6%
Christian Klien
No votes

Total votes: 18

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:26 am

Andre_Brasil wrote:Hey, Julian, what I meant to say is that those 5 Championships were won with speed AND good strategy.

Good strategy seems to be a rare asset on the pits (and I don't mean team orders).
Thanks, yes there seems to be only one team with a brain behind the pit wall AND in the cockpit :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:52 am

[quote="K-D"]Juan Pablo ws called in first!! by the team, could not understand waht they said and stayed out one more lap. Kimi dove in as the only natural thing to do when there is a safety car period, and you still have one more stop to do. Juan Pablo still out, this meant that Kimi could get service rigth away, instead of queing up behind Juan Pablo.

Everyone that needed to ge{t} in, got in. The one exception was Juan Pablo, who when he came in passed a red light. This is a clear breakage of a simple rule, and he was disqualified for it.
quote]

After Alonso retired from the race, I said out loud in my hotel room that Montoya should win this race barring anything stupid. And then...

Raikkonen had no answer for Montoya's speed in Canada, but just as the racing god smiled on Alonso in Germany, they smiled on Kimi in Canada.

I love the Canadian GP. Very deceptively difficult to win. Many first time winners in tha past. The course is named after Gilles Villeneuve, still the most exciting driver to watch bar none.

Alonso made about the second mistake he has made all year. Without it, he most certainly would have had another podium finish if not a win. Too bad for Fernando and Fisichella. Both made brilliant starts.

Rubens Barrichello is my driver of the day coming from dead last to 3rd.

BAR can't buy a clue to this season. One week the team screws up. The next week Button drives into the wall for not reason at all.

Oh my god!! At the end of the race, I actually caught myself rooting for Michael Schumacher to take the win. :oops:
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:55 am

Shame, shame ,shame :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:13 am

It's ok to go for MS. Ferrari does have the largest fan base after all, I doubt you were alone.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:25 am

rah wrote:It's ok to go for MS. Ferrari does have the largest fan base after all, I doubt you were alone.
Webber/Williams has three :!:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:20 pm

Yeah, but we are oh so alone.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:35 pm

mark my words he'll win this year and when he does i will be letting everyone who has ever raised any doubt over his ability know about it!!!!

having said that i reckon i'd struggle to pick my nose this year let alone a winner.....

I've said a number of times this is all a new experience in F1 for MW. He has to push for wins whereas at Jaguar & Minardi they were happy with a point here or a point there Williams (& BMW) demand wins or at the least podiums. The only way to win is to show good judgement. The only way to develop good judgement is through poor judgement.

MW each race learns a new lesson that takes him a step closer to where he needs to be as a F1 driver
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:46 pm

julian mayo wrote: JV, you are starting to sound like my ex- wife whom I love dearly, but she would not listen ( thats 1, thats 2 thats 3... bang)
I was the FIRST TO BAG WEBBER., ...Alonso stuffed up in thebiggest way possible, he handed over the race win to his only rival. Aha , I know why you have gone from JV to Alonso, ....JV nearly lost the unloseable WDC.,
Alonso ?? :crush:
Just lie down on the couch, and chat about your morbid attraction to ONE time winners, despite their best attempts to lose, perhaps it is a mother thing, feel nice and relaxed, breathe deeply, and talk, we are all your friends here :twisted:
Yes Alonso did stuff up no question, he made a mistake and he'll learn from it.
What does JV have to do with this :shock:
Alonso will win the WDC but I wouldn't call it unloseable. The Renault and the McLaren seem to be matched. One slightly stronger than the other depending on the circuit. Alonso will win it because he is the best out there and not because of his car.

