Fernando Alonso
9%

Total votes: 22

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 am

GhoGho wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Mind you, why worry. After the first few laps there were only two english drivers and a couple of interlopers in the race, which was commentated by as big a pair of dribblers as I have ever had the misfortune to hear.And I sat up til near 1am to see the race out. :cry:
That's why they invented the DVR
Solar Power.................. 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:41 pm

I didn't even get to watch the race. :( It is just too hard for me at the moment unless it is on early. :( :( :(
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 pm

The race was probably less exciting than the previous 3, mainly due to the lack of weather and/or AMG Mercedes participation.

However, in fairness, for a dry GP without major accidents it was good action. A lot happened in the first lap and shortly thereafter but JENSONs display was absolutely championlike, and SEBASTIANs as well. In fact they are probably going to fight it out this year...

As for TOYOTA being able to win with a real good driver I think that would be underestimating the current duo, especially TIMO who defo belongs to the top 5. Nothing comparable would be on the market...and I would be extremely surprised if he doesnt win one or two races this year.
YOURS IN SPORT

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Ross Brawn weaved his magic once again. 8) There is no one else in F1 who even remotely approaches his vision and creativity. I have witnessed so many races over the past 15 years in which the car, driver and strategy have been orchestrated perfectly and harmoniously. They all have one thing in common, Ross Brawn. 8)

We have to ask ourselves, and all the other teams should ask: Why is everyone else who co-ordinates race stategy apparently useless?

P1 Jenson 8)
P4 Lewis 8)

I'm quite a happy bunny :D
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm

jacfan wrote:I didn't even get to watch the race. :( It is just too hard for me at the moment unless it is on early. :( :( :(
If u r not on solar, is there any chance u could record it, and take it to "treatment"??
Anger at the right time does wonderful things for corpuscles 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Snowy wrote:Ross Brawn weaved his magic once again. 8) There is no one else in F1 who even remotely approaches his vision and creativity. I have witnessed so many races over the past 15 years in which the car, driver and strategy have been orchestrated perfectly and harmoniously. They all have one thing in common, Ross Brawn. 8)

We have to ask ourselves, and all the other teams should ask: Why is everyone else who co-ordinates race stategy apparently useless?

P1 Jenson 8)
P4 Lewis 8)

I'm quite a happy bunny :D
Give the young Ferrari fella another couple of years............. 8)
ergo the last race............. :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 pm

F1greyhound wrote:The race was probably less exciting than the previous 3, mainly due to the lack of weather and/or AMG Mercedes participation.

However, in fairness, for a dry GP without major accidents it was good action. A lot happened in the first lap and shortly thereafter but JENSONs display was absolutely championlike, and SEBASTIANs as well. In fact they are probably going to fight it out this year...

As for TOYOTA being able to win with a real good driver I think that would be underestimating the current duo, especially TIMO who defo belongs to the top 5. Nothing comparable would be on the market...and I would be extremely surprised if he doesnt win one or two races this year.
Are you saying that T Glock is better than any one of Alonso, Webber, Kimi, Button, Hamilton, Vettel, Kubica, etc, given that Johny Reid, who can't get a drive in V8Supercars, made him look slow at Taupo in A1gP.
Where would you slot him in, in your top 5 F1 drivers?

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Julian, dont forget the difference between the current F1 drivers is pretty slim. There is also something like a momentum and the actual package which helps or doesnt...

Generally TIMO is right up there, from the ones you mentioned I would say he would beat MARK(even though on a good momentum..) and KIMI(on his current, still less than his best, momentum..) on equal terms 2 of 3 times.

I would say 3 stand out just that little bit - and they are FERNANDO, LEWIS and SEBASTIAN.

Last year FELIPE and ROBERT would have been close but they are fighting with their package now.

JENSON could get there if he continues at his current level(and great momentum). I could now name TIMO as No.5 but in fairness he wouldnt be the only option...

I think he is a bit unrecognised with his extremely smooth driving(=why he didnt get any heat in the prime tyres at Bahrain...). He would probably have won the Sepang GP had it been restarted. Dont forget the immediate excellent impression he left in the Jordan and then his domination of GP2.

Re.your A1 example - If a driver on some occasion looked poor that would be human and doesnt mean but nothing...;-)
YOURS IN SPORT

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 pm

F1greyhound wrote:Last year FELIPE and ROBERT would have been close but they are fighting with their package now.
:shock: Why do we guys always end up wrestling with our package when things aren't going our way? :roll:

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Snowy, I guess that makes us special.. :lol:
YOURS IN SPORT

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Which reminds me! :idea: I need to rediscover my own potential. :box:

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:28 am

Snowy, good luck :wink:

Julian :?:
YOURS IN SPORT

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 am

F1greyhound wrote:Snowy, good luck :wink:

Sorry, got dragged off to maximse my potential by way of serious commitment with my partner of the last 12 months.................sigh :lucky:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:

Sorry, got dragged off to maximse my potential by way of serious commitment with my partner of the last 12 months.................sigh :lucky:
Well congrats on whatever that commitment may be. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Well congrats on whatever that commitment may be. :D
:wink: Thank You, 8)