Total votes: 40

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:33 pm

WOW what a start to the season!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Statement from McLaren:

McLaren Mercedes suspends sporting director Dave Ryan

This morning, Dave Ryan was suspended from his position as sporting director of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.

Team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: “In my 20-odd years working for McLaren, I doubt if I’ve met a more dedicated individual than Davey. He's been an integral part of McLaren since 1974 and has played a crucial role in the team’s many world championship successes since that time.

“However, his role in the events of last Sunday, particularly his dealings with the FIA stewards, has caused serious repercussions for the team, for which we apologise. Therefore, I suspended him this morning and he has accepted this.”

Related:

McLaren sacks Dave Ryan over lying saga

Whitmarsh confirms sporting director suspended

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:56 am

:D F1greyhound: right you are on how gifted all the drivers on the grid are. No one gets to this level without terrific skills. I suppose the reason I am rating McLarens over Renaults is because I am 'carrying over' from last year. As to team orders, the only difference was that Ferrari was always completely clear about their goal which was to get as many wins and points with Michael as humanly possible; whatever his mate was able to add was certainly a part of their calculus, but they wanted both drivers to understand that the name of the game was points, not sportsmanship (since no points are awarded for it) and an established order is the best guarantee of points.

Other teams probably suffer for NOT establishing this with their drivers (McLaren, famously, seemed to shoot themselves in the foot by observing a strict 'no fav.' rule. And that was why Fernando --rightly in my opinion-- was so upset about his stint there. Maybe Heikki is the team player they want; I don't know, but he sure isn't adding a lot of points to the pot.

As to Seb. V. You're right, I think. He's going to be the next crowd pleaser probably even in England because he is both a racer and a pretty solid person, too.

on to the qualy's and I hope Kubica gets sorted out soon. The practice results are discouraging.

jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:21 am

Vettel is good no doubt. To me he has the potential to be a great. He is showing speed and skill that reminds me of Alonso when he first started in F1.

I do think the penalty is harsh however the stewards have many times penalised drivers for what we don't beleive is fair. I remember Alonso getting penalised in qualifying where everyone thought it was unfair.

In my opinion Kubica being the more experienced should have waited for another turn
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:34 am

I agree with both of your posts, but I have to be vewy vewy quiet, or people shout at me :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:36 am

Julian Mayo wrote:I agree with both of your posts, but I have to be vewy vewy quiet, or people shout at me :cry:

Not everyone'll shout at you, Julian......you just keep speaking your mind and let the chips fall where they may.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 am

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:I agree with both of your posts, but I have to be vewy vewy quiet, or people shout at me :cry:

Not everyone'll shout at you, Julian......you just keep speaking your mind and let the chips fall where they may.

OK.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Given the ongoing 'lie-gate' scandal surrounding Lewis Hamilton and the McLaren team, we have created a separate thread to report and discuss the lastest on this scandal here