One time winners :shock: :shock:
Senna wasn't, Alonso won't, Villeneuve shouldn't have been but for his BAR move

I am relaxed and comforted by my friends over here :wink:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Kapel wrote:Its easy for us to say that Ferrari & others were lucky to finish the race.But hey,doesnt F1 involve bit of luck to,apart from keeping the car on track & following rules :D
Yes and it seems easier to say that Alonso was lucky in earlier races :wink:
Kapel wrote:For me the idol winner should have been Montoya.He drove well & put pressure on the potential WDC which lead to his mistake.Mclaren,i think couldnt believe their luck on a 1-2 finish after both the renaults were out & mayb that got them excited had a brain fade for not calling Montoya in first(Cant think of PT :roll: ) & then not informing him about the red light.
I would not blame Montoya for this one bit,he obviously wanted to come out ahead of Michael. :(
I can't see PT playing here but just a stuff up from McLaren as usual!
Kapel wrote:Kimi did well to hold off Michael in the end even after the mistake,but i think Ferrari were off pace to catch Kimi anyway.
Yes Ferrari were way off the pace, Kimi had a skewed steering
Kapel wrote: Monteiro did well to keep his car on track,unlike Narain,who has been over driving his car for the last 3GP's.Narian needs to relax on the not-so known circuit & bring the car to finish instead of trying to beat his teammate & over-driving the car all the time. :evil:
It seems strange how Narain did well early on but now he's struggling big time!
Kapel wrote:Renault are starting to make mistakes,especially Alonso :lol: expect more :wink:
1 fatal mistake !! Based on what do you say expect more ? Alonso doesn't have a history of stuff ups. He has a history of very few mistakes and that won't change
Kapel wrote:Hope to see some more failures & unexpected winners at US GP
We could see an unexpected winner at Indy but things will go back to normal after that! Somehow Canada and the US produce more safety cars than normal. You can guess why!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 pm

bundy wrote:mark my words he'll win this year and when he does i will be letting everyone who has ever raised any doubt over his ability know about it!!!!

having said that i reckon i'd struggle to pick my nose this year let alone a winner.....
I hope he does and on merit but the Williams - BMW relationship won't get better and that won't help!
bundy wrote:The only way to win is to show good judgement. The only way to develop good judgement is through poor judgement.

MW each race learns a new lesson that takes him a step closer to where he needs to be as a F1 driver
Yes as any good driver should

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:14 pm

I agree about McLaren, certainly was a stuff up. But Monty has to be blamed for going through that red light! How can you mistake a red light for anything other than stop??

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:24 pm

rah wrote:I agree about McLaren, certainly was a stuff up. But Monty has to be blamed for going through that red light! How can you mistake a red light for anything other than stop??
For sure it was his mistake but I think if McLaren had quick thinkers, they would have told him about this.
You know how in Monaco they were bragging about how their team in the UK quickly told them to keep Kimi out ? It seems they have good strategy simulators for Raikkonen only :shock:

What happened to Nemo but ??

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:41 pm

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote:I agree about McLaren, certainly was a stuff up. But Monty has to be blamed for going through that red light! How can you mistake a red light for anything other than stop??
For sure it was his mistake but I think if McLaren had quick thinkers, they would have told him about this.
You know how in Monaco they were bragging about how their team in the UK quickly told them to keep Kimi out ? It seems they have good strategy simulators for Raikkonen only :shock:

What happened to Nemo but ??
Don't worry, the only clown fish I have looks nothing like nemo. Just a joke.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:09 pm

JayVee wrote:
Kapel wrote: Monteiro did well to keep his car on track,unlike Narain,who has been over driving his car for the last 3GP's.Narian needs to relax on the not-so known circuit & bring the car to finish instead of trying to beat his teammate & over-driving the car all the time. :evil:
It seems strange how Narain did well early on but now he's struggling big time!
I would put this down to non-experience/unfamiliar tracks & over driving the car under pressure for Monteiro.

I expect him to do well when back in Europe.
An F1 Idiot!!!

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Firstly, the thing that I found most prominent here was the need to overhaul the safety car procedures. Montoya had that race under control only to have it all undermined by that idiotic process. I think they should race back to the line, fall into line behind the pace car, and then pit if they wish. There should be no racing in the pits ie the order they cross the S/F line when the yellow starts should be the order they stay in. The only way to make up positions is by not pitting. Montoya was robbed.

Webber's stock dropped even more. A good driver in that car/circumstance gets 3rd - unfortunately Webber doesn't qualify as a "good" driver atm. He's just not measuring up and handling the pressure at all so far. If it's not bad luck then it's bad driving. I don't think Webber has had a race that anyone, including himself, would be satisfied with this year. The clock's ticking Webber! He needs to do something impressive soon or Frank will be looking for more than new engine suppliers.