Patrick Friesacher
8%

Total votes: 12

polo2028
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by polo2028 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:39 pm

Worst day in Formula One history - 2005 United States Grand Prix
Only 6 cars raced in this event. Most disappointing race ever.

Anyway, FIA should be blamed.
Teams should get out from the FIA Formula One Championship as soon as possible and set up their own Championships, because FIA can't do everything - it's useless!
(Actually, FIA didn't want Ferrari to lose, therefore, they rejected the requests by Michelin.)

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:41 pm

CB619 wrote: I don't think they got a lot of benefit since the IndyCar is going 225-230mph to enter the turn and the F1 car is maybe going 150.
According to the FIA, they are doing 190 mph into the turn so not that much slower.

Remember this is a new surface and I think Bridgestone did benifit from Firestone, someone said that Firestone had some failures in testing on this new surface.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:43 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Kapel you are being critical. So you enjoyed the race ?

What would you have done ?

I can't see many putting the blame entirely on Ferrari!

On the chicane, it happened before. Had the teams agreed, it could have been called a non championship race and the teams given 30 minutes to get used to the chicane. It could have been the best race we've had.

But in the current environement, there is no way that would have happened.

David Coulthard may not be the greatest driver but I respect what he said
The reality is that mature adults were not able to come to a resolution that would have allowed us to put on the show that everybody wants to see in Formula One. We wanted to go racing. It is a very sad day for this sport, I would have to say. I am so, so sorry for what we?ve done, because there was a way out. There was a way to create a solution to let us go racing. Yes, it wasn?t the fault of Bridgestone that Michelin had a problem here, but we are all traveling the same circus together and we are all working together, and there has to be a compromise that allows a way of penalizing the Michelin runners and benefiting the Bridgestone runners because of the fault that Michelin had
DC said it all really :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:14 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Kapel you are being critical. So you enjoyed the race ?

What would you have done ?

I can't see many putting the blame entirely on Ferrari!

On the chicane, it happened before. Had the teams agreed, it could have been called a non championship race and the teams given 30 minutes to get used to the chicane. It could have been the best race we've had.

But in the current environement, there is no way that would have happened.

David Coulthard may not be the greatest driver but I respect what he said
The reality is that mature adults were not able to come to a resolution that would have allowed us to put on the show that everybody wants to see in Formula One. We wanted to go racing. It is a very sad day for this sport, I would have to say. I am so, so sorry for what we?ve done, because there was a way out. There was a way to create a solution to let us go racing. Yes, it wasn?t the fault of Bridgestone that Michelin had a problem here, but we are all traveling the same circus together and we are all working together, and there has to be a compromise that allows a way of penalizing the Michelin runners and benefiting the Bridgestone runners because of the fault that Michelin had
NO Graham,I certainly didnt enjoy the race!!! :(

I was merely pointing out the thoughts u mentioned of allowing Michelin runners in the race with no championship points.It would have been more risky. :roll: Would have prefered a no show at all,but i pity the fans who travelled all the way for the race.

What DC said is respectful,but at that moment,the reality is no one had come up with a solution that would be equal to all runners.

There are ppl in this thread who are blaming Ferrari for this fiasco,i simply dont understand y.

Also,Michael mentioned in the press conf that he had spoken to one of the Michelin driver(probably Webber or Trulli) & he mentioned that even the chicane wouldnt have helped as the degradation of Michelin tyre was really high.

In my opinion,its only Michelin at fault & the likes of Kimi,Alonso,Juan,Truli paid a big price.

Its sad!! :(
An F1 Idiot!!!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:21 pm

Kapel wrote: NO Graham,I certainly didnt enjoy the race!!! :(

I was merely pointing out the thoughts u mentioned of allowing Michelin runners in the race with no championship points.It would have been more risky. :roll: Would have prefered a no show at all,but i pity the fans who travelled all the way for the race.

What DC said is respectful,but at that moment,the reality is no one had come up with a solution that would be equal to all runners.

There are ppl in this thread who are blaming Ferrari for this fiasco,i simply dont understand y.

Also,Michael mentioned in the press conf that he had spoken to one of the Michelin driver(probably Webber or Trulli) & he mentioned that even the chicane wouldnt have helped as the degradation of Michelin tyre was really high.

In my opinion,its only Michelin at fault & the likes of Kimi,Alonso,Juan,Truli paid a big price.

Its sad!! :(
So in the interests of the sport, you prefer a no show :roll:

Of course Michelin are at fault but something should have been done.

On Michael's comments, you beleive his comments even though Michelin suggested the chicane as the solution ? You think Michelin would take the risk of guaranteeing the driver safety knowing it won't work ?

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:31 pm

Yes Graham, i would prefer a NO show,if the drivers were at risk & the other teams gets benefit,like US GP.
But the spectators there have to be taken into consideration,mayb just a shoot out-non-championship race of 12 laps or something should have been done.I dunno,but what happened was bad & it would have been worse if Michelin gave up in the middle of race with some fatal injuries.

N do u believe Michelin were 100% of their tyres with a chicane??Couldnt they have suggested to save their faces & if GOD-forbid,something had happened,blame it on the newly built chicane.

Graham,things seems too political here,with the exact truth unknown to us.Theres Brand image at stake for Michelin here.
We'll never know the truth.We can just speculate & voice our thoughts.
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:35 pm

Kapel wrote:Yes Graham, i would prefer a NO show,if the drivers were at risk & the other teams gets benefit,like US GP.
But the spectators there have to be taken into consideration,mayb just a shoot out-non-championship race of 12 laps or something should have been done.I dunno,but what happened was bad & it would have been worse if Michelin gave up in the middle of race with some fatal injuries.

N do u believe Michelin were 100% of their tyres with a chicane??Couldnt they have suggested to save their faces & if GOD-forbid,something had happened,blame it on the newly built chicane.

Graham,things seems too political here,with the exact truth unknown to us.Theres Brand image at stake for Michelin here.
We'll never know the truth.We can just speculate & voice our thoughts.
Kappy, this is my version of the truth. Michelin stuffed up. Bridgestone did not because they had Firestone data. The FIA could hve found a solution. They did not.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:42 pm

julian mayo wrote: Kappy, this is my version of the truth. Michelin stuffed up. Bridgestone did not because they had Firestone data. The FIA could hve found a solution. They did not.
So are you blaming FIA & Bridgestone for the fiasco?? :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:49 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote: Kappy, this is my version of the truth. Michelin stuffed up. Bridgestone did not because they had Firestone data. The FIA could hve found a solution. They did not.
Kappy settle back, grab a G&T, take a deep breath and read what I wrote :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I read it.But i wanna know who r u blaming for what kept me awake till 2 in the morning & delayed me in office :twisted: :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:03 pm

Kapel wrote:I read it.But i wanna know who r u blaming for what kept me awake till 2 in the morning & delayed me in office :twisted: :wink:

Okay
Fisrt stuff up> michelin, for not being awke to the resurfacing
(did you see a close up of the surface, it looks like a concrete cheese grater!)
Second stuff up> FIA. Instead of getting everybody around the negotiating table and ADMINISTERING the sport, they stuck their heads in the sand, and hoped it would all go away.
I blame michelin for stuffing up, and I blame the extremely well paid jerks of the FIA for not doing their job, which is to administer the sport in a manner acceptable to the competitors and fans.

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:08 pm

Kapel wrote:
I am blaming Bridgestone almost 100% for this. It is criminal negligence to not share information with Michelin in this situation. Ralph Schumacher would agree, I'm sure. And to think they will get rewarded with maximum F! points for this. It's a disgrace on their part and I hope they have criminal charges brought against them. :twisted:

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Further more, as payback for the fiasco of Williams being dragged thru the Italian courts over Senna's death, Frank Williams should go full bore after Ferrari for criminal negligence also. They also had knowledge of track irregularities that they failed to be forthcoming with, almost resulting in serious injury or fatality to Ralf Schumacher. :twisted:

Go get 'em Frank! :twisted:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:28 pm

Byron Forbes wrote:Further more, as payback for the fiasco of Williams being dragged thru the Italian courts over Senna's death, Frank Williams should go full bore after Ferrari for criminal negligence also. They also had knowledge of track irregularities that they failed to be forthcoming with, almost resulting in serious injury or fatality to Ralf Schumacher. :twisted:

Did u watch cricket on Saturday & Sunday?? :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:30 pm

Kapel wrote:
Byron Forbes wrote:Further more, as payback for the fiasco of Williams being dragged thru the Italian courts over Senna's death, Frank Williams should go full bore after Ferrari for criminal negligence also. They also had knowledge of track irregularities that they failed to be forthcoming with, almost resulting in serious injury or fatality to Ralf Schumacher. :twisted:

Did u watch cricket on Saturday & Sunday?? :lol:
Is that supposed to be a swipe at me or cricket fans? :lol: