Alonso cost him the race.

My heart goes out to Montoya.Like Fisichella,Montoya is taking most of the bad for Mclaren this year.Sad for him,hope he can come back with a win at Siverstone.

Alonso was flawless today,drove a perfect race & deserves the appreciation.

Well done Michelins!!!

Michael drove well for his 3rd with his ailing Ferrari.I doubt Ferrari will win any races this year(not counting US GP)

Barrichello was ordinary,though he had brake problems,he was very ordinary.Ralf was lucky to be handed 7th place by JV.
Button was i think the best of the rest(After Alonso-Kimi) & no BARBBQ.Sato was the most spectacular driver on the track & he gravel trap visits made this boring race exiciting.

Narain finally finished the race,though behind Monteiro,without 3rd & 5th gear.

Dont even feel the need to mention Williams now.

8)
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:38 pm

JayVee wrote:Alonso The Cute wins in the Renault on Michelins in France :1st: :cheers: :drink: :TOTW:

Two drivers matter in F1, Alonso and Raikkonen, the rest just make the numbers

I enjoyed every bit of the race and I enjoyed every bit of the podium ceremony :D

And it was great to see all those Blue and Yellow flags for a change :mrgreen:

I should do well in 8 'n' Pole :bounce: :bouncey:
Fickle female, I am sure that JV will be delighted to know he just makes up the numbers. And if Kimi and Alonso hit a rough patch, who will be the next to earn your wishy washy, temporary, adulation. :?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:38 pm

julian mayo wrote: Fickle female, I am sure that JV will be delighted to know he just makes up the numbers. And if Kimi and Alonso hit a rough patch, who will be the next to earn your wishy washy, temporary, adulation. :?
Sauber aren't going for the title are they julian ? Sadly JV's adventure with BAR forced him to drive for Sauber this year and only in a freak race would JV win in a Sauber.

10 drivers drive for the 5 top teams in F1 (IMHO) and only 2 drivers (Alonso and Raikkonen) of those 10 matter this year. Is that less fickle :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:01 am

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote: Fickle female, I am sure that JV will be delighted to know he just makes up the numbers. And if Kimi and Alonso hit a rough patch, who will be the next to earn your wishy washy, temporary, adulation. :?
Sauber aren't going for the title are they julian ? Sadly JV's adventure with BAR forced him to drive for Sauber this year and only in a freak race would JV win in a Sauber.

10 drivers drive for the 5 top teams in F1 (IMHO) and only 2 drivers (Alonso and Raikkonen) of those 10 matter this year. Is that less fickle :D
As long as you stick with" Alonso the Alsoran" next season it might be acceptable :? :D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

What if Alonso switches to Ferrari with Michael retiring???
JV??
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:59 pm

Kapel wrote:What if Alonso switches to Ferrari with Michael retiring???
JV??
????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trouble is, when schuey goes so will Todt, Brawn, and half the team.! The salad days for Ferrari are gone, :shock:
Ralf reportedly said recently that his brother is not enjoying racing as much, and Mrs Schuey is getting a bit tired of the GP life, plus Schueys castle is taking a lot of his time. :shock:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 pm

julian mayo wrote:
JV??

trouble is, when schuey goes so will Todt, Brawn, and half the team.! The salad days for Ferrari are gone, :shock:
Ralf reportedly said recently that his brother is not enjoying racing as much, and Mrs Schuey is getting a bit tired of the GP life, plus Schueys castle is taking a lot of his time. :shock:
Balbir Singh,Michael's personal trainer is retiring to take care of his Castle thing :shock: :shock: :wink:

IF Michael doesnt win this year(which i think is now very difficult) he would opt to retire.

Todt & Brawn would hang around for a few years to settle Kimi or Alonso :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
JV??

Balbir Singh,Michael's personal trainer is retiring to take care of his Castle thing :shock: :shock: :wink:

IF Michael doesnt win this year(which i think is now very difficult) he would opt to retire.

Todt & Brawn would hang around for a few years to settle Kimi or Alonso :roll:
I bet 2 rupiah that they shoulder Schuey aside at the doorway, the moment Schuey says quits ! :D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:12 pm

NAh,Ferrari cant be that cruel to him :lol: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:16 pm

Isn't it interesting that 2 tyre related failures by Bridgestone causing 2 drivers to go off with one of them crashing went unnoticed ?

Stoddart said "It?s disappointing that both cars retired today as the result of the valve caps not being refitted to the left rear tyres after the drivers? second pit stops. In co-operation with our tyre partner, Bridgestone, we will be investigating the issue further, to understand why it happened and to ensure there is no repeat of the problem"

Isn't this a serious safety concern ? Will the FIA remind Bridgestone about their safety obligations ?
Or is it just because it happened to Minardi, then no one cares ?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:22 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Isn't it interesting that 2 tyre related failures by Bridgestone causing 2 drivers to go off with one of them crashing went unnoticed ?

Stoddart said "It?s disappointing that both cars retired today as the result of the valve caps not being refitted to the left rear tyres after the drivers? second pit stops. In co-operation with our tyre partner, Bridgestone, we will be investigating the issue further, to understand why it happened and to ensure there is no repeat of the problem"

Isn't this a serious safety concern ? Will the FIA remind Bridgestone about their safety obligations ?
Or is it just because it happened to Minardi, then no one cares ?
I think Max might have snuck in and taken the valve caps off, hoping Stoddy would go for a drive. :shock:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:53 pm

Graham,i agree its a safety concern here.
But Mad Max couldnt afford another political battle,especially when its Stoddart in opposition. :wink:

Bridgestone had asked them to change the valves during the pitstop,dunno what happened there. :? :shock:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

The French Parade

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:12 am

:zzz: :zzz: The race was so... boring. I spent most of it praying for a Michelin disaster :furious: I guess Fernando the Cute is good for F1? but wouldn't it be even better for F1 if the drivers could race one another??!!

Kimi put on his usual excellent race and Michael checked in for a few laps, other than that... boring boring boring

Still, have to admit that Jay Vee called it :roll:

and I didn't :oops:

See my 8 n pole note for my new, reformed, take on the season.

Jim Watt

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: The French Parade

Post by JayVee » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:16 am

Jim Watt wrote::zzz: :zzz: The race was so... boring. I spent most of it praying for a Michelin disaster :furious: I guess Fernando the Cute is good for F1? but wouldn't it be even better for F1 if the drivers could race one another??!!

Kimi put on his usual excellent race and Michael checked in for a few laps, other than that... boring boring boring

Still, have to admit that Jay Vee called it :roll:

and I didn't :oops:

See my 8 n pole note for my new, reformed, take on the season.

Jim Watt
:alright: Jim. It takes a few times watching Alonso The Cute until you reialise he is the best out there.

I know many who are saying Kimi would have won if he wasn't penalised :blah2:

Well check this, Alonso's fastest lap was 1:16.502 on lap 5, Raikkonen's fastest lap was 1:16.423 on lap 25

Alonso was far far heavier yet was under a tenth slower. He didn't need to push !!!

Oh so much posts, so little time .... :(