5%
Jarno Trulli
No votes

Total votes: 42

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm

JayVee wrote:Alonso had a fuel problem prior to his tyre problem and that is the reason for the drop in his pace and for his retirement. Had he not had either of these problems he would have challenged for the win but we'll never know.

So unlucky as the Renault has been so reliable! Oh well at least we know that he has a car that can go fast now and I hope we see him in Valencia
It may be in a Ferrari, as Alonso has a clause in his contract which states that Renault must provide him "with a cockpit" at every race in 2009 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:33 pm

I believe the chances of Massa's accident which was caused by a flying spring from Barrichello's car would have been much less had there been proper testing of upgrades and new components. Having a ban on testing yet allowing upgrades is a recipe for disaster.

I am also concerned about the mix between KERS and non-KERS cars at the start of a race and having more cars at the first corner than usual.

Checkout my latest article Unsafe rules in F1 on the NewsOnF1 blog

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Tim wrote:I believe the chances of Massa's accident which was caused by a flying spring from Barrichello's car would have been much less had there been proper testing of upgrades and new components. Having a ban on testing yet allowing upgrades is a recipe for disaster.

I am also concerned about the mix between KERS and non-KERS cars at the start of a race and having more cars at the first corner than usual.

Checkout my latest article Unsafe rules in F1 on the NewsOnF1 blog
Tim, I concur completely.
Add to that the fact that new entrants such as Jaimie cannot test,...........KERBLAM. :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Tim wrote:I believe the chances of Massa's accident which was caused by a flying spring from Barrichello's car would have been much less had there been proper testing of upgrades and new components. Having a ban on testing yet allowing upgrades is a recipe for disaster.g
And they want to cut the costs more on cars that are already falling apart :shock:

There has to be some form of hierarchy in terms of importance and allocation of funds...Allow them to utilize more test days so that teams can ensure all their parts fit properly and work, i think this may be a little more important than having a 5 course meal for everyone in your garage and motorhomes the size of some U.S states...Priorities chaps..priorities...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm

just as a matter of interest, to what componetry did the spring belong???? :shock:

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:just as a matter of interest, to what componetry did the spring belong???? :shock:
Apparently it was the "heavy spring" which I understand to be the single main spring which comes into play when the aero load is high, helping the car to stay at the correct angle of pitch and ride height.
The softer outer springs take over when the aero load comes off in the slower sections.
The loss of the heavy spring is why Rubens said he couldn't control the car anymore as the ride height and handling would have been affected.
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:35 am

Anyway it wasnt a bad race. LEWIS was at his phenomenal best, a form he hinted at in Germany already.

KIMI and MARK did well but I dont think they had a serious chance to win on the day.

FERNANDO might have challenged for 3rd without the problems at the pitstop.

SEBASTIAN should start starting better...

NICO to join LEWIS next season, would be deserved for him to get a top car..just another flawless drive by him.

JENSON obviously pressed out whatever there was from the BRAWN, so hopefully the team bring some improvements sooner than later, otherwise the Championships will both go to RED BULL(I believe the WCC will go there anyway..)

TIMO has to qualify better..

Bring on Valencia, with MICHAEL & FERNANDO!!!
YOURS IN SPORT