Farewell HRT

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Axey
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Farewell HRT

Post by Axey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 pm

As is common news now HRT is effectively no more so here is a rundown of my views on their 3 year stint and some key decisions.

2010- Lots of drivers. Best one HAS to be Klien, I have loved Klien for years and he showed his worth here in a crap car and it was mad for him not to get a permanent driving job. Bruno Senna didn't perform as well as everyone thought which as we now know is a common theme in his 3 seasons (ironically i think his career has been shorter than the team he came into the sport in if we take races) They had a couple of other underperforming drivers but Klien was the stand out star. :drive:

2011- Dropping Klien for Liuzzi :roll: what were they thinking. Red bull thought in 2005 that Klien was better when they was alternating races and they stuck with Klien after the 7th so why would a team with little knowledge and experience drop a guy who is brilliant for a guy who is less than that. I think that Narain isnt good. The 2005 Indy grand prix proved that when he finished 4th and hes been proving that since and there are better pay drivers out there. Replacing him midseason for Riccardo was a mistake for me as I would have replaced him for an Austrian driver i might have mentioned a couple of times. On the track they are still dithering but promising a bright future.

2012- The bright future comes.......... in the form of a guy who couldnt make it at arrows or Jaguar over a decade ago. A guy who is a brilliant tester but that doesnt always work out as a driver (look at Badoer :oops: ) Yeah De La Rosa may have drove for Sauber in 2010 but the fact that he was replace by snail paced Heidfield tells a lot. They could have chosen a particular Austrian for this role who would have performed brilliantly. They could also have fielded a second car during the season. Oh wait they did you say? So what bright new up and coming pay driver have they got? Max Chilton? Charles Pic? Van Der Garde? No???????????? YOU GOT NARAIN :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: well thats the moving chicane Rosberg hit then.

The team was disorganised and made many driver choices. They focused 2 much on their spanish roots and forgot they are in F1 to perform and they just thought by flying a flag they would get sponsership but it dont work like that here.

The only worse driver they could have got would be Ide or Yamamoto. Oh wait they had Yamamoto :axe: :axe: :axe: to their asperations hes proven a curse. In Super Aguri he drove for them in 2006 and in their 3rd season they folded. For HRT he drove for them in their 1st season and again they folded in their 3rd.

This is my first team farewell post hope you enjoyed my driver insight and total unbiased run through this poor team. lets have a drink in their memory :cheers:
Sauber FTW
Massa FTW
any ex Sauber driver FTW
Perez and Koboyashi FTW
btw did i mention i like Sauber