No votes
Kimi Raikkonen
6%

Total votes: 16

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue May 31, 2005 9:18 am

The rules are the same for everyone sgd.

This time the posts have been edited, next time they could be deleted.

And please everyone, remember to adhere to the posting guidlines

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 11:20 am

sgd wrote: hey! I inform: this year my team is Mclaren and my driver, JPM, and i already wrote: he was SLOW...

Juan Pablo is anything BUT slow. The one thing he is though is lazy and lacking in THE absolute desire to succeed.

On his day, providing he slept well, had a good breakfast, traffic on the way to the track was good etc etc etc he is as quick as Kimi. The one difference is he can't reproduce that speed every time he gets in the car. Kimi can & so can Alonso.

That is why this year they are the best 2.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 12:49 pm

Ed wrote:The rules are the same for everyone sgd.

Guys, you may have noticed my lack of posts lately.
We have been given a great forum, in which to discuss F1 on a serious note, have a lot of fun, and have some gentle digs at people, and get some back in return.
Until some manners, goodwill, etiquette, and humour return to the forum, sadly, I will be taking little further part :cry:
Try to have a good day, folk
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 1:58 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Ed wrote:The rules are the same for everyone sgd.

Guys, you may have noticed my lack of posts lately.
We have been given a great forum, in which to discuss F1 on a serious note, have a lot of fun, and have some gentle digs at people, and get some back in return.
Until some manners, goodwill, etiquette, and humour return to the forum, sadly, I will be taking little further part :cry:
It's unfortunate that a small minority always ruin things for the majority.
The last thing we want is for someone like Julian to leave this forum.

Mate, you are one of the reasons I joined and continue to come here and post messages. DON'T ABANDON ME!!!!

PEOPLE...Just because others don't agree with your opinion doesn't make them wrong and it OK to get abusive.

Having a dig at someone and sharing different views on drivers/teams etc is what this is all about. Even some online rivalries and friendships. Don't spoil that because of your childish insecurities.

I like it here and don't want to see people who regularly contribute and make this forum what it is leave.....

Remember we have a topic for people to b#$% and moan etc about things other than F1. COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT RANDOM THOUGHTS. Maybe we should use it more often.

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue May 31, 2005 2:04 pm

It was an interesting race. Pity Webber and Montoya clashed at the start of the race. Williams obviously have to get their starts right!

This is a season that will be decided by the tyres. Not just Michelin/Bridgestone but also the compounds used. In Monaco Renault suffered, this time it was Kimi although had he not flat spotted his tyres he would have survived.
Montoya could have finished on the podium and possibly won the race. That was not to be and it seems he too struggled with the tyres. He clearly was quicker than Michael but then dropped back.

I am surprised to see so many votes for Coulthard. Yes he drove a good race but could have finished higher had he not sped up in the pitlane.

To me it is a close call between Alonso, Heidfeld, Barrichello and Fisichella. The were all impressive but I thought Alonso being stuck behind Coulthard for the first stint then recovering beautifully to catch Heidfeld and then seriously pressuring Raikkonen makes him the driver of the day.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue May 31, 2005 2:11 pm

julian mayo wrote:Guys, you may have noticed my lack of posts lately.
Yes and you better come back :wink:
We need Webber supporters here :D

And whoever it is who has angered Julian, you'd better make up.

I agree with Bundy too.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 2:20 pm

Graham Ross wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Guys, you may have noticed my lack of posts lately.
Yes and you better come back :wink:
We need Webber supporters here :D

And whoever it is who has angered Julian, you'd better make up.

I agree with Bundy too.
Graham, no one has angered me. I am more than capable of handling Rubbish thrown at in my direction, and personal attacks on me simply bounce off. I am just saddened to see so many posts, by many people, replied to with nonsensical vitriol. :cry:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 2:36 pm

julian mayo wrote:Graham, no one has angered me. I am more than capable of handling Rubbish thrown at in my direction, and personal attacks on me simply bounce off. I am just saddened to see so many posts, by many people, replied to with nonsensical vitriol. :cry:

My Grandma used "nonsensical vitriol" in her Greek cooking

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 2:40 pm

bundy wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Graham, no one has angered me. I am more than capable of handling Rubbish thrown at in my direction, and personal attacks on me simply bounce off. I am just saddened to see so many posts, by many people, replied to with nonsensical vitriol. :cry:

My Grandma used "nonsensical vitriol" in her Greek cooking
Well, that explains just about everything, doesn't it Bundy! :alright:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 2:45 pm

I think that is why I had a beard and chest hair by the time i entered Grade 3

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue May 31, 2005 2:57 pm

julian mayo wrote: Graham, no one has angered me. I am more than capable of handling Rubbish thrown at in my direction, and personal attacks on me simply bounce off. I am just saddened to see so many posts, by many people, replied to with nonsensical vitriol. :cry:
I would just ignore them and they go away. There are posts that I am not even prepared to reply to and it works (to me at least :wink: )

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 3:09 pm

Graham Ross wrote:
julian mayo wrote: Graham, no one has angered me. I am more than capable of handling Rubbish thrown at in my direction, and personal attacks on me simply bounce off. I am just saddened to see so many posts, by many people, replied to with nonsensical vitriol. :cry:
I would just ignore them and they go away. There are posts that I am not even prepared to reply to and it works (to me at least :wink: )
As I said Graham, it's not about me, it's about misuse of the Forums. If its not fun, or interesting I aint doin it, as I said to the Spanish Dancer.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 3:11 pm

Like the Sailer said to the girl, If you can't please me I'll go someone else

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue May 31, 2005 8:45 pm

Finally we could see the results of 1 tyre rule affecting everyone.Initially there were talks that Renault & Mclaren were very easy on their tyres,but now eventually they r eating them up.
Practically every team is struggling with tyres now,though Michelins have an edge in Q from bridgestone,which apparently is not melting anymore :shock: but non-performing at the same time(upto Ferrari standards).

My driver of the race is Alonso (Wished to say Rubinho).Alonso drove a perfect & calm race.Didnt do any overtaking,just went off once,drove to his strategy & the best part put pressure on KIMI to push on the last 10 laps. :clap:
My heart goes out for Kimi.Great,unchallenged drive from start to finish or non-finish(though Nick was close to him,not not close enough to challenge) .Hats of to him for handling the vibrations for the last 10-12 laps,wonder the state of his bones with those vibrations. :shock:

Had very high expectations from Montoya in this race but it wasnt meant to be :(

Nick drove well for 2nd ,DC i think spoiled his chances for the podium.

Dont wanna mention Webber & Fisi as they spoiled their own chances.

Best overtaking view for me was Rubinho on Button!! :clap:

Narain like a jerk,lost out at the end of the race :furious: I think he's puts himself under pressure to perform on the circuit he doesnt know.
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 9:24 pm

Kapel wrote:Finally we could see the results of 1 tyre rule affecting everyone.Initially there were talks that Renault & Mclaren were very easy on their tyres,but now eventually they r eating them up.
Practically every team is struggling with tyres now,though Michelins have an edge in Q from bridgestone,which apparently is not melting anymore :shock: but non-performing at the same time(upto Ferrari standards).

My driver of the race is Alonso (Wished to say Rubinho).Alonso drove a perfect & calm race.Didnt do any overtaking,just went off once,drove to his strategy & the best part put pressure on KIMI to push on the last 10 laps. :clap:
My heart goes out for Kimi.Great,unchallenged drive from start to finish or non-finish(though Nick was close to him,not not close enough to challenge) .Hats of to him for handling the vibrations for the last 10-12 laps,wonder the state of his bones with those vibrations. :shock:

Had very high expectations from Montoya in this race but it wasnt meant to be :(

Nick drove well for 2nd ,DC i think spoiled his chances for the podium.

Dont wanna mention Webber & Fisi as they spoiled their own chances.

Best overtaking view for me was Rubinho on Button!! :clap:

Narain like a jerk,lost out at the end of the race :furious: I think he's puts himself under pressure to perform on the circuit he doesnt know.
G,day Kappy
I am starting to think that the surface of the various tracks is having an effect on the michelin runners. Kimis problem was down to a big flat spot,
but I think the various teams are having set up problems because of the nature of the bitumen at each venue. What suits eg. Williams at one track, is different at the next and so on, if you can follow what I mean. ( I'm not explaining it well) :lol: