JayVee wrote:

:wha: Does Webber drive for Ferrari :crush:

Not yet :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Mon May 23, 2005 6:41 pm

i don't think he'll go to ferrari unless he is their number 1 driver.
why would you if your not allowed to race against ALL drivers.
being number 2 at ferrari has ended a number of good drivers careers early.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 23, 2005 6:43 pm

bundy wrote:i don't think he'll go to ferrari unless he is their number 1 driver.
why would you if your not allowed to race against ALL drivers.
being number 2 at ferrari has ended a number of good drivers careers early.

Yup, He will definitely not go, unless he is No. 1 Driver :lol:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Re: Thoughts on the Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Bundy » Mon May 23, 2005 6:56 pm

sgd wrote:Driver of the race - Nick H. (giving overtaking leassons to Webber!!)

looks like you're on your Pat Malone their old son
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Mon May 23, 2005 7:13 pm

Anything else than congratulating Kimi for the drive of the day is a joke, a big joke at that. Im starting to understand peoples disliking of Michael who has shown countless races like Kimi in the last 2 GP.

In Imola Fernando was hailed as a superhero because he had to defend his victory on shitty tyres while Kimis victories looked comparatively easy. But he made pole 3 times in a row now and was extremely fast in the races, I can imagine he was getting bored during the last 20 laps...he could probably have lapped the field.

As for WILLIAMS, it was a very decent performance and it was decisive who pitted first at the second stop(team or driver decision?). Anyway they both did well to get past a struggling Fernando. Nick seems a fairer guy to me but actually a bit more temperament would do well for him, he seems to be better than he thinks of himself. Mark is more aggressive in every way and consequently qualifies in front most times.

MCLAREN have a superior package at the moment and Juan Pablo raced reasonably well even if he probably should have passed Fernando just like Nick and Mark. I wasnt over inspired by his drive and his fastest lap was 1.6 off Kimis pace, even if he was not always stuck behind someone. To make him driver of the day as some voted escapes my understanding.

RENAULT definitely have a tyre problem, one produced by the chassis and having opposite effect than the FERRARI/BS package. Fernando is keeping the score but Fisico in a similar way to Rubens cant cope with the lack of performance that well. If RENAULT dont get the hang of their tyre wear Fernando might be fighting for minor placings in some races and Kimi might move past him in the standings faster than some people expect. A big questionmark.

TOYOTA continue to do well and maybe its unnoticed but they are on par if not superior to RENAULT now as their car conserves the tyres much better. Both Jarno and Ralf raced well albeit a bit luckless. Who was better is hard to say as Jarnos move on Fisico didnt work out in the end.

FERRARI seem to have the fastest car for the second half of the race but the package(to me the tyres alone) is desperate in qualifying.
Michael drove a good race but was very unlucky again as he was pushing DC as hard as he could and had no chance whatsover to break in time after the MINARDI block. Then, and that has been generally uncommented, he was simply done by rejoining behind Kimis lead car in the SC phase. He was 13th and a full lap back on all in front of him. His drive must be rated second best on behalf of that! It has to remain anyones guess what Michael might have achieved had he come out of pits in front of Kimi. As for his move against Rubens, hard to prove team order but his 2 serious tries before plus almost beating Ralf as well dont support the conspiracy, plus it doesnt matter as Rubens is far behind Michaels performances this year. FERRARI are overall much better than their results suggest, with a bit of luck they would have double their points, watch out for an improved Qualifying peformance at the Ring..

REDBULL were reasonable again and might reconsider Davids engagement for 2006....Tonio disappointed a bit in my eyes and Christian should get the second drive now.

SAUBER are another team with more potential, especially through Felipe but they need a bit more luck and a bit less Jaques errors...

Pace of packages through a whole race today:

1. MCLAREN 2. FERRARI -15sec 3. WILLIAMS/TOYOTA -25sec 4. RENAULT -40sec, (BAR is uncertain but probably around -30sec)
SAUBER -1.00, REDBULL -1.15

Some of you wont agree but RENAULT is really struggling more with each race.

Altogether it was fantastic action at Monaco
YOURS IN SPORT

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 23, 2005 7:26 pm

F1g., I share your opinion of Renault, at the moment. I don't know if the other teams are developing faster than they are, or they have gone off down the wrong development path, but those cars are eating tyres at an alarming rate :?

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon May 23, 2005 8:49 pm

All weekend i had a belief that Monaco is gonna be a boring race with the finishing drivers almost similar to the starting lineup n how wrong i was!!

Kimi drove a flawless,effortless,super fast & lonely race.The only time he had company was when the safety car had come out.We would never find out what would have been the case if Kimi would have pitted with all the guys.For once a screw up/confusion within a team lead to his comfortable win. :wink: Kimi looks set to take the Title this year :D

As mentioned earlier,I wonder if Alonso/Renault have gone a little complacent with all the victories they've had.I was very shocked to see their rear tyres without any threads left on them.Mayb their further development have gone in the wrong direction.However, a brilliant salvage from Alonso & commendable to hold of Montoya in the last couple of laps.This guy is good.A championship material for sure. :D

Michael & Ferrari showed pace but in the middle of the race.In this manner they would reach the podium but not win the race.They need to qualify better.I really think,if Michael's front wing hadnt broken he would have finished ahead of Alonso or even on the podium.Great drive from him after the safety car period,being lap down. :shock: :D
Rubinho's lack lustre form+bad luck continues.N i doubt he let Michael in the end.A bad move by Michael which would have resulted in a similar situation as Saubers :shock: :shock:

Nick should be happy as he drove with consistent speed & a well earned 2nd place.He move on Alonso was quiet clean & perfect.But i enjoyed the battle of Webber & Alonso.SO what if he took 2 chances to overtake Alonso.It was spectacular!!! :D :D
I can understand Webber's unhappiness with the result,but he should be happy he got his 1st podium at the end of the day.It was diappointing to see no handshake between the Williams drivers.Nick was on a lighter fuel,so i guess he ought to come in first.I think Mark Webber was disappointed with himself that he couldnt pass Alonso earlier & open up a gap to Heildfeld.A good result nevertheless.

Montoya would have bagged my driver of the race,for the start he did & the way he braked to avoid the parked cars next to the Minardi :wink: But how on earth he couldnt overtake Alonso with a much superior car puzzled me :shock: :shock: Mayb Ron Dennis didnt inform him n which turn to go for Alonso :furious: :wink:

Fisi gave up his fight too early i think,but Renault seems to b struggling now.Truli did a good start again but his move on Fisi cost him his race. :roll:

Ralf for me was very OK.He has the race speed,but not in every race. :wink:

The force was not meant to be with DC & sad to see his rear-end damaged :wink: :lol:

NK & Jordan disappointed me big time :cry:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 23, 2005 9:19 pm

Kapel wrote:All weekend i had a belief that Monaco is gonna be a boring race with the finishing drivers almost similar to the starting lineup n how wrong i was!!

Kimi drove a flawless,effortless,super fast & lonely race.The only time he had company was when the safety car had come out.We would never find out what would have been the case if Kimi would have pitted with all the guys.For once a screw up/confusion within a team lead to his comfortable win. :wink: Kimi looks set to take the Title this year :D

As mentioned earlier,I wonder if Alonso/Renault have gone a little complacent with all the victories they've had.I was very shocked to see their rear tyres without any threads left on them.Mayb their further development have gone in the wrong direction.However, a brilliant salvage from Alonso & commendable to hold of Montoya in the last couple of laps.This guy is good.A championship material for sure. :D

Michael & Ferrari showed pace but in the middle of the race.In this manner they would reach the podium but not win the race.They need to qualify better.I really think,if Michael's front wing hadnt broken he would have finished ahead of Alonso or even on the podium.Great drive from him after the safety car period,being lap down. :shock: :D
Rubinho's lack lustre form+bad luck continues.N i doubt he let Michael in the end.A bad move by Michael which would have resulted in a similar situation as Saubers :shock: :shock:

Nick should be happy as he drove with consistent speed & a well earned 2nd place.He move on Alonso was quiet clean & perfect.But i enjoyed the battle of Webber & Alonso.SO what if he took 2 chances to overtake Alonso.It was spectacular!!! :D :D
I can understand Webber's unhappiness with the result,but he should be happy he got his 1st podium at the end of the day.It was diappointing to see no handshake between the Williams drivers.Nick was on a lighter fuel,so i guess he ought to come in first.I think Mark Webber was disappointed with himself that he couldnt pass Alonso earlier & open up a gap to Heildfeld.A good result nevertheless.

Montoya would have bagged my driver of the race,for the start he did & the way he braked to avoid the parked cars next to the Minardi :wink: But how on earth he couldnt overtake Alonso with a much superior car puzzled me :shock: :shock: Mayb Ron Dennis didnt inform him n which turn to go for Alonso :furious: :wink:

Fisi gave up his fight too early i think,but Renault seems to b struggling now.Truli did a good start again but his move on Fisi cost him his race. :roll:

Ralf for me was very OK.He has the race speed,but not in every race. :wink:

The force was not meant to be with DC & sad to see his rear-end damaged :wink: :lol:

NK & Jordan disappointed me big time :cry:
Kappy, the newspapers here showed Mark at Nicks car, ready to shake hands with him, while Nick was still pulling off his balaclava.!!! They then shook hands!!! :wha: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wha:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon May 23, 2005 9:24 pm

I dont get Australian paper here Julian,didnt see them on camera.Sorry :oops:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Kapel wrote:I dont get Australian paper here Julian,didnt see them on camera.Sorry :oops:
No apology required Kappy. A couple of others have said similar. Mark being Australian, featured prominently in the news :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon May 23, 2005 9:41 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:I dont get Australian paper here Julian,didnt see them on camera.Sorry :oops:
No apology required Kappy. A couple of others have said similar. Mark being Australian, featured prominently in the news :lol:
I can understand that.Similarly here in India,Narain Karthikeyan's car picture was bigger than Kimi's,but with a big red R :oops:
An F1 Idiot!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon May 23, 2005 11:10 pm

F1greyhound wrote:Anything else than congratulating Kimi for the drive of the day is a joke, a big joke at that. Im starting to understand peoples disliking of Michael who has shown countless races like Kimi in the last 2 GP.
Oh man you're so FAR from reality!!! do you want to know why we dislike MShumierda? Answ: 2002-Austrian-Grand-Prix-like GREAT success of MS - THE RECORD BREAKER!!! , the world champion which wins races (and so championships) because is allowed to...pass... That is why. and please i olnly give you MY opinion don't begin a disscution about it here.
F1greyhound wrote:Michael drove a good race but was very unlucky again as he was pushing DC as hard as he could and had no chance whatsover to break in time after the MINARDI block.
:roll:
F1greyhound wrote: Then, and that has been generally uncommented, he was simply done by rejoining behind Kimis lead car in the SC phase. He was 13th and a full lap back on all in front of him. His drive must be rated second best on behalf of that! It has to remain anyones guess what Michael might have achieved had he come out of pits in front of Kimi.
I just can't stop laughing at this !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the same blind-behavor of MW fans here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could missed it, but I informe you : As the SC left, Kimi just drove away from MS... he had A LOT of clear track and only managed to catch RB because of his drive-thru penalty.... and finished 7 because of JV... + idiot-slave Rubens.
F1greyhound wrote: As for his move against Rubens, hard to prove team order but his 2 serious tries before plus almost beating Ralf as well dont support the conspiracy, plus it doesnt matter as Rubens is far behind Michaels performances this year.
almos as funny as the last one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

========
at least you make me fun... :lol: :lol:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

amazing unanimity!

Post by Jim Watt » Tue May 24, 2005 8:08 am

Goodness Gracious! It must have been a really good race when I agree with almost everything the cogniscenti on this list say! About all I have to add is how interesting it is that Kimi's second win in a row (and both races were masterfully driven!) goes almost without description.

That's because, like a race driver, the Kimster does EXACTLY what needs to be done. Give him decent equipment (and my fingers don't need, I think, to be crossed anymore when I say this!), and he will qualify to his advantage, start to his advantage and race to his (and his equipment's), advantage all the way to checquered flag [note English spelling mates!]. No fuss, no muss, just beautiful driving.

In a way, I hope Michael can figure out how to qualify higher before the season is over because I don't think anyone other than Fernando will really challenge the Finn on the track. And Fernando's equipment has peaked too soon. I see the Merc/McLaren machine getting better and better from here on. So will Ferarri, but, like I say, if Michael & Rubens continue to "tank" on qualifying it won't much matter how good (or bad) their tyres are.

:roll: As to the Webbo. I'm not surprised that he did so well since I had mildly trashed him in my remarks before the race.

Oh yes, :lol: I love it that little brother Ralph, IN A TOYOTA!, beat the seven time world champ in a Ferrari to the flag! I've got to go home tonight, open a beer, and run the tape of the race again: surely I missed something somehow since I had Kimi, Michael & Fisi on the podium with the Finn on the second step! Oh woe is me, I'm afraid I'm going to sink out of sight in the Pole'N8 race. I've got to pick for Nurburgring by Wed, so I'm going to practice leaving Michael's name out of my picks until I get down to 6, 7, & 8. I'm posting the Monaco results on my computer desktop so I won't forget: 6th - R. Schumacher; 7th - M. Schumacher; 8th - R. Barrichello. How the Mighty have fallen!

cheers Red Car lovers, one day we'll be back.

Jim Watt :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 24, 2005 8:24 am

Jim,
Don't forget it is Nick's home track. He has won many races there. I f you sink out of sight in 8 n pole, you will have plenty of company. Its actually not too bad down here, one is never too lonely. If "Webbo" as you call him, is given a clutch that clutches, it could be interesting. Regardless of the outcome, if the race is as interesting as Monaco, I will be happy. Good luck with the picks. :lol:

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue May 24, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi sgd,

Im happy to make you laugh but I hope Michael and Ferrari will freeze your laughter for the rest of the season..... :lol:

BTW Kimi drove away from Michael after the SC for a couple of laps but the Ferrari (tyres) started to work about 8 laps later, and Michael made up a full lap on everybody except the top 3.
I noticed that he still wouldnt have got points without the Sauber communication but a full lap means serious pace even if it seems to be much more interesting for you if Rubens let him pass or not. It definitely doesnt look like Rubinho will show much this year and even if he let Michael pass it is a reasonable thing for the team. You will see teamorders(driver swaps) this year at least from RENAULT, MCLAREN and FERRARI, as the fight will be tight..... :wink: But Im sure if anyone else swaps drivers you will accept some clever explanation but if Michael passes Rubens you will call it teamorder and cheating each time. Thats your choice and go ahead if it makes you feel better :P
YOURS IN SPORT