No votes
Rubens Barrichello
No votes

Total votes: 28

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue May 24, 2005 11:55 pm

I continue to think that Michael Schumacher is the best driver currently in F1. And it speaks vlomues for his talent that he did manage to lap most of the field, after getting the car up to pace.

When one driver in a team outdrivers the other, it is often because the cars is not as good as it needs to be, and the extra being pulled out is then due to be higher talent than the underperforming driver.

Taking a lap on most at Monaco is something that very few drivers could manage, even if they had the better or even the best car.

Equally Michael Schumacher hunting down and challenging Fernando Alonso at Imola was a piece of driving, whcih at the most two other drivers would have in them. Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.

For all the great driving by Montoya, he was outqualified by Kimi by 1,5 seconds on Saturday. I fully understand that the track was slower when Montoya was outm but NOT by 1,5 seconds. Montoya is being completely outdriven by Kimi this season, not because Montoya is a poor driver, but because Kimi is an exceptionally talented driver, and Montoya does not have it in him to be at that level. On occasion we may see him win races, and be "better" than Kimi, but for the duration of his stay with McLaren, he will constantly be "worse" than Kimi, equally to how all drivers teamed with Michael, have had to accept being the "lessor" driver, simply because they are not at the same levl as him.

Rubens is a very talented F1 driver, but he is no Michael Schumacher
David is a very talented F1 driver, but he is and was no Mika Hakkinen
Giancarlo is a very talented F1 driver, but he is no Fernando Alonso

8)
K-D

Andre_Brasil
2004 Winner
2004 Winner

Who likes to be fooled???

Post by Andre_Brasil » Wed May 25, 2005 2:43 am

Somebody wrote "he moves to 8th and is then handed 7th by Barrichello. That was a farce"

and I have to agree!!!

I am Brazilian and I am very ashamed about Barrichello.

This is a bad taste and badly played comedy. Giving the 7th place to Schumacher was obviously team play to let MS try that move on his brother on the last straight.

Whatever else someone said about it is BS. One point can be meaningful and no matter what whenever MS is behind RB (unless the title is already decided) the crying baby will yeld to him.

I'm mad!!!
Andre Bertrand
aabc01
Brasil

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed May 25, 2005 3:03 am

F1greyhound wrote:BTW Kimi drove away from Michael after the SC for a couple of laps but the Ferrari (tyres) started to work about 8 laps later, and Michael made up a full lap on everybody except the top 3.
yeah, but you don't say ALL the truth... The "rest" was laping VERY slow due to Fisichella... that doesn't counts, does it????
he was the only one without a Renault in front....(beside Kimi Jordan and Minardi...)
F1greyhound wrote: I noticed that he still wouldnt have got points without the Sauber communication but a full lap means serious pace even if it seems to be much more interesting for you if Rubens let him pass or not.
In fact after reading what Rb said after lately, seems like he indeed didn't let him pass due to an order... :?
F1greyhound wrote: You will see teamorders(driver swaps) this year at least from RENAULT, MCLAREN and FERRARI, as the fight will be tight.....
I can assure you Montoya will NEVER let somebody pass!!!!!!!!!! it's like asking JV or FA or MS to let pass somebody else, it's not only about their talent, it's about their character...
F1greyhound wrote:But Im sure if anyone else swaps drivers you will accept some clever explanation but if Michael passes Rubens you will call it teamorder and cheating each time. Thats your choice and go ahead if it makes you feel better :P
this time I'vo used the word 'cheat', and as I said before I in fact think that MS is desperado and predict some spuns and/or crashes in the next 3 races (at least... ;) )

Cheers!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed May 25, 2005 4:43 am

Hi Andre B,

what are you ashamed at?

1) if the pass on Rubens was no teamorder(seems it wasnt), about Rubens performance?

or

2) if it was, about Rubens performance, his team spirit, his sportmanship, his common sense?

Rubens is a fantastic F1 driver, a great guy and sportsman. He is a very well payed team player too. While his famous move over for Michael in Austria was no good, it was one of max.3 in 5 years of F1. Who cares? Michael moved over for Rubens as many times and he is obviously the one who can win FERRARI the WDC and not Rubens.

Other teams have applied teamorders as well and I bet my hat, there will be no Fisico-Fernando order at the line this year, and I doubt very much we will see Juan Pablo-Kimi after Kimi got a bit closer to Fernando.
No teamorder means less chance of winning the WDC.

Everybody of the big teams wants to be No1, the only team less likely to apply teamorder is WILLIAMS but they wont win the WDC this year anyway.....
YOURS IN SPORT

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed May 25, 2005 6:58 am

F1greyhound wrote:Rubens is a fantastic F1 driver...
Maybe he was... for the last 4 years he's been no more than a well paid looser.

Only a blind would say he's in the level of the best drivers of the F1.
He's there only to support MS and he does his job quite good.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed May 25, 2005 8:00 am

K-D wrote:I continue to think that Michael Schumacher is the best driver currently in F1. And it speaks vlomues for his talent that he did manage to lap most of the field, after getting the car up to pace.

When one driver in a team outdrivers the other, it is often because the cars is not as good as it needs to be, and the extra being pulled out is then due to be higher talent than the underperforming driver.

Taking a lap on most at Monaco is something that very few drivers could manage, even if they had the better or even the best car.

Equally Michael Schumacher hunting down and challenging Fernando Alonso at Imola was a piece of driving, whcih at the most two other drivers would have in them. Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.
What are you on about K-D :shock: :shock: :shock:

Who did he make up a lap on ?

He came behind the safety car a lap down and unlapped himself when Raikkonen pitted. He then simply caught up with the train behind Fisichella, why because Fisichella was around 3-4 seconds slower a lap.

He then passed Fisichella like all the rest, he passed Trulli like all the rest, he passed Massa and Villeneuve like all the rest (nothing special about any of that).
He then caught up with Alonso like all the rest.

He didn't overtake anyone on the track. Barrichello in my opinion let him through even if he says otherwise (think of it, he won't say he let him through cause it is illegel to do so )

So please if I missed something about that stunning drive of Michael, let me know and before you tell me he set the fastest lap, well Raikkonen had no need to push after his one and only pit stop.

It is like saying WOW, the Williams were stunning today, did you see how they were behind Alonso, pitted and in 3 laps they caught him up again ? That was stunning!!! What they conveniently didn't say was Alonso was like 4 seconds off the pace. For sure they'll catch him.
In fact the time it took for them to pass Alonso is testemant for this guy's skill.

It seems you just want to find something to praise Michael for in these difficult times, up to you but he did nothing an F1 driver would not have done at Monaco

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am

sgd wrote:

Only a blind would say he's in the level of the best drivers of the F1.
He's there only to support MS and he does his job quite good.
Rubens has been ahead of a lot of other drivers in past WDC's or has that escaped your notice.

In regards to calling everyone a blind, you may want to pull your head in tiger.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 25, 2005 12:19 pm

rah wrote:
sgd wrote:

Only a blind would say he's in the level of the best drivers of the

In regards to calling everyone a blind, you may want to pull your head in tiger.
SGD,
that last little line of Rah's is OZ speak for , "would you please be so kind as to modify your posts ever so slightly, so as to lessen the risk of unintentionally offending someone" :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed May 25, 2005 12:29 pm

Yeah, something like that. Make like a turtle or I will start calling you giraffe.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 25, 2005 12:36 pm

rah wrote:Yeah, something like that. Make like a turtle or I will start calling you giraffe.
Are you at Dubbo Zoo, too :lol:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed May 25, 2005 12:40 pm

I might as well be with the people around here.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 25, 2005 1:00 pm

rah wrote:I might as well be with the people around here.
Precisely :lol:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Wed May 25, 2005 3:58 pm

Graham Ross wrote:...
What are you on about K-D :shock: :shock: :shock:

Who did he make up a lap on ?

He came behind the safety car a lap down and unlapped himself when Raikkonen pitted. He then simply caught up with the train behind Fisichella, why because Fisichella was around 3-4 seconds slower a lap.

He then passed Fisichella like all the rest, he passed Trulli like all the rest, he passed Massa and Villeneuve like all the rest (nothing special about any of that).
He then caught up with Alonso like all the rest.

He didn't overtake anyone on the track. Barrichello in my opinion let him through even if he says otherwise (think of it, he won't say he let him through cause it is illegel to do so )

So please if I missed something about that stunning drive of Michael, let me know and before you tell me he set the fastest lap, well Raikkonen had no need to push after his one and only pit stop.

It is like saying WOW, the Williams were stunning today, did you see how they were behind Alonso, pitted and in 3 laps they caught him up again ? That was stunning!!! What they conveniently didn't say was Alonso was like 4 seconds off the pace. For sure they'll catch him.
In fact the time it took for them to pass Alonso is testemant for this guy's skill.

It seems you just want to find something to praise Michael for in these difficult times, up to you but he did nothing an F1 driver would not have done at Monaco
I thought I already explained whom he made a lap up on, but obviously you and I did not see the same race, or did you not see the race??

8)
K-D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 25, 2005 4:20 pm

I saw the same race as Graham. :lol: 8)

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Wed May 25, 2005 4:37 pm

K-D wrote: I thought I already explained whom he made a lap up on, but obviously you and I did not see the same race, or did you not see the race??
And I just explained how he caught up with those ahead. When there is a train of cars moving slowly, you'll easily make up the time. Nothing special to brag about.

Just like how the 2 Williams caught up with Alonso 3 laps after they made a pit stop. Something like 20 or so seconds in 3 laps. WOW :shock: :shock:

The F1 race winners here would have done the same thing :lol: :lol: