No votes
Kimi Raikkonen
6%

Total votes: 16

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:30 pm

Attitude is great, to me it should be a sporting attitude.

Sport is about winning and losing, if you cant lose its not a good attitude.

Theres a difference if a driver shows great will to win(which is necessary) or if he plays the stinker just because he got beaten. Maybe its attractive for the headlines and makes for some popularity e.g.like John McEnroe, but I cant see that as mature, decent and sporting behaviour(e.g.like Agassi, Sampras, Federer etc.).

Mark should have been positive about the double podium for WILLIAMS at Monaco looking forward to the next race having every chance to beat them all incl.Nick.

Nick should have said something like "its a good result to finish in 2nd place twice even if I would have prefered to win. I will try to improve further on these results".

You could probably mix their attitudes and get a potential World Champion. For now they are not Championship material, both of them... :cry:
YOURS IN SPORT

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:57 pm

julian mayo wrote: It is a damned good point! Webber stands on the podium looking pissed off cos he got third,and gets criticized!
He set out to win the bloody thing! In his mind he failed, regardless of the reasons, he failed.
I have often wondered about the smiling 2nd and 3rd place getters waving their trophys over their heads, I thought they got paid to win!!
In these times of sanitized everything, it's bloody good to see someone with "attitude". I believe its that "Attitude" which will take him to the top.
Similarly Alonso showed "attitude" to keep Schuey at bay, and that identifies him as a future champion.
Bring personalities back to the sport! I have had enough of the plastic, pooh faced,cardboard cut outs!! :twisted:
Comeon julian, are you telling me that had Webber finished second in Monaco (ahead of Heidfeld) he wouldn't be smiling and waving his trophy over his head ???

Sure they get paid to win but when second or third is the best you could do then it should be treated as a win. Otherwise it means that he is pissed off with himself that he could've done better. :shock: :shock:

Was it the Spanish Dancer :shock: :shock: :?:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 am

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote: It is a damned good point! Webber stands on the podium looking pissed off cos he got third,and gets criticized!
He set out to win the bloody thing! In his mind he failed, regardless of the reasons, he failed.
I have often wondered about the smiling 2nd and 3rd place getters waving their trophys over their heads, I thought they got paid to win!!
In these times of sanitized everything, it's bloody good to see someone with "attitude". I believe its that "Attitude" which will take him to the top.
Similarly Alonso showed "attitude" to keep Schuey at bay, and that identifies him as a future champion.
Bring personalities back to the sport! I have had enough of the plastic, pooh faced,cardboard cut outs!! :twisted:
Comeon julian, are you telling me that had Webber finished second in Monaco (ahead of Heidfeld) he wouldn't be smiling and waving his trophy over his head ???

Sure they get paid to win but when second or third is the best you could do then it should be treated as a win. Otherwise it means that he is pissed off with himself that he could've done better. :shock: :shock:

Was it the Spanish Dancer :shock: :shock: :?:

:cry: she has gone off to find mark. :cry:

No he would not have been smilingand waving....etc.
ED find a pic of Alan Jones, and Jack Brabham on the "1st of the losers step, or second of the losers step" and post it in this thread please.The guy had , and has the right attitude to go all the way.
Alonso had the attitude forced on him by schuey.
Try doing reverse somersaults with pike at 280kmh,., not once but twice
then go race a faster car, and not have an attitude towards engineers who stuff things up :crush: :crush: :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:04 pm

julian mayo wrote:

ED find a pic of Alan Jones, and Jack Brabham on the "1st of the losers step, or second of the losers step" and post it in this thread please.The guy had , and has the right attitude to go all the way.
julian, I don't doubt Mark's ability. I didn't like his attitude at Monaco that's all

Next time Webber finishes on the podium and is ahead of Heidfeld we'll see his reaction.
julian mayo wrote:Try doing reverse somersaults with pike at 280kmh,., not once but twice
then go race a faster car, and not have an attitude towards engineers who stuff things up :crush: :crush: :lol:
Doing reverse somersaults increases the rate you grow grey hair :shock: :shock:

I think this is one his somersaults http://www.endurancesportscar.com/photo/clrflip.mpg

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Now that has got to change a man. But if it groes some hair, I might have to try it.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:11 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote:

julian, I don't doubt Mark's ability. I didn't like his attitude at Monaco that's all

Next time Webber finishes on the podium and is ahead of Heidfeld we'll see his reaction.
julian mayo wrote:Try doing reverse somersaults with pike at 280kmh,., not once but twice
Doing reverse somersaults increases the rate you grow grey hair :shock: :shock:

I think this is one his somersaults http://www.en
durancesportscar.com/photo/clrflip.mpg

Yep, sure was!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:18 pm

rah wrote:Now that has got to change a man. But if it groes some hair, I might have to try it.
Perhaps K-D needs that treatment too :shock: :shock:

In a Ferrari of course

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:19 pm

JayVee wrote:
rah wrote:Now that has got to change a man. But if it groes some hair, I might have to try it.

In a Ferrari of course
I doubt that one would walk away from doing that in a ferrari :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:05 pm

JayVee wrote:

In a Ferrari of course
Unfortunately K-D had sort of that treatment already. In a Mazda Miata (red one).

8)
K-D