Peace in Formula 1 - Concorde Agreement signed

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:49 am

Maksutov wrote:
Ed wrote:While FOTA have been ignoring the recent complaints of Max Mosley and deny that a breakaway is back on trak, Mosley seems to be trying all he can to get a strong reaction from FOTA. This time he describes FOTA President Luca Montezemolo as a "bella figura" (Italian for style over substance) and that no one in the motor sport world take seriously!

More:
Crisis set to re-fire as Mosley insults Montezemolo
FOTA denies breakaway back on track

haha... :ROTFLMAO: ; thats a pretty harsh comment obviously he is getting desperate. When people start using words they've lost all other means of control.

Additionally, it is reported that he is saying:

"I am under pressure now from all over the world to stand for re-election."[/

hahahahahaha..... suuuureeeee he is !! what a lie.. :ROTFLMAO:

"I don't actually want to," he added. "I feel I am a little bit too old."

Nah you dont say! hahahaha...
:ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling:

Perhaps he meant re-erection.
8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Maksutov
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by Maksutov » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Ed wrote:While FOTA have been ignoring the recent complaints of Max Mosley and deny that a breakaway is back on trak, Mosley seems to be trying all he can to get a strong reaction from FOTA. This time he describes FOTA President Luca Montezemolo as a "bella figura" (Italian for style over substance) and that no one in the motor sport world take seriously!

More:
Crisis set to re-fire as Mosley insults Montezemolo
FOTA denies breakaway back on track

haha... :ROTFLMAO: ; thats a pretty harsh comment obviously he is getting desperate. When people start using words they've lost all other means of control.

Additionally, it is reported that he is saying:

"I am under pressure now from all over the world to stand for re-election."[/

hahahahahaha..... suuuureeeee he is !! what a lie.. :ROTFLMAO:

"I don't actually want to," he added. "I feel I am a little bit too old."

Nah you dont say! hahahaha...
:ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling:

Perhaps he meant re-erection.
8)

hehe well, we haven't heard anything from Mosley recently, maybe they have injected him with drugs to put him to sleep for a while...

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 pm

The latest from Max Mosley. One wonders if he realises the damage and confusion he is causing!

Mosley - five teams can block F1 peace deal

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Ed wrote:The latest from Max Mosley. One wonders if he realises the damage and confusion he is causing!

Mosley - five teams can block F1 peace deal
Yes he does, and he loves clinging to the little power he has left. To him, F1 matters little, and he has enjoyed playing with it since his failed attempt as a competitor. He is all he cares about, not the sport, the teams, the drivers, or the fans. Everything he has ever done for, or to, F1 has been an exercise in wielding his total authority, and for nothing else. Any gains for F1 have been a by-product.
Like his father, he is a meglomaniac, who has lost all touch with reality.
I am becoming more confident by the day that the odour emanating from the selection of the three teams for next year will solidify into charges of corruption that will bring he and Donelly into total disrepute, and hopefully result in court appearances for both.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:28 am

Looks like the split is on again.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:47 am

The Formula 1 crisis is back again after the FIA and FOTA didn't agree on the status of the 8 FOTA teams forcing the FOTA teams to walk out.

The FIA released the following statement:

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship 08/07/2009

Following the decision of the World Council on 24 June to revert to the pre-29 April version of the 2010 F1 Sporting and Technical Regulations, the FIA today met the teams which have entered the 2010 Championship to seek their agreement to these changes.

All changes have now been agreed subject only to the maintenance of the minimum weight at 620 kg and the signing of a legally binding agreement between all the teams competing in 2010 to reduce costs to the level of the early 1990s within two years, as promised by the FOTA representative in Paris on 24 June.

The eight FOTA teams were invited to attend the meeting to discuss their further proposals for 2010. Unfortunately no discussion was possible because FOTA walked out of the meeting.

------------------------------

From the FIA statement, having the eight FOTA teams invited to attend gives the impression that they are not entered in the championship yet! This is reflected in the FOTA statement which read:

PRESS RELEASE
8 July 2009

Representatives of all FOTA teams attended a meeting of the Sporting Working Group at the Nürburgring today.

During the course of this meeting, the team managers were informed by Mr Charlie Whiting of the FIA that, contrary to previous agreements, the eight FOTA teams are not currently entered into the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship and have no voting rights in relation to the technical and sporting regulations thereof.

It will be remembered that all eight active FOTA members were included on the “accepted” entry list as endorsed by the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) and communicated by FIA press statement on June 24.

In light of these claims, the FOTA representatives requested a postponement of today’s meetings. This was rejected on the grounds that no new Concorde Agreement would be permitted before a unanimous approval of the 2010 regulations was achieved.

However, it is clear to the FOTA teams that the basis of the 2010 technical and sporting regulations was already established in Paris.

As endorsed by the WMSC and clearly stated in the FIA press statement of 24 June “the rules for 2010 onwards will be the 2009 regulations as well as further regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009”. At no point in the Paris discussions was any requirement for unanimous agreement on regulations change expressed. To subsequently go against the will of the WMSC and the detail of the Paris agreement puts the future of Formula 1 in jeopardy.

As a result of these statements, the FOTA representatives at the subsequent Technical Working Group were not able to exercise their rights and therefore had no option other than to terminate their participation.

The FOTA members undertook the Paris agreement and the subsequent discussions in good faith and with a desire to engage with all new and existing teams on the future of Formula One.

--------------------------

Related:
F1 peace ends: FOTA 'walks out' of FIA meeting

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Like a crippled, cornered rat, Mad Max is now attempting to bite anything that he can reach.
The malodorous waft emanating from the FIA bunker over the appointment of the three teams has now become an overpowering stench, Bernie has finally been seen to be as bonkers as he really is, so Mad Max wiil attempt to destroy F1, as his swansong.
I think FOTA and CCV will be very busily putting their heads together, while the Royal Bank of Scotland looks nervously on.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Following the FOTA walkout of the Technical Group meeting, FOTA have indicated that all options are still open and a breakaway series could be a possibility.

More: Breakaway plans 'not buried yet' - Howett

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Despite the angry tone of the latest FIA lettter, reading the letter closely, it seems an agreement is close!

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship 09/07/2009
Setting the Record Straight

Before FOTA’s decision to walk out of yesterday’s Technical Working Group meeting, the President of the FIA wrote twice to the President of FOTA to remind him that any amendments to the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship regulations were subject to the unanimous approval of the five teams that had already entered for next season under the rules as published.

This is because of the International Sporting Code and also because the entered teams have a contract with the FIA which not even the General Assembly or the World Council can abrogate. Anyone with an elementary knowledge of motor sport governance knows this. Imagine the uproar if, after the FOTA teams had entered, the World Council were subsequently to change the rules without asking them.

It follows that the agreement of the five teams currently entered in the 2010 World Championship to all 2010 rule changes is required. To suggest that FOTA were only made aware of this during the meetings of yesterday is quite simply untrue. So is the implicit claim that they were all unaware of one of motor sport’s basic principles.

As things stand, the current members of the F1 Technical and Sporting Working Groups, in relation to 2010 are the teams which have entered the 2010 Championship. However the 8 FOTA teams were invited to the meetings in order that all 13 teams could agree the 2010 Sporting and Technical Regulations which would then be the so-called ‘stable regulations’ in a new Concorde Agreement. The SWG took place in the morning on this basis and much progress was made. However in the afternoon the FOTA teams walked out of the TWG. Nevertheless the five entered teams were able to confirm the changes agreed by the World Council in Paris on 24 June, as announced yesterday.

It has always been the FIA's understanding that the FOTA teams wanted a Concorde Agreement in place before entering the 2010 Championship. Once entered, the FOTA teams could no longer threaten a breakaway because of the contractual position mentioned above.

The basis for the FIA agreeing to drop plans for a cost cap was the proposal prepared by the Williams team over the Silverstone weekend which would allow an agreed reduction of expenditure to the level of the early 1990s by the end of 2011 to be dealt with by the teams themselves. This reduction was agreed by FOTA and confirmed by them in Paris on 24 June. This would be a private, legally-enforceable contract involving all the teams, but not the FIA. The FIA confirmed in Paris that once this agreement is in place, the cost cap provisions can be removed from the 2010 Sporting Regulations.

The deal that the FIA reached with FOTA in Paris was to extend the 1998 Concorde Agreement with some minor amendments to the governance section. This would have put in place an F1 Commission to deal with future rules with any major question going to the FIA Senate.

However, on 25 June, instead of the 1998 Agreement with some minor amendments, the FIA received 350 pages of a completely new Concorde Agreement.

It being wholly impractical to involve the Senate in such detailed negotiations, the contract was handed over to FIA lawyers, who worked on it tirelessly over the weekend 27-28 June and gave comments during a three-hour conference call on Monday 29 June. Then the 350 pages of 25 June turned out not to be the final FOTA/FOA version and elements of a new version appeared, partly on 2 July, partly on 3 July.

Again, FIA lawyers worked over the weekend on 4-5 July, as did FIA President Max Mosley and FIA Deputy President (sport) Nick Craw. Further comments were then given on a three and a half hour lawyers' call on Monday 6 July and again in a conference call yesterday, 8 July, following the circulation of further drafts. Further significant progress was made yesterday evening in yet another conference call.

At present it seems probable that a final draft of the 2009 Concorde Agreement will be agreed and ready for signature in the coming days.

Related:
Friday: another important day in F1 crisis

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Nero fiddled, Rome burned.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:56 am

It is now reported that FOTA and CVC have done a deal that will be presented to the FIA as a fait accompli. And if the FIA rejects the deal, FOTA and CVC will run the breakaway series.

It is also reported that FOTA are now demanding Mosley's resignation

More: Political war rumbles on in Nurburgring shadows

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:16 am

Seems fair to me, :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:24 am

Flavio is now being tipped to replace Eckers at the end of the year. :D

Maksutov
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by Maksutov » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 am

Ed wrote:It is now reported that FOTA and CVC have done a deal that will be presented to the FIA as a fait accompli. And if the FIA rejects the deal, FOTA and CVC will run the breakaway series.

It is also reported that FOTA are now demanding Mosley's resignation

More: Political war rumbles on in Nurburgring shadows
Well it will be interesting to see what happens now. Mosley has been just playing another twisted manipulative game and more of the same from Mosley. That person is destined to become a political corpse. Mosley continues to manipulate everyone as usual. I will be interested to see how he responds to the resignation, if it is indeed true. But I expect from him another game of pretense that nothing wrong is happening. He has ways out on everything. And he would rather see F1 burn to dust before he is forced out.

The only hope we have so far is for Mosley to be pressured and removed from within FIA. Thus far it looks like Ari Vatanen has lots of support from FIA members to run for the presidency in October. The only way to win this war is destroy Mosley from within. Remove his little rich slave friend supporters and persuade them to support somebody else. Ari seems to be a very professional individual certainly from his recent comments.

But regardless of that, FIA in my eyes will still remain to have many corrupt members, as it is now 100% corrupt governing body. And it is going to take a long time for that to be cleaned out. FOTA must proceed to cover their own interests, and make no further hidden deals with Mosley or FIA, and must continue to demand removal of Mosley and Bernie nazi lovers. But it will be a miracle if they ever leave...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:02 am

Well, I am starting to relax just a tad.
CVC, in consultation with FOTA, and without Bernies' paricipation, have registered "GP1", and designed a logo. They and FOTA are ready to go.
If Max does not sign the letter of resignation he will be presented with shortly, rather than a split, the FIA will be shunted off into a backwater series.
Max will then be sued out of his pants ( a rather disgusting thought I admit.) I think that Bernie will then be offered a titular position by the end of the season, with no authority whatsoever.