No votes
Adrian Sutil
13%

Total votes: 38

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:34 pm

OMG OMG!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :bouncec: :cheer: :band: :band: :cheer: :cheer: :ladysman: :happy2:
Can you tell how happy I am???

What a fantastic drive from Mark. So rapt to see him on pole and then to win despite the drive through. Definitely DoftD for me.
Can't believe that for the first time ever I had actually picked him to win!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Great flawless race by Mark Webber!! I was particularly delighted considering I currently perform with the Aussie boy band Human Nature in Las Vegas. The guys were all very excited. Kudos also to Will Power who somehow managed to come back from a lap down to finish 3rd in the IRL event in Toronto!! It was a g'day, to be an Aussie!

:1st: :clap:

Sebastien Vettel made it a Red Bull 1-2!! :2nd: :up:

Great effort by Felipe Massa to come in 3rd. :3rd: :clap:

My DotD was between Webbo, Massa, Alonso, and Sutil. I gave it to Adrian Sutil in the Force India who had no business outperforming both Brawns!!! Too bad Kimi Raikkonen tried to drive through him!

:burnout: :clap:

Bone Head Of The Day goes to Kimi Raikkonen for taking out Sutil in the Force India. Poor Kimi. The sight of a Force India smoking his butt must've short circuited something in his little pea sized brain! Runner up for BHotD is Rubens Barrichello for his tantrum after blowing 2nd place. I agree with Ross Brawn that a win for them was 'out of touch' yesterday. RB still should have made the podium!

:bs:

Once again, Nico Rosberg quietly finishes a very credible 4th. He will be competing for a WDC soon. Mark my words!

:clap: :up:

Ironman Of The Day goes to Fernando Alonso for carrying that bucket o' bolts into the points somehow. Way to go, FA! Runner up is Jenson Button for somehow managing to finish in front of Barrichello again!!!

:drive: :clap: :up:

I hope BMW and McLaren get their stuff together soon!

PEACE!!!
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Interesting to note that JENSON finished 14 secs behind SEBASTIAN with 20 secs more total pit time. RUBENS, while whingering and bickering, is not totally wrong that the team had done enough to make for a comparatively poor result. However, there would have been no beating MARK for either of them, unless...

MARK was good and Im happy for him but you have to admit he was also lucky because with 2 collisions after the start, 1 resulting in a drive-through penalty, you could easily be out of the race. He benefitted greatly from poor BRAWN strategy, SEBASTIANs poor start and HEIKKIs successful blocking of his major competitors.

Hopefully BRAWN are not going to make these errors a rule for the rest of the season. Not being biased but it would be a pity as they might never get this chance of winning the Championships again...

Re.ADRIAN & KIMI, more the Germans fault for going so wide. Still sorry for him, however why havent FORCE INDIA filled up his car and switched tyres at the second stop?
YOURS IN SPORT

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:02 am

Congratulations to Mark Webber on his first win in Formula 1 - Very well deserved and did it in an impressive fashion :clap: :clap:

His start though was shocking and he is lucky to have survived that bang with Barrichello. If they touched wheels it would have been carnage. If he really didn't know Barrichello was there then what was he thinking. If he did then he is showing Michael signs!
He did recover beautifully though and managed to win despite the penalty. He should have thanked Kovalainen though for holding everyone else up! That helped him greatly

I was dissapointed with Barrichello. After that massive gap that Kovalainen gave him and Webber, he still didn't finish on the podium. I am also dissapointed at Brawn for allowing Button to get ahead of Barrichello. I think the refuelling thing was orchestrated, I do. Brawn should be honest with himself, get rid of Barrichello and get a driver who will be there to support Button.

Was great to see Alonso with a quick car. He will win a race this year. Sutil too was impressive and sorry to see his race ruined again!!

Driver of the day goes to Sutil for me. Couldn't give it to Webber for his start and couldn't give it to Alonso for allowing Fisichella to pass him

It seems Goodbye Bourdais. Really hoped to see better things from him but it proves yet again how tough F1 is. I think Piquet is on his way out too and maybe even Barrichello!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